IndiaDivine.org

meat-free cutlets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I found something in the freezer section that I'd not seen before:

brand name is Quorn. They are meat-free cutlets with garlic and

herb. They are similar to chicken breast in texture and tasted ok.

There are 2 to a box and I got them for $2.99 (new item sale price,

I think.)

I'm in the Seattle area and found them at Fred Meyers.

Max

Guest guest

Please, several people on this list are sending emails with viruses on them. Run your virus protection software if you haven't recently, or get some if you don't!

Thanks, much appreciated!

-

rpa1960

Saturday, June 15, 2002 5:43 PM

meat-free cutlets

Hi,I found something in the freezer section that I'd not seen before: brand name is Quorn. They are meat-free cutlets with garlic and herb. They are similar to chicken breast in texture and tasted ok. There are 2 to a box and I got them for $2.99 (new item sale price, I think.)I'm in the Seattle area and found them at Fred Meyers.Maxcontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

I am in the Seattle area as well (Kent) and haven't found them at the Fred Meyer I go to. Where are you at? I've been wanting to try these.

Becky

-

rpa1960

Saturday, June 15, 2002 2:43 PM

meat-free cutlets

Hi,I found something in the freezer section that I'd not seen before: brand name is Quorn. They are meat-free cutlets with garlic and herb. They are similar to chicken breast in texture and tasted ok. There are 2 to a box and I got them for $2.99 (new item sale price, I think.)I'm in the Seattle area and found them at Fred Meyers.Maxcontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Quorn is big overseas, especially the UK, but it's only recently starting to come to the U.S. It just showed up in a local health food supermarket I shop at not too long ago. Quorn is made with mushrooms, a tad different compared to other soy/wheat gluten based meat subs. I really love the chicken chunks. I sautee them & mix them in an "alfredo" sauce for "chicken" alfredo. It goes really good with lemon-pepper pasta.

Megan

-

Bob & Becky

Sunday, June 16, 2002 8:04 AM

Re: meat-free cutlets

I am in the Seattle area as well (Kent) and haven't found them at the Fred Meyer I go to. Where are you at? I've been wanting to try these.

Becky

-

rpa1960

Saturday, June 15, 2002 2:43 PM

meat-free cutlets

Guest guest

Hi,

I worked today so just got your question. The Fred Meyer is just

north of Bothell at Thrasher's Corner on the Bothell Everett

Highway. They have a frozen food section near the health foods in

addition to one in the regular food area. I think I found it in the

health food one but I can look again in the next day or so and let

you know before you come north. Usually if one Fred Meyer has

something another one can get it.

I didn't read the ingredients, just the protein and sodium content.

I had heard that the UK had a different protein source out there but

hadn't realized it had made it here.

Max

, " Bob & Becky " <windy1002@a...> wrote:

> I am in the Seattle area as well (Kent) and haven't found them at

the Fred Meyer I go to. Where are you at? I've been wanting to try

these.

>

> Becky

>