IndiaDivine.org

My Introduction- To PT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am interested in this as well. I have always said that I would raise my children vegetarian, but I've gotten much opposition from others. They feel that it's not right, but I just can't see myself preparing meat stuff for my children when I don't eat it myself.

What do you think?

Ri

In a message dated 10/23/2002 9:51:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, boomothergoose writes:

Hi PT- At the risk of being nosey....<<I am a vegetarian, but my husband and children are not.>> I am just curious as to how old your children are and is being a vegetarian something you have tried to encourage with them or do you let them make their own decisions in regard to this?? With kindness,

Hi PT- At the risk of being nosey....<<I am a vegetarian, but my husband and children are not.>>

I am just curious as to how old your children are and is being a vegetarian something you have tried to encourage with them or do you let them make their own decisions in regard to this??

With kindness,

Beth

~ P_T ~ <patchouli_troll wrote:

, "Keely :\)" <me@k...> wrote:> Hi. I am new to your group. I am actually not a vegetarian, and I hope that it is okay that I stay in the group. The reason I am here is that I truly can't stand the touch of raw meat on my hands *Yuck* and refuse to cook much meat at home. I am very interested in finding more vegetarian recipes.~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Hi Keely. I am very much the same in this regard. I loath touching raw meat!*shudder* I am a vegetarian, but my husband and children are not. I make him handle the meat. The other night I fixed chicken stir fry and they had real chicken in theirs and I used Quorn brand chicken cutlets in mine. I couldn't even touch the chicken to cut it up, so he had to do it. I was so grossed out; bad enough I had to cook the stuff. Most days I don't and they eat vegetarian with me.... but once in a while.... yuck. *lol*Anyway, welcome to the group. The regular posters here are all nice and welcoming to anyone interested in vegetarian cooking.*s*~ P_T ~/In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time. -Leonardo da Vinci, painter, engineer, musician, and scientist (1452-1519)contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Oooppppss! Sorry. :~( I just sent that last post to the group without spell checking! Never a good idea for me!! LOL

With kindness

Beth

~ P_T ~ <patchouli_troll wrote:

, "Keely :\)" <me@k...> wrote:> Hi. I am new to your group. I am actually not a vegetarian, and I hope that it is okay that I stay in the group. The reason I am here is that I truly can't stand the touch of raw meat on my hands *Yuck* and refuse to cook much meat at home. I am very interested in finding more vegetarian recipes.~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Hi Keely. I am very much the same in this regard. I loath touching raw meat!*shudder* I am a vegetarian, but my husband and children are not. I make him handle the meat. The other night I fixed chicken stir fry and they had real chicken in theirs and I used Quorn brand chicken cutlets in mine. I couldn't even touch the chicken to cut it up, so he had to do it. I was so grossed out; bad enough I had to cook the stuff. Most days I don't and they eat vegetarian with me.... but once in a while.... yuck. *lol*Anyway, welcome to the group. The regular posters here are all nice and welcoming to anyone interested in vegetarian cooking.*s*~ P_T ~/In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time. -Leonardo da Vinci, painter, engineer, musician, and scientist (1452-1519)contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

At 09:56 PM 10/23/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I am interested in this as well. I have always said that I would raise my

>children vegetarian, but I've gotten much opposition from others. They

>feel that it's not right, but I just can't see myself preparing meat stuff

>for my children when I don't eat it myself.

Personally, I generally don't make meat at home. If we go out and they

want meat, they can have it. Of course, they've already decided that

veggie burgers are better than beef burgers...

Katy (w/ three-year old sons)

" Of course, they've already decided that veggie burgers are better than beef

burgers... "

I agree, I can do without those mystery nugget thingys in beef burgers.

Morning Star Grillers all the way!!

Cheers,

Shawn.

" If, at first, you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment. "

>Kathryn Carpman <kcarp

>

>

>Re: Re: My Introduction- To PT

>Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:58:23 -0500

>

>At 09:56 PM 10/23/02 -0400, you wrote:

> >I am interested in this as well. I have always said that I would raise

>my

> >children vegetarian, but I've gotten much opposition from others. TheyOf

>course, they've already decided that

>veggie burgers are better than beef burgers...

>

> >feel that it's not right, but I just can't see myself preparing meat

>stuff

> >for my children when I don't eat it myself.

>

>

>Personally, I generally don't make meat at home. If we go out and they

>want meat, they can have it. >Katy (w/ three-year old sons)

>

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.

http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp