IndiaDivine.org

Jennifer's Vegetarian Sandwich

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok guys. humor me here! :~) My 13 year old daughter, who is very aware of the group here, has invented her own version of a vegetarian sandwich and was thrilled when I suggest "the group" might want her recipe. It sounds sort of strange, but was actually very tasty and beats the same old same old veggie sandwich. (Which are pretty limited anyway!) Give it a try!

Jennifer's Vegetarian Sandwich-

According to Jennifer "the bread is what makes are breaks this sandwich." So, make sure its fresh, soft and a hoggie type bun.

Spread a lite Italian dressing on bottom and top half of buns. (Only enough to soak in- NOT sopping.)

Layer with:

lettuce, thin cucumber slices, thin mushroom slices, and top with bean or alfalfa sprouts. Top with provolone cheese and sprinkle a dusting of ground flaxseed for your daily dose of good ole' Omega 3 and Fiber. (Is she her mother's daughter or what?!)

Sprinkle just a dab more of the dressing on top of the cheese and slightly toast in the oven enough to melt cheese.

Its actually pretty good!

With kindness,

Beth

U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley videos from Greatest Hits CD

This sounds great and refreshing. I've got a question about that flaxseed

oil. My Mom gave me a bottle and it has been sitting in my refrigerator

untouched (I'm kinda afraid). What does the oil taste like, if I may ask?

Also, what exactly do you do with it? Thanks for any help.

Shawn

" If, at first, you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment. "

>Beth Skeen <boomothergoose

>

>

>Re: Jennifer's Vegetarian Sandwich

>Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:01:40 -0800 (PST)

>

>

>Ok guys. humor me here! :~) My 13 year old daughter, who is very aware of

>the group here, has invented her own version of a vegetarian sandwich and

>was thrilled when I suggest " the group " might want her recipe. It sounds

>sort of strange, but was actually very tasty and beats the same old same

>old veggie sandwich. (Which are pretty limited anyway!) Give it a try!

>

>Jennifer's Vegetarian Sandwich-

>

>According to Jennifer " the bread is what makes are breaks this sandwich. "

>So, make sure its fresh, soft and a hoggie type bun.

>

>Spread a lite Italian dressing on bottom and top half of buns. (Only enough

>to soak in- NOT sopping.)

>

>Layer with:

>

>lettuce, thin cucumber slices, thin mushroom slices, and top with bean or

>alfalfa sprouts. Top with provolone cheese and sprinkle a dusting of ground

>flaxseed for your daily dose of good ole' Omega 3 and Fiber. (Is she her

>mother's daughter or what?!)

>

>Sprinkle just a dab more of the dressing on top of the cheese and slightly

>toast in the oven enough to melt cheese.

>

>Its actually pretty good!

>

>

>

>With kindness,

>

>Beth

>

>

>

>

>

>U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

Hi Shawn, I go by "Dr. Weils 8 weeks to Optimum Health" schedule, and although he does not specifically say no to flaxseed oil, if you don't eat fish he does HIGHLY recommend the ground as you can get more of the good stuff from it and thats the next best source of Omega 3 other than fish. (I have also heard the less ground flaxseed does not digest as easy in the body so it goes right through you and you don't get the same effect.) Be careful of any oil outside the fridge (Olive, etc.)as they do go bad and are extremely unhealthy. On exposure to air, the fats oxidize. YUCK! I went back over the book and he really does not say anything about Flaxseed oil (He does not really recommend Fish oil in capsules.) and I normally take a Flaxseed oil pill in with my other vitamins. If its been in the Fridge it should be ok but I would not know how to smell the oil to see if it were bad (Like you can Olive Oil, Canalo, etc.) so look for a date. If you can't find one you better go on the side of caution and throw it out. With kindness, Beth "MatriXeno ." <matrixeno wrote: This sounds great and refreshing. I've got a question about that flaxseed oil. My Mom gave me a bottle and it has been sitting in my refrigerator untouched (I'm kinda afraid). What does the oil taste like, if I may ask? Also, what exactly do you do with it? Thanks for any help.Shawn"If, at first, you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.">Beth Skeen <boomothergoose> > >Re: Jennifer's Vegetarian Sandwich>Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:01:40 -0800 (PST)>>>Ok guys. humor me here! :~) My 13 year old daughter, who is very aware of >the group here, has invented her own version of a vegetarian sandwich and >was thrilled when I suggest "the group" might want her recipe. It sounds >sort of strange, but was actually very tasty and beats the same old same >old veggie sandwich. (Which are pretty limited anyway!) Give it a try!>>Jennifer's Vegetarian Sandwich->>According to Jennifer "the bread is what makes are breaks this sandwich." >So, make sure its fresh, soft and a hoggie type bun.>>Spread a lite Italian dressing on bottom and top half of buns. (Only enough >to soak in- NOT sopping.)>>Layer with:>>lettuce, thin cucumber slices, thin mushroom slices, and top with bean or >alfalfa sprouts. Top with provolone cheese and sprinkle a dusting of ground >flaxseed for your daily dose of good ole' Omega 3 and Fiber. (Is she her >mother's daughter or what?!)>>Sprinkle just a dab more of the dressing on top of the cheese and slightly >toast in the oven enough to melt cheese.>>Its actually pretty good!>>>>With kindness,>>Beth>>>>>>U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD_______________MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/viruscontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

That's so funny!!..and it does sound yummy...I make one almost just like it!!...I use a hearty multi-grain bread...add muenster,banana pepper rings,mushrooms, olives, lettuce,tomato, pickles,oil and vinegar,and top it off with a dusting of nutritional yeast flakes...

These things are great!!

*Chana*