Resources?? - For raising vegetarian kids

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All:

I am looking for some pointers, resources(books, groups, activites etc..) for

raising veg kids. I have a preschooler. And I want to help him understand

vegetarianism and why his mom is veggie.And possibly influence him. Do you have

any recommendations on resources such as local groups, books etc.

Thanks,

Birdie

Guest guest

Disease proof your child is an excellent book for both you and your child.http://www.amazon.com/Disease-Proof-Your-Child-Feeding-Right/dp/0312338058https://www.drfuhrman.com/faq/question.aspx?sid=10 & qindex=0https://www.drfuhrman.com/shop/books.aspxFeeding Children RightFood choices, especially food choices early in life, are the primary cause of disease and poor quality of life in this country. The major health problems that plague us – clogged arteries, obesity, diabetes, cancers, and others begin in childhood. What we feed our children from infancy through adolescence, and how we respond to their childhood illnesses, will influence the kind of health and longevity they enjoy the rest of their lives.My book, Disease Proof Your Child, contains the fascinating science which demonstrates that the current epidemic of adult cancers and other diseases are closely linked to what we eat. The seeds for future auto-immune diseases are also sown in childhood Eating right in childhood is the most powerful weapon against the growing cancer epidemic. By eating right today, children can be healthy tomorrow.The solution for frequently ill children is not more and more antibiotics. Eating the right nutrient-dense foods has a significant impact on children’s resistance to dangerous infections, their intelligence, and success in school. A change in dietary habits can have a dramatic effect on reducing the occurrences of illness like: ear infections, asthma, and allergies.Disease Proof Your Child gives dietary recommendations that take science to the family table in a manner that kids will like. It contains essential knowledge for parents to ensure that their children are eating right to maintain a healthy mind and body. It includes guidelines on how to get even the pickiest eater to learn to love healthy food. Delicious, easy to prepare, child tested recipes are included.There are thousands of books out there on nutrition, and many of them contradict each other with different viewpoints and advice. Nutritional science is not political and it is not a belief system. When the data is reviewed with completeness and integrity, one has no choice but to recognize that the diets most people are feeding their children today must be seen as child abuse. They destine their child to a lifetime of compromised health and a premature death from cancer. I hope to do what I can to disseminate information to the public that can counter the destructive economic forces of the food and drug industry. People can take back control of their health destiny and raise children to maximize their potential for a healthy life.On Apr 23, 2010, at 6:42 AM, hatti_100 wrote:

Hi All:

I am looking for some pointers, resources(books, groups, activites etc..) for raising veg kids. I have a preschooler. And I want to help him understand vegetarianism and why his mom is veggie.And possibly influence him. Do you have any recommendations on resources such as local groups, books etc.

Thanks,

Birdie

Guest guest

Dear Birdie, Here is an attachment about Disease Proof Your child:

See Disease Proof your Child book and audiobook here: https://www.drfuhrman.com/shop/books.aspxPeace,SamOn Apr 23, 2010, at 6:42 AM, hatti_100 wrote:

Hi All:

I am looking for some pointers, resources(books, groups, activites etc..) for raising veg kids. I have a preschooler. And I want to help him understand vegetarianism and why his mom is veggie.And possibly influence him. Do you have any recommendations on resources such as local groups, books etc.

Thanks,

Birdie

1 of 1 File(s)

DrFuhrmans_Disease-Proof_Your_Child_tri-fold.pdf

Guest guest

Hi Birdie. By all means get resources to help your child, but always

remember that the best resource. by far, is you! We used, and continue

to use, every opportunity to teach our child good values. So, whether

it's about food, smoking, war, a strike or anything else, we explicitly

teach about compassion, peace, justice, sustainability, health. We

never tricked him into eating veg; we just fed him veg. As he got

older, we said this is how we eat and why, taking every opportunity to

do so. We told him it's the healthiest thing we could do for ourselves;

we told them that we didn't want to hurt animals, that we love animals,

that we want to save their lives and that we get to do that everyday;

we told him that fruits and veggies are good for the environment and

that meat is bad for the environment. We also told him he could do

whatever he wants as an adult, but this is how we live our lives. He's

now a very happy, very proud, very knowledgeable activist veg teen!

Peace, Dan

Eco-Eating

www.brook.com/veg

The Vegetarian Mitzvah

www.brook.com/jveg

No Smoking?

www.brook.com/smoke

Resources?? - For raising vegetarian kids

Posted

by: "hatti_100"

bay_ca hatti_100

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:09 am (PDT)