IndiaDivine.org

Flacos Vegan Mexican sit down restaurant coming soon to Berkeley

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last night's Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned that he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building at 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley. Up til now he has been catering his delicious vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.Stay tuned for opening details. His website is www.flacos.com.Bob

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Flacos is expecting to open on Friday.  Tenative hours Tues - Sat 11-9.--RuchiraOn Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Vegan Living <veganliving wrote:

Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last night's Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned that he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building at 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley.  Up til now he has been catering his delicious vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.

Stay tuned for opening details.  His website is www.flacos.com.Bob

Guest guest

I agree - Flacos is the best. So glad they are opening a restaurant!

You might want to check to be sure they are open before going over there. Here

is their info:

Email: info

Phone: (510) 541-1459

FLACOS

3031 Adeline St.

Berkeley, CA 94703

Karen

, Ruchira Datta <Ruchira.Datta wrote:

>

> Flacos is expecting to open on Friday. Tenative hours Tues - Sat 11-9.

>

> --Ruchira

>

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Vegan Living <veganliving wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last night's

> > Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned that

> > he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building at

> > 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley. Up til now he has been catering his delicious

> > vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.

> > Stay tuned for opening details. His website is www.flacos.com.

> > Bob

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi, just curious if anyone went to Flacos opening, which was reported as being on Friday?

Tammy

On Behalf Of karen_Tuesday, March 02, 2010 2:11 PM Subject: Re: Flacos Vegan Mexican sit down restaurant coming soon to Berkeley

I agree - Flacos is the best. So glad they are opening a restaurant!You might want to check to be sure they are open before going over there. Here is their info:Email: info (AT) flacos (DOT) comWebsite: http://www.flacos.com/Phone: (510) 541-1459 FLACOS3031 Adeline St.Berkeley, CA 94703 Karen , Ruchira Datta <Ruchira.Datta wrote:>> Flacos is expecting to open on Friday. Tenative hours Tues - Sat 11-9.> > --Ruchira> > On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Vegan Living <veganliving wrote:> > >> >> > Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last night's> > Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned that> > he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building at> > 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley. Up til now he has been catering his delicious> > vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.> > Stay tuned for opening details. His website is www.flacos.com.> > Bob> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I went to drive by after their reported closing time on Saturday.  The little building that I saw (SE corner of Adeline and Ashby) didn't look like it had been open for business any time recently--not sure if I was looking at the right one.

--RuchiraOn Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Tammy <tammy wrote:

Hi, just curious if anyone went to Flacos opening, which was reported as being on Friday?

Tammy

On Behalf Of karen_Tuesday, March 02, 2010 2:11 PM Subject: Re: Flacos Vegan Mexican sit down restaurant coming soon to Berkeley

I agree - Flacos is the best. So glad they are opening a restaurant!You might want to check to be sure they are open before going over there. Here is their info:Email: infoWebsite: http://www.flacos.com/Phone: (510) 541-1459 FLACOS3031 Adeline St.Berkeley, CA 94703 Karen , Ruchira Datta <Ruchira.Datta wrote:>> Flacos is expecting to open on Friday. Tenative hours Tues - Sat 11-9.> > --Ruchira> > On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Vegan Living <veganliving wrote:> > >> >> > Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last night's> > Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned that> > he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building at> > 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley. Up til now he has been catering his delicious> > vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.> > Stay tuned for opening details. His website is www.flacos.com.> > Bob> >> > > >>

Guest guest

It was reported as being delayed a few days.

Greg

>Hi, just curious if anyone went to Flacos opening, which was reported as

>being on Friday?

>

>Tammy

>

> _____

>

> On Behalf Of

>karen_

>Tuesday, March 02, 2010 2:11 PM

>

> Re: Flacos Vegan Mexican sit down restaurant coming soon

>to Berkeley

>

>

>

>

>I agree - Flacos is the best. So glad they are opening a restaurant!

>

>You might want to check to be sure they are open before going over there.

>Here is their info:

>

>Email: info (AT) flacos (DOT) <info%40flacos.com> com

>Website: http://www.flacos. <http://www.flacos.com/> com/

>Phone: (510) 541-1459

>

>FLACOS

>3031 Adeline St.

>Berkeley, CA 94703

>

>Karen

>

>@ <%40> .com, Ruchira

>Datta <Ruchira.Datta wrote:

>>

>> Flacos is expecting to open on Friday. Tenative hours Tues - Sat 11-9.

>>

>> --Ruchira

>>

>> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Vegan Living <veganliving wrote:

>>

>> >

>> >

>> > Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last

>night's

>> > Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned

>that

>> > he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building

>at

>> > 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley. Up til now he has been catering his

>delicious

>> > vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.

>> > Stay tuned for opening details. His website is www.flacos.com.

>> > Bob

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

Guest guest

I called on Friday and they said they'd pushed back the opening until tomorrow (Tuesday).On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Tammy <tammy wrote:

Tammy

I agree - Flacos is the best. So glad they are opening a restaurant!You might want to check to be sure they are open before going over there. Here is their info:Email: infoWebsite: http://www.flacos.com/Phone: (510) 541-1459 FLACOS3031 Adeline St.Berkeley, CA 94703 Karen , Ruchira Datta <Ruchira.Datta wrote:>> Flacos is expecting to open on Friday. Tenative hours Tues - Sat 11-9.> > --Ruchira> > On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Vegan Living <veganliving wrote:> > >> >> > Tony of Flacos, was offering his excellent vegan taquitos to last night's> > Vegan Valentine's Day party attendees and in talking with him I learned that> > he is preparing to open a restaurant in the old Ital Calabosh building at> > 3031 Adeline St., Berkeley. Up til now he has been catering his delicious> > vegan Mexican food and selling at farmers' markets.> > Stay tuned for opening details. His website is www.flacos.com.> > Bob> >> > > >>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

I just went there this afternoon. Antonio said they had opened yesterday.  Their posted hours are 11-9 Monday through Saturday.  We got some delicious banana-leaf tamales.  Please stop by the newest vegan restaurant!

--RuchiraOn Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Josh Schwartz <veganjosh wrote:

I called on Friday and they said they'd pushed back the opening until tomorrow (Tuesday).On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Tammy <tammy wrote:

Tammy

Guest guest

Hi all

Antonio from Flacos also emailed us yesterday morning. I was getting ready for our Montara North Peak/Beach hike so didn't have time to update the Ultimate Guide, but I've done it now.

One thing I want to point out is that his hours are Tues through Saturday.

For folks who enjoy his food, please give him some kudos in an Ultimate Guide review!

Ruchira, perhaps you can set a good example for everyone :-)

And if anyone going to visit has a digi camera, send us a photo of the restaurant exterior.

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/display.htm?id=245

Cheers,

Tammy

Join us at an upcoming Bay Area Vegetarians event!

03/20 Plant-Powered Hikers - North Peak Montara Mtn - Montara 03/27 Secrets of Vegan Baking: The Chocolate Trio - San Mateo 03/27 Vegan Pizza Party at Amici's - San Mateo 03/30 Vegan Pizza Party at Amici's - Redwood City 04/11 Vegan Food and Games Party - Pacifica

Say it your way .. with an Ultimate Guide Review