IndiaDivine.org

flax oil & seed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I've bought flax oil and seeds also. In 4-5 days after opening the bottle, the oil tasted like paint.. Is that ok? That happened although I refrigerated the bottle after opening. Anyway the weirdest thing is that I found 2 types of flax seeds.. One is brown and one almost white.. The white type had paint taste although it was few months old and safely packed. The warranty was like for one year.. I am a little confused. Should I still use flax which tastes like paint?.. Any idea?

Does anyone know if hemp oil has to meet certain production procedures in order to be used? like the flax oil which has to be cold pressed..

Thx,

..:Marius Vasilescu:.--- Just a geek ----ICQ <<117083107>>YM <<hypnosinblue>>Undernet <<nickname: ^Hypnos^ on #corrs>>

Hi Thx,

I always keep brown flax seed on hand and have not had a problem. I

have never bought the oil. I do know that when I grind the seeds they

smell good, taste good, and make me feel good. I would pass on

something that smells like paint! ;]

" Vasilescu Marius-Cristian " <hypnos@b...> wrote:

> Hi,

>

> I've bought flax oil and seeds also. In 4-5 days after opening the

bottle, the oil tasted like paint.. Is that ok? That happened

although I refrigerated the bottle after opening. Anyway the weirdest

thing is that I found 2 types of flax seeds.. One is brown and one

almost white.. The white type had paint taste although it was few

months old and safely packed. The warranty was like for one year.. I

am a little confused. Should I still use flax which tastes like

paint?.. Any idea?

> Does anyone know if hemp oil has to meet certain production

procedures in order to be used? like the flax oil which has to be

cold pressed..

>

> Thx,

>

> .:Marius Vasilescu:.

> --- Just a geek ----

> ICQ <<117083107>>

> YM <<hypnosinblue>>

> Undernet <<nickname: ^Hypnos^ on #corrs>>

How strange that your flax oil tasted like paint! Mine has never tasted like that to me, but I drink it mixed with juice. I also grind up the seeds in a blender. Still, those haven't tasted like that to me either. They don't taste great, but not like paint. I wouldn't eat them just in case. Want brand of oil are you using? I use Spectrum I think. I'm not sure about the standards with hemp oil though.

Vasilescu Marius-Cristian <hypnos wrote:

Hi,

I've bought flax oil and seeds also. In 4-5 days after opening the bottle, the oil tasted like paint.. Is that ok? That happened although I refrigerated the bottle after opening. Anyway the weirdest thing is that I found 2 types of flax seeds.. One is brown and one almost white.. The white type had paint taste although it was few months old and safely packed. The warranty was like for one year.. I am a little confused. Should I still use flax which tastes like paint?.. Any idea?

Does anyone know if hemp oil has to meet certain production procedures in order to be used? like the flax oil which has to be cold pressed..

Thx,

..:Marius Vasilescu:.--- Just a geek ----ICQ <<117083107>>YM <<hypnosinblue>>Undernet <<nickname: ^Hypnos^ on #corrs>>contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

There is only one brand in Romania.. It's just cold-pressed flax oil from Hungary.

And btw, my name is not "thx", thx is the shortcut from thanks:)

Some horrifying facts on greenwashing : http://www.peta.org/feat/greenwash/

..:Marius Vasilescu:.--- Just a geek ----ICQ <<117083107>>YM <<hypnosinblue>>Undernet <<nickname: ^Hypnos^ on #corrs>>

-

Suzanne De Gregorio

Monday, December 09, 2002 3:10 AM

Re: flax oil & seed

How strange that your flax oil tasted like paint! Mine has never tasted like that to me, but I drink it mixed with juice. I also grind up the seeds in a blender. Still, those haven't tasted like that to me either. They don't taste great, but not like paint. I wouldn't eat them just in case. Want brand of oil are you using? I use Spectrum I think. I'm not sure about the standards with hemp oil though. Vasilescu Marius-Cristian <hypnos wrote:

Hi,

Thx,

..:Marius Vasilescu:.--- Just a geek ----ICQ <<117083107>>YM <<hypnosinblue>>Undernet <<nickname: ^Hypnos^ on #corrs>>contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list