IndiaDivine.org

antibacterial soap

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A word on anything antibacterial. Don't use it! I'm a scientist and the sale of antibacterial soap is a scam and a bad one. They put in an old and common antibacterial agent so they can claim this going on the theory that people are scared of germs and will buy it over normal soap. What really happens is that soap all on its own kills bacteria and viruses by disrupting the cell membranes, thus killing the cells. So, if you wash your hands for 30 seconds a time (as long as it takes to sing happy birthday song), you kill the bacteria anyways without the addtional agents. All the antibiotics do is breed super bacteria that are resistanct to this and similar antibiotics. Think antibiotic resistant infections. And true, the bacteria in your sink probably aren't the bacteria killing folks, but they do swap spit. OK, so bacteria aren't sexual critters, true, but they do have lateral transmission and bacteria found thousands of miles away from paranoid human have been found that are resistant to common drugs. So, please, ditch the fancy stuff and rely on basic, cheaper and more environmentally friendly soaps for your hands and dishes, for the sake of the sick people and critters... please

Genie

HotJobs, a service - Search Thousands of New Jobs

, genie bottle <geniesflower> wrote:

>

> A word on anything antibacterial. Don't use it! ...

All the antibiotics do is breed super bacteria that are resistanct to this and

similar antibiotics. Think antibiotic resistant infections. So, please, ditch

the fancy stuff and rely on basic, cheaper and more environmentally friendly

soaps for your hands and dishes, for the sake of the sick people and

critters... please

> Genie

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Excellent advice, Genie. I especially liked the part about singing a happy tune

whilst I wash my hands; think I'll pass on the 'happy b-day song' though.

Any better suggestions? *lol*

~ P_T ~

, " patchouli_troll "

<patchouli_troll> wrote:

> Excellent advice, Genie. I especially liked the part about singing

a happy tune

> whilst I wash my hands; think I'll pass on the 'happy b-day song'

though.

> Any better suggestions? *lol*

>

> ~ P_T ~

But wouldn't that be a great song for kids to sing while washing?

:-) Max

, " rpa1960 " <rpa1960> wrote:

> But wouldn't that be a great song for kids to sing while washing?

> :-) Max

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your kids wash?! *lol*

~ P_T ~

In a message dated 08/15/2002 5:23:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, geniesflower writes:

, for the sake of the sick people and critters... please

So, I assume it's safe to say that it destroys the natural skin mantel?

I'm glad someone else thinks those germ killer things are not a good idea. Our kids just went back to school and on the very long list of things we had to send it was anti bacterial soap and Clorox wipes! It cost me about $150 to buy the things just two of my kids needed for school this year. And by the way...I sent in Shaklee Meadowblend soap, baby wipes made with the Shaklee baby bath and I sent a bottle of the Basic G with a spray bottle. I really don't like the idea of my kids breathing all those chemicals in the rooms either. I sent in my share just maybe it's not as harmful. Robin

I am not a scientist or anything but I have firmly believed for some time that the failure to expose children to normal day-to-day bacteria stops them from fully developing their natural immune systems.

I wonder if that is part of the reason why diseases such as asthma may by growing.

Ron...

Genie wrote:

A word on anything antibacterial. Don't use it! I'm a scientist and the sale of antibacterial soap is a scam and a bad one.