IndiaDivine.org

Basil Cha Cha - Foster City - Veg Thai Restaurant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi:

I went to Basil Cha Cha in Foster City for dinner Saturday evening - and as

usual the food and presentation was excellent. The wait staff is really friendly

and when we were trying to figure out each of our individual totals - she asked

if separate checks would be easier - and actually got us separate checks in no

time at all.

I have been there a few times now - for dinner and take out at lunch and the

restaurant has been relatively empty.

I am really hoping they stay open for a long time! The food is great and very

reasonable- the decor is really nice and arty.

Looking forward to the SFBAVEG dinner there next week - we need to keep them in

business!

Dipti

Guest guest

Hi all,

Dipti, that's been my experience too -- excellent food and courteous service (a rare combination), clean restaurant, but the restaurant has been practically empty while I've been there. I simply don't understand why ..

For anyone who lives/works in the area, please encourage them to try Basil Cha Cha -- I think they will really enjoy the experience!

And, as Dipti mentioned, we're hosting a dinner there next week -- dinner at 6:30 pm, preceded by an optional short walk along the Bay Trail at 6 pm

What: Basil Cha Cha Vegan Thai Dinner & Bay Trail walk Where: Foster CityWhen: 5/13/10 ThursdayHost: Tammy and Chris [ http://www.bayareaveg.org/rsvp.htm?id=2369 ]Full Details: http://www.bayareaveg.org/events.php?EID=2369#2369

Unlike SF, East Bay and South Bay, the Peninsula has a real shortage of veg*n restaurants, and this one deserves our support --

My review of Basil Cha Cha

http://www.generationv.org/foster-city-gets-its-first-veg-restaurant

Cheers,

Tammy

My Ultimate Guide Reviews | GenerationVegan blogUpcoming BAVeg Events I'm hosting05/13 Basil Cha Cha Vegan Thai Dinner + Bay Trail walk - Foster City 06/26 SF Pride - Veg outreach / Education - SF 06/27 SF Pride - Veg outreach / Education - SF 07/04 Sand-n-Surf Vegan Food Party! - Montara State Beach

(more events at bayareaveg.org/events )

On Behalf Of sharma_diptiSent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:27 PM Subject: Basil Cha Cha - Foster City - Veg Thai Restaurant

Hi:I went to Basil Cha Cha in Foster City for dinner Saturday evening - and as usual the food and presentation was excellent. The wait staff is really friendly and when we were trying to figure out each of our individual totals - she asked if separate checks would be easier - and actually got us separate checks in no time at all.I have been there a few times now - for dinner and take out at lunch and the restaurant has been relatively empty.I am really hoping they stay open for a long time! The food is great and very reasonable- the decor is really nice and arty.Looking forward to the SFBAVEG dinner there next week - we need to keep them in business!Dipti

Guest guest

I had lunch at Basil Cha Cha today (Friday) and there were 25 people eating in

at the same time. That is close to fully occupied.

While Friday is a favorite day for office folks to go out to lunch I do think

this is a good indication the place has gotten some good word of mouth going.

To anyone who hasn't been there yet I highly recommend it - my omnivore lunch

companion loved the food and the presentation just as much as I did. Try it

out and tell your friends.

Greg

>Hi all,

>

>Dipti, that's been my experience too -- excellent food and courteous

>service

>(a rare combination), clean restaurant, but the restaurant has been

>practically empty while I've been there. I simply don't understand why ..

>

>For anyone who lives/works in the area, please encourage them to try Basil

>Cha Cha -- I think they will really enjoy the experience!

Guest guest

> I had lunch at Basil Cha Cha today (Friday) and there were 25 people eating in> at the same time. That is close to fully occupied.

That's good to know. I've only been to Basil Cha Cha for dinner, on Thursday or Friday evenings. I hear Merit in the South Bay is packed for lunch, yet whenever I've gone there for a weekend lunch or weekday dinner, it's been relatively quiet.

For anyone who'd like to join us, our dinner at BCC is this approaching Thursday.

05/13 Basil Cha Cha Vegan Thai Dinner + Bay Trail walk - Foster City

We loved the peanut curry that we had last time. I think we will have to try another curry this time....

Cheers,

Tammy

My Ultimate Guide Reviews | GenerationVegan blogUpcoming BAVeg Events I'm hosting05/13 Basil Cha Cha Vegan Thai Dinner + Bay Trail walk - Foster City 06/26 SF Pride - Veg outreach / Education - SF 06/27 SF Pride - Veg outreach / Education - SF 07/04 Sand-n-Surf Vegan Food Party! - Montara State Beach

(more events at bayareaveg.org/events )