IndiaDivine.org

Vegan athletic shoes with tall soles of uniform height

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Darn!! I was going by the photograph, in which the sole looked super high. The Sketchers and other photographs that SF Veggie Girl sent looked lower in the soles than the Garmont Kiowa boot, but I guess I misjudged. OK, back to the drawing board:

Here are the athletic women's shoes (mostly lace up style) sold at Payless. Most of them are manmade materials. A few of them look like the soles are really high, but now I am afraid to judge by the photo. The models that look like the soles are unusually thick (i.e., high) are the Champion Ultima Performance Athletic, Champion Score Performance Athletic and the Rugged Outback Hiking Boot (all lace up). Payless ShoeSource - Womens - View All Shoe Styles - Athletic Payless also sells non-slip shoes under the "work and safety" link that have very high soles, but do not appear in the photo to be 3". One plan might be to purchase the work and safety shoes or athletic in a roomy size and put insoles inside to make them match the height of the orthopedic walking boot on the healing foot. Payless ShoeSource - Womens - View All Shoe Styles - Work & Safety

I hope these links are of some help.

Best wishes, Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

In a message dated 11/27/2009 10:40:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, tammy writes:

> athletic style shoes with a 3" sole that is uniform in height throughout

I have the Garmont Kiowa vegan boots. I measured mine and the height of the sole is 1 1/2" in the back tapering to 3/4" in front. I'd probably wear them all the time if they added 3" to my height.

They are really comfy and I would recommend them for anyone looking for vegan boots.

Cheers,

Tammy

01/16 Food for Thought Book Club: Ethics Into Action - SF