IndiaDivine.org

kids and vegetarianism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 03/07/2002 8:24:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, twoslim writes:

Have you tried frozen grapes, we think they taste like grape popcicles, or frozen peas, we pop them

We do the grapes too! Especially in the summer. The kids love um. When I do salads I use cold peas many times to add some nutritional value. With a little salad dressing the kids hardly notice but then again mine love peas. Speaking of frozen... Smoothies! Kids love them. I make them many times for the kids. I have even added tiny bits of dates for added sweetness. We like Strawberry and I make them with honey and protein powder and a little milk or yogurt. I sometimes add a banana. Yum, think I'll have to go fix one. Robin

Guest guest

I agree with serving healthy foods to kids and then letting them have the freedom to indulge in them. I belive that the closer a food is to the ground, the better it probably is for us. I keep a selection of fresh and frozen fruit available and ready to eat. My daughter loves frozen strawberries for dessert and/or a snack and thinks cantalope is a great breakfast. Canned vegetarian baked beans with a microwaved potato cut into quarters is a dinner she enjoys. I worry that the only two green foods she eats are green beans and green Ketchup but I make sure she gets a vitamins to help keep things in balance.

Guest guest

Yum, do you have recipes for your smoothies?

:)

Brenda

-

rwhitt1212

Thursday, March 07, 2002 9:28 AM

Re: kids and vegetarianism

Have you tried frozen grapes, we think they taste like grape popcicles, or frozen peas, we pop them We do the grapes too! Especially in the summer. The kids love um. When I do salads I use cold peas many times to add some nutritional value. With a little salad dressing the kids hardly notice but then again mine love peas. Speaking of frozen... Smoothies! Kids love them. I make them many times for the kids. I have even added tiny bits of dates for added sweetness. We like Strawberry and I make them with honey and protein powder and a little milk or yogurt. I sometimes add a banana. Yum, think I'll have to go fix one. Robin contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

You said your daughter likes frozen strawberries? Have you tried frozen grapes, we think they taste like grape popcicles, or frozen peas, we pop them into our mouths frozen and call them "baby aliens"!

Guest guest

I know you aren't asking me, but I thought I would give you MY recipe for smoothies. I use frozen straberries, bananas, cut up and frozen, and canned pears. My smoothies turn out thick and fruity, but not too sweet. I don't like very sweet smoothies, personally.

Rachael

Brenda

-

rwhitt1212

Have you tried frozen grapes, we think they taste like grape popcicles, or frozen peas, we pop them We do the grapes too! Especially in the summer. The kids love um. When I do salads I use cold peas many times to add some nutritional value. With a little salad dressing the kids hardly notice but then again mine love peas. Speaking of frozen... Smoothies! Kids love them. I make them many times for the kids. I have even added tiny bits of dates for added sweetness. We like Strawberry and I make them with honey and protein powder and a little milk or yogurt. I sometimes add a banana. Yum, think I'll have to go fix one. Robin contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Oh thank you, that sounds good. :)

-

Rachael Young

Thursday, March 07, 2002 2:46 PM

I know you aren't asking me, but I thought I would give you MY recipe for smoothies. I use frozen straberries, bananas, cut up and frozen, and canned pears. My smoothies turn out thick and fruity, but not too sweet. I don't like very sweet smoothies, personally.

Rachael

Brenda

-

rwhitt1212

Guest guest

Hi!

Just a quick point here... I have heard that the nutrients from some veggies are better absorbed by the body when eaten in a cooked form. Carrots and mushrooms come to mind, but I'll have to search around for where I saw the info. I'll let you know if I ever find it!

Liz

rwhitt1212 [rwhitt1212]Wednesday, March 06, 2002 04:03 Subject: Re: kids and vegetarianismIn a message dated 03/06/2002 12:10:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, catcuddlez writes:

.. IMO, raw fruit and veg are the best place to get vitamins from, so providing a wide range I agree that a wide variety of fresh veggies and fruit are the best place to start along with fresh clean water. It's just my opinion that in today's world I feel the soil has been depleted of many of it's nutritional values and alot of it has been replaced with artificial or harmful nutrients and chemicals. Organic isn't always an option for some of us. I use supplementation as an insurance so to speak. Mother Nature has given us a wonderful buffet upon to feast but Man has taken it's toll. Wishing you wellness, Robin contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

I mostly just sit back and enjoy reading the information shared. I agree

with the raw veggies and raw fruit. All in our family are vegan. Please

excuse my ignorance, but what is IMO?

NJ

>rwhitt1212

>

>

>Re: kids and vegetarianism

>Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:02:49 EST

>

>In a message dated 03/06/2002 12:10:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,

>catcuddlez writes:

>

>

> > . IMO, raw fruit and veg are the

> > best place to get vitamins from, so providing a wide range

> >

>

>I agree that a wide variety of fresh veggies and fruit are the best place

>to

>start along with fresh clean water. It's just my opinion that in today's

>world I feel the soil has been depleted of many of it's nutritional values

>and alot of it has been replaced with artificial or harmful nutrients and

>chemicals. Organic isn't always an option for some of us. I use

>supplementation as an insurance so to speak. Mother Nature has given us a

>wonderful buffet upon to feast but Man has taken it's toll.

>Wishing you wellness, Robin

Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

http://www.hotmail.com

Guest guest

It means "in my opinion"

Rakinanandaa

----

Saturday, March 09, 2002 09:29:34 AM

I mostly just sit back and enjoy reading the information shared. I agree with the raw veggies and raw fruit. All in our family are vegan. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is IMO?NJ>rwhitt1212 > >Re: kids and vegetarianism>Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:02:49 EST>>In a message dated 03/06/2002 12:10:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,>catcuddlez writes:>>> > . IMO, raw fruit and veg are the> > best place to get vitamins from, so providing a wide range> >>>I agree that a wide variety of fresh veggies and fruit are the best place >to>start along with fresh clean water. It's just my opinion that in today's>world I feel the soil has been depleted of many of it's nutritional values>and alot of it has been replaced with artificial or harmful nutrients and>chemicals. Organic isn't always an option for some of us. I use>supplementation as an insurance so to speak. Mother Nature has given us a>wonderful buffet upon to feast but Man has taken it's toll.>Wishing you wellness, Robin_______________Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com