IndiaDivine.org

Jane's Veggie Hash

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

on 7/20/02 12:53 PM, at wrote:

> I had many small pieces of veggies left over and decided to make a veggie hash

> last night. Started with potato cubes and onions, then added: zucchini,

> yellow squash, green beans, corn, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms. I added

> salt and pepper and garlic but it needed more flavoring.

> Do any of you make a hash and what do you add to season it?

Hello Jane!

Your hash sounds wonderful -- it has all my favorite veggies in it! Here's what I love to use to spice up just about anything I cook: " Golden Mountain Flavor Sauce " from Thailand.

I love Asian markets, and several years ago I was looking for a more flavorful soy sauce to use in my cooking and by chance I found this one; I use it ALL the time -- with noodles, veggies, scrambled eggs, etc. -- and it always seems to be " just right " . If you can find it where you live it might be just the ticket to jazz up your veggie hash.

Another suggestion: One of my very favorite seasonings is salsa. If I'm too lazy to make my own from scratch, I buy preservative-free salsa from the supermarket and throw that into anything that strikes my fancy. For example, I adore lima beans and tonight for dinner I cooked up some frozen limas, then added several tablespoons of salsa and just barely warmed it up -- don't bring it to a boil! Simmering fresh salsa (or even salsa in a jar), as you know, will ruin its distinctive taste.

I hope some of this helps!

Yvette

Guest guest

Careful with the liquid smoke. A little goes a LONG ways. I dropped and broke a bottle in my kitchen once - smelled like a campfire for days!

-

twoslim

Sunday, July 21, 2002 12:46 PM

Re: Re: Jane's Veggie Hash

Wow, I'm impressed with all the suggestions offered for my veggie hash! I have ALL the ingredients suggested

Bay Leaf

G. Washington's seasoning

Liquid Smoke

in my cabinets, (excepts Yvette's Asian sauce, sounds yummy too).

I'm going to try again, this time I'm adding chopped eggplant that I've grown.

My biggest problem with veg cooking is that I don't know what to season with.

thanks janecontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Wow, I'm impressed with all the suggestions offered for my veggie hash! I have ALL the ingredients suggested

Bay Leaf

G. Washington's seasoning

Liquid Smoke

in my cabinets, (excepts Yvette's Asian sauce, sounds yummy too).

I'm going to try again, this time I'm adding chopped eggplant that I've grown.

My biggest problem with veg cooking is that I don't know what to season with.

thanks jane