Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is this summer squash?

-

Shara Chilcoat

Monday, July 15, 2002 7:27 AM

easy squash casserol

Our garden is brimming over and I thought I would share my favorite squash casserole recipe. (this is lacto ovo) Not a crockpot recipe, but an easy pop it in the oven and let it cook.

2 cups cooked squash

3/4 stick of butter or margarine

2 eggs

1 tsp pepper + salt to taste

1 cup chopped onions

1 cup shredded cheese

1 cup milk

2 cups cracker crumbs

Mash the squash. Add all ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased 1 quart casserole dish. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.

This is what I do:

I cook a large batch of squash with onions. I season them to suit my taste and freeze them in 2 to 3 cup sized servings.

I thaw them overnight in the frig and then mix casserole next evening. Very good and it gives me a taste of summer in winter.

This works well with combinations too. I've combined white squash, yellow crookneck squash, zucchini and shredded carrot for a great casserole.

I use whatever cheese I have on hand.

Sharacontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Yes, yellow crookneck. But I also use white squash, and zucchini mixed in.

-

Becky

Monday, July 15, 2002 9:03 PM

Re: easy squash casserol

Is this summer squash?

-

Shara Chilcoat

Monday, July 15, 2002 7:27 AM

easy squash casserol

Our garden is brimming over and I thought I would share my favorite squash casserole recipe. (this is lacto ovo) Not a crockpot recipe, but an easy pop it in the oven and let it cook.

2 cups cooked squash

3/4 stick of butter or margarine

2 eggs

1 tsp pepper + salt to taste

1 cup chopped onions

1 cup shredded cheese

1 cup milk

2 cups cracker crumbs

Mash the squash. Add all ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased 1 quart casserole dish. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.

This is what I do:

I cook a large batch of squash with onions. I season them to suit my taste and freeze them in 2 to 3 cup sized servings.

I thaw them overnight in the frig and then mix casserole next evening. Very good and it gives me a taste of summer in winter.

This works well with combinations too. I've combined white squash, yellow crookneck squash, zucchini and shredded carrot for a great casserole.

I use whatever cheese I have on hand.

Sharacontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list