IndiaDivine.org

Christmas has come & gone.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

And I'm still here to tell about it. Heehee. I hope

everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I didn't serve

turkey and it seemed that no one missed it. :) I'm

glad too. sure made it easier not to clean up.

Welcome to the group wolfie. I hope you have fun here

and enjoy talking to us all. I'm Jeanne alias JC.

I would probably do the moderating in this group but

I'm not online during the day and I can't take a lot

of emails. I don't have the energy or health to do it.

Oh well I hope that someone will be able to. Guess it

is something that one will have to live with or

ignore. Do take care now everyone and have a great day

today.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

=====

--FEATURED FUNNIES: " Close the curtains, " requested our 3 year old

granddaughter, sitting in a pool of bright light. " The sun's looking at me too

hard. "

--What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.

--What do snowmen eat for breakfast? Snowflakes.

Post your free ad now! http://personals..ca

I'm going to jump in here. We are not totally veggies yet but are heading that way. After Christmas and all the food I find that I just can't stand to eat junk foods (especially fried heavy things) or meat. My stepmother works at HoneyBaked and always sends us a gift cert. for the holidays. When I ask her for maybe another choice her standard reply is "a little meat won't hurt you or the kids." I end up taking it along with some other better choices to dinners at other meat eating homes. I'm always on the lookout for recipes that meat eating folks won't miss the meat in and will impress them so if ya'll have any please pass them along. Right now I'm running low on ideas. Thanks! Robin in NC

well, I gotta tell you, I am personally getting tired of mashed potatoes, overboiled cauliflowers, and scalloped potatoes... since my various family members find it neccesary to put little bits of animals into all the other dishes they cook!!! Also getting tired of explaining that I am not going to force my children to eat the meat items because they didn't think a bit... didn't even get to eat my favorite "bean-beans" (green beans). But, as you so wisely put it, I'm still here to tell about it and my children did not explode (or, as threatened, waste away!) and we all went home for some delicious crudites after the big gatherings! We got some of those morningstar pretend bacon to put into the bean-beans, any other opinions would be welcome, since we haven't used this product before.

-dawn

"Jeanne C. Reiswig" <r5c2j wrote:

And I'm still here to tell about it. Heehee. I hopeeveryone had a wonderful Christmas. I didn't serveturkey and it seemed that no one missed it. :) I'mglad too. sure made it easier not to clean up.

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

Hi Dawn,You might chop up some of your "bacon" and chop up some onions, toss them into a heated frying pan and toss in the beans. Let all that cook until the beans are a bit blackened. Toss in a little salt and pepper too if you want. Learned this one from a dear friend of mine. They're soooo delicious this way.Lori :-)

>dawn pattison-rak

> > >Re: Christmas has come & gone. >Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:54:55 -0800 (PST) > > >well, I gotta tell you, I am personally getting tired of mashed potatoes, overboiled cauliflowers, and scalloped potatoes... since my various family members find it neccesary to put little bits of animals into all the other dishes they cook!!! Also getting tired of explaining that I am not going to force my children to eat the meat items because they didn't think a bit... didn't even get to eat my favorite "bean-beans" (green beans). But, as you so wisely put it, I'm still here to tell about it and my children did not explode (or, as threatened, waste away!) and we all went home for some delicious crudites after the big gatherings! >We got some of those morningstar pretend bacon to put into the bean-beans, any other opinions would be welcome, since we haven't used this product before. >-dawn > "Jeanne C. Reiswig" wrote:And I'm still here to tell about it. Heehee. I hope >everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I didn't serve >turkey and it seemed that no one missed it. :) I'm >glad too. sure made it easier not to clean up. > > > > > > > > Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now 3 months FREE*.

Hello

All the stuff I try that is supposed to be a substitute usually tastes gross I think they should stop trying to put that meat taste in.

I make veggie burgers with mashed up beans then cook them like burgers.

I am a veggie sometimes and sometimes not I do eat turkey.

Here is a idea for the Holidays that works for us.

Make a really good veggie dish and bring it! My meat eating relatives love to try things and usually end up eating all of what I bring and want the recipe.!!!

Liz acraftycat Bisbee Az

dawn pattison-rak <skgpeace wrote:

well, I gotta tell you, I am personally getting tired of mashed potatoes, overboiled cauliflowers, and scalloped potatoes... since my various family members find it neccesary to put little bits of animals into all the other dishes they cook!!! Also getting tired of explaining that I am not going to force my children to eat the meat items because they didn't think a bit... didn't even get to eat my favorite "bean-beans" (green beans). But, as you so wisely put it, I'm still here to tell about it and my children did not explode (or, as threatened, waste away!) and we all went home for some delicious crudites after the big gatherings! We got some of those morningstar pretend bacon to put into the bean-beans, any other opinions would be welcome, since we haven't used this product before. -dawn "Jeanne C. Reiswig" <r5c2j wrote: And I'm still here to tell about it. Heehee. I hopeeveryone had a wonderful Christmas. I didn't serveturkey and it seemed that no one missed it. :) I'mglad too. sure made it easier not to clean up.

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

In a message dated 12/27/2002 6:51:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, rpa1960 writes:

Also have you asked your stepmom if she gives candy to diabetics because "a little sugar won't hurt..."? (Sorry, but her lack of

Ahhh, but my stepmothers answer would be something like "diabetes is an illness or medical condition worthy of treatment and yours is just a choice to be different or difficult." But everyone knows of the people or person who just doesn't get it and refuse to educate themselves. Robin in NC

In a message dated 12/27/2002 8:44:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, rpa1960 writes:

I was always "different and difficult".

me too and plan to stay that way! LOL!!! Robin in NC

A few years ago I worked at a privately owned nursing home. The

owner gave each of us gift certificates for turkey at a local

supermarket. I explained to the manager that I did not eat meat and

he let me use it for an equivalent dollar amount of food. Don't

know if that will work for you but you might try.

Also have you asked your stepmom if she gives candy to diabetics

because " a little sugar won't hurt... " ? (Sorry, but her lack of

sensitivity would really bug me.)

Another suggestion for gifts of meat is the Union Gospel Mission.

Most cities have one and they were thrilled to take all the meat

from my freezer when I stopped eating it.

Have a cheery new year.

Max

, rwhitt1212@a... wrote:

> My stepmother works at HoneyBaked and always sends us a gift cert.

for the

> holidays. When I ask her for maybe another choice her standard

reply is " a

> little meat won't hurt you or the kids. " Robin in NC

So does a person who choses to not eat candy because they don't want

the extra calories fall under disease or just being difficult? (I'm

teasing :-)) I was always " different and difficult " .

Max

, rwhitt1212@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 12/27/2002 6:51:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> rpa1960 writes:

>

>

> > Also have you asked your stepmom if she gives candy to diabetics

> > because " a little sugar won't hurt... " ? (Sorry, but her lack of

> >

>

> Ahhh, but my stepmothers answer would be something like " diabetes

is an

> illness or medical condition worthy of treatment and yours is just

a choice

> to be different or difficult. " But everyone knows of the people or

person who

> just doesn't get it and refuse to educate themselves.

> Robin in NC

so... what kind of beans do you use? are they already cooked so that you can "play" with them? I agree about the subs that are too much like meat, although I must say that when something feels good in your mouth, the taste almost doesn't matter... if it's a good taste! If something smells too much like meat, tho, it usually doesn't make it all the way to the tasting stage. (The kids love these subs!)

-dawn

acraftycat <acraftycat wrote:

Hello All the stuff I try that is supposed to be a substitute usually tastes gross I think they should stop trying to put that meat taste in. I make veggie burgers with mashed up beans then cook them like burgers. I am a veggie sometimes and sometimes not I do eat turkey. Here is a idea for the Holidays that works for us. Make a really good veggie dish and bring it! My meat eating relatives love to try things and usually end up eating all of what I bring and want the recipe.!!! Liz acraftycat Bisbee Az

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now