IndiaDivine.org

finding coops

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm familiar with the term. coop is something like a farmer's market or local orchard right?

Megan

-

nicole_messages

Saturday, December 22, 2001 10:20 AM

finding coops

Cheryll wrote:>>>Might be better to seek a food-coop or natural foods store.>>>OK. I am a new vegetarian. I was wondering... how do youfind your local coops? Thanks,NicoleSend your FREE holiday greetings online!http://greetings.contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Well...I don't know a whole lot about coop's either, just that we

have one locally. I don't know how common they are. I do know that

it is owned by the members, and you can buy a membership, which

entitles you to 10% off your groceries. The one I visit is a full-

service natural foods store, they have everything from produce, bulk

foods to convenience foods and health products, all vegetarian and

alot of them organic. You don't have to be a member to shop there,

anyone can.

Ours is listed in the yellow pages under Natural Foods or Health

Foods, also under Grocers I think.

Actually the original point I was really trying to make is that

becoming vegetarian isn't cost prohibitive. I don't think I spend

any more on groceries now than I ever did, in fact maybe less.

anyone else have any thoughts on that?

cheryll

, " Megan Milligan " <yasminduran@l...>

wrote:

> I'm familiar with the term. coop is something like a farmer's

market or local orchard right?

>

> Megan

> -

> nicole_messages

>

> Saturday, December 22, 2001 10:20 AM

> finding coops

>

>

> Cheryll wrote:

> >>>

> Might be better to seek a food-coop or natural foods store.

> >>>

>

> OK. I am a new vegetarian. I was wondering... how do you

> find your local coops?

>

> Thanks,

> Nicole

>

>

>

>

> Send your FREE holiday greetings online!

> http://greetings.

>

>

I agree. Before I stopped eating meat, i didn't want all the fat so I cost shopped around for the leanest & best cuts of meat & chicken (which cost more), but now that I"m vegetarian, I find myself spending a little less because I cut that out. A lot of meat substitutes are naturally lowfat anyway.

Megan

-

naturalist_44240

Sunday, December 23, 2001 4:26 AM

Re: finding coops

Well...I don't know a whole lot about coop's either, just that we have one locally. I don't know how common they are. I do know that it is owned by the members, and you can buy a membership, which entitles you to 10% off your groceries. The one I visit is a full-service natural foods store, they have everything from produce, bulk foods to convenience foods and health products, all vegetarian and alot of them organic. You don't have to be a member to shop there, anyone can.Ours is listed in the yellow pages under Natural Foods or Health Foods, also under Grocers I think.Actually the original point I was really trying to make is that becoming vegetarian isn't cost prohibitive. I don't think I spend any more on groceries now than I ever did, in fact maybe less. anyone else have any thoughts on that?cheryll, "Megan Milligan" <yasminduran@l...> wrote:> I'm familiar with the term. coop is something like a farmer's market or local orchard right?> > Megan > - > nicole_messages > > Saturday, December 22, 2001 10:20 AM> finding coops> > > Cheryll wrote:> >>>> Might be better to seek a food-coop or natural foods store.> >>>> > OK. I am a new vegetarian. I was wondering... how do you> find your local coops? > > Thanks,> Nicole> > > > > Send your FREE holiday greetings online!> http://greetings.> >