IndiaDivine.org

Looking for Other Gluten Free Vegans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, last week I found out I am allergic to gluten. I will hopefully find

out today how serious, whether I just have a sensitivity or Celiac Disease.

When I got the news, I was pretty heartbroken as most of the vegan things I have

come to rely on when eating at mainstream restaurants and especially when I

travel have gluten (oh bread and pasta, how I love you). Well, now that I've

come out of my slump I am ready to meet some other gluten free vegans and hear

how you deal with this dietary restriction.

Any of you out there? Would love to talk with you.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie/ others with gluten problems,

I do not have Celiac Sprue, a very serious autoimmune disorder which makes eating gluten  dangerous, but I am allergic to gluten.

Funny you should post this as I was just going to post what I found yesterday.  I put gluten and vegan into google and found a great site called vegiac.com, which tho mainly for people with Celiac who are vegetarians and vegans is a great resource for people w/ other gluten problems (it's fine to join w/o Celiac- they even asked me in voluntary profile if I had Celiac, allergy, etc.)   

Through this site, I found a 2nd which has a lot of gluten-free vegan products ( look at ingredients first some products not vegetarian or vegan).   food4celiacs.com has a lot of products I'd never seen before, even tho the Bay Area has a lot of gluten-free food on offer (generally natural food stores).

Ordered lots of cookies : ) 

Good luck!

Stephanie

On 2/19/10, sddullanty <sddullanty wrote:

Hi all, last week I found out I am allergic to gluten. I will hopefully find out today how serious, whether I just have a sensitivity or Celiac Disease. When I got the news, I was pretty heartbroken as most of the vegan things I have come to rely on when eating at mainstream restaurants and especially when I travel have gluten (oh bread and pasta, how I love you). Well, now that I've come out of my slump I am ready to meet some other gluten free vegans and hear how you deal with this dietary restriction.

Any of you out there? Would love to talk with you.Thanks,Stephanie

-- " Our task must be to widen our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. "   Albert Einstein

" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated. "    Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry to hear about your allergy. Allyson at http://www.manifestvegan.com also recently found out that she's gluten intolerant and has lots of gluten free recipes. You might find some tips

over there.

-Robsddullanty <sddullanty Sent: Fri, February 19, 2010 10:38:19 AM Looking for Other Gluten Free Vegans

Hi all, last week I found out I am allergic to gluten. I will hopefully find out today how serious, whether I just have a sensitivity or Celiac Disease.

When I got the news, I was pretty heartbroken as most of the vegan things I have come to rely on when eating at mainstream restaurants and especially when I travel have gluten (oh bread and pasta, how I love you). Well, now that I've come out of my slump I am ready to meet some other gluten free vegans and hear how you deal with this dietary restriction.

Any of you out there? Would love to talk with you.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Good News, 90% of Asian foods are gluten free.

There are lots of excellent Asian dishes you'll get addicted to. Then you'll

forget your pasta and bread cravings.

We all know Trader Joes have affordable gluten free products for you to buy. In

fact their web site lists all their gluten free products. Overall, gluten free

subsitute products are sometimes pricey. I recommended just eat ordinary

everyday fruits/veggie dishes...

Good Luck

winnie

, S Falcone <bekindbecause wrote:

>

> Hi Stephanie/ others with gluten problems,

>

> I do not have Celiac Sprue, a very serious autoimmune disorder which makes

> eating gluten dangerous, but I am allergic to gluten.

>