IndiaDivine.org

smuggling food on airplane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in

case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports

check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?

(I'm not a frequent flyer, so forgive me if my questions are

idiotic...)

Rose

I've traveled a lot since 9/11 (including 9/25). I always bring a bag of

pretzels and crackers. That's about all I bring for emergencies. Security

has been different every time. The first time out of Newark was very

strict. The next time, I checked at the curb. All carry-ons are put

through the x-ray same as always. If you beep you might be taken off to the

side for more scrutiny. My husband had to take off his belt and shoes. I

just went to SF 3 weeks ago out of JFK in NYC and it was fine.

Laura

> I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in

> case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports

> check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?

I was flying to Ireland from LA on 9/11. I just landed in Ireland when the towers where hit. I nearly missed my plane in LA and only had $2 left. just as well I didnt. I have been in planes lots since. You have to when you are in Ireland. Some people fly everyday, to London. Thats why I hope Ireland stays neutral, it feels safer. But then you never do know what will happen.

Anyway, not many flights, Ireland to UK serve meals, and when they do, I think thats why I have trouble. Otherwise, long distance is fine. I just wish they did cereal for breakfast rather then Irish Breakfast with black pudding, rashers, sausages etc.

Tracey

Laura Schauble <schauble wrote:

I've traveled a lot since 9/11 (including 9/25). I always bring a bag ofpretzels and crackers. That's about all I bring for emergencies. Securityhas been different every time. The first time out of Newark was verystrict. The next time, I checked at the curb. All carry-ons are putthrough the x-ray same as always. If you beep you might be taken off to theside for more scrutiny. My husband had to take off his belt and shoes. Ijust went to SF 3 weeks ago out of JFK in NYC and it was fine.Laura> I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in> case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports> check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

I know in Ireland you are not alound to bring food out of the country, so it depends where you are flying to. Food can carry diseases, so thats why you cant. Remember Food and Mouth? That was because an Airline, had bad pork on board and put it into trash. Somehow it spread and 1000's of sheep, cows etc in UK had to be killed. Luckily we only had one case in Ireland, because we canceled everything, even St.Patricks Day and had to walk on Disinfectant mats.

That is an extreme case. Fruit, Dairy and meat are not aloud country to country, I'm not sure East coast to West coast of US. It is better to be safe then cause harm to the environment.

"Rose <chopin43" <chopin43 wrote:

I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?(I'm not a frequent flyer, so forgive me if my questions are idiotic...)Rosecontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

The only people who were stopped (that I heard about) were lactating

women carrying breast milk to feed their babies :-(.

I always travel with food but it is always prepackaged like the Luna

bars. We are traveling cross country next month and Delta told me

its ok to carry bottled water.

Max

, " Rose <chopin43@h...> "

<chopin43@h...> wrote:

>

> (I'm not a frequent flyer, so forgive me if my questions are

> idiotic...)

>

> Rose

Is black pudding the same as blood pudding?

" If, at first, you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment. "

" If, at first, you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried. "

" The last four letters in " American " spell out " I Can " . "

" Everything's ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end. "

----Original Message Follows----

Irish Veggie <an_irish_vegetarian

Re: smuggling food on airplane

Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:19:08 -0800 (PST)

I was flying to Ireland from LA on 9/11. I just landed in Ireland when the

towers where hit. I nearly missed my plane in LA and only had $2 left. just

as well I didnt. I have been in planes lots since. You have to when you are

in Ireland. Some people fly everyday, to London. Thats why I hope Ireland

stays neutral, it feels safer. But then you never do know what will happen.

Anyway, not many flights, Ireland to UK serve meals, and when they do, I

think thats why I have trouble. Otherwise, long distance is fine. I just

wish they did cereal for breakfast rather then Irish Breakfast with black

pudding, rashers, sausages etc.

Tracey

Laura Schauble <schauble wrote:I've traveled a lot since

9/11 (including 9/25). I always bring a bag of

pretzels and crackers. That's about all I bring for emergencies. Security

has been different every time. The first time out of Newark was very

strict. The next time, I checked at the curb. All carry-ons are put

through the x-ray same as always. If you beep you might be taken off to the

side for more scrutiny. My husband had to take off his belt and shoes. I

just went to SF 3 weeks ago out of JFK in NYC and it was fine.

Laura

I think so! Black pudding is like a sausage, with blood. You can also get White pudding, also like a sausage, but not sure what else is in there, think its lumps of fat. All sounds disgusting, but if you come to Ireland, (or UK) make sure you dont order a "Full Breakfast". As they are the types of things you get, instead ask for Continetal, and you get your Cereal (musli/weetabix) and orange juice.

Tracey

_- MatrixenO -_ <matrixeno wrote:

Is black pudding the same as blood pudding?"If, at first, you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.""If, at first, you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.""The last four letters in "American" spell out "I Can".""Everything's ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."----Original Message Follows----Irish Veggie <an_irish_vegetarian To: Subject: Re: smuggling food on airplaneWed, 22 Jan 2003 15:19:08 -0800 (PST)I was flying to Ireland from LA on 9/11. I just landed in Ireland when the towers where hit. I nearly missed my plane in LA and only had $2 left. just as well I didnt. I have been in planes lots since. You have to when you are in Ireland. Some people fly everyday, to London. Thats why I hope Ireland stays neutral, it feels safer. But then you never do know what will happen.Anyway, not many flights, Ireland to UK serve meals, and when they do, I think thats why I have trouble. Otherwise, long distance is fine. I just wish they did cereal for breakfast rather then Irish Breakfast with black pudding, rashers, sausages etc.Tracey Laura Schauble <schauble wrote:I've traveled a lot since 9/11 (including 9/25). I always bring a bag ofpretzels and crackers. That's about all I bring for emergencies. Securityhas been different every time. The first time out of Newark was verystrict. The next time, I checked at the curb. All carry-ons are putthrough the x-ray same as always. If you beep you might be taken off to theside for more scrutiny. My husband had to take off his belt and shoes. Ijust went to SF 3 weeks ago out of JFK in NYC and it was fine.Laura> I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in> case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports> check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?

I've flown a number of domestic USA flights since 9/11, taking home made snacks

in my carry on, and there has never been a problem. As long as it passes the

x-ray screening it should be all right as far as I know. I don't know anything

about flights outside the US.

Kris

--- " Rose <chopin43 " <chopin43 wrote:

>

> (I'm not a frequent flyer, so forgive me if my questions are

> idiotic...)

>

> Rose

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.

http://mailplus.

Outside the US you are not allowed dairy, fruit, any "natural" type of product. Sweets are about the only thing you can bring. They are dogs sniffing at your luggage to make sure you dont have these products. I remember a dog started sniffing the bag next to mine and the elderly couple opened the bag, to find an apple. They were taken away by Airport Police. I don't know what happened to them after that. Poor people.

Tracey

Kris <kristc99 wrote:

I've flown a number of domestic USA flights since 9/11, taking home made snacksin my carry on, and there has never been a problem. As long as it passes thex-ray screening it should be all right as far as I know. I don't know anythingabout flights outside the US.Kris--- "Rose <chopin43" <chopin43 wrote:> I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in > case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports > check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?> > (I'm not a frequent flyer, so forgive me if my questions are > idiotic...)> > Rose Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.http://mailplus.contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

http://www.vegparadise.com/airline.html

Try this site for airline vegetarian food !!

I flew with AAir new Zealand a while ago. the meals were great !

-

" Kris " <kristc99

Friday, January 24, 2003 12:36 AM

> I've flown a number of domestic USA flights since 9/11, taking home made

snacks

> in my carry on, and there has never been a problem. As long as it passes

the

> x-ray screening it should be all right as far as I know. I don't know

anything

> about flights outside the US.

>

> Kris

>

> --- " Rose <chopin43 " <chopin43 wrote:

> > I haven't flown since 9/11 and I want to smuggle some food just in

> > case the airplane food is unsuitable. Does security at airports

> > check all your carry ons? And is it okay to bring food?

> >

> > (I'm not a frequent flyer, so forgive me if my questions are

> > idiotic...)

> >

> > Rose

>

>

>

>

> Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.

> http://mailplus.

>

> contact owner: -owner

> Mail list:

> Delivered-mailing list

> List-Un: -

>

> no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowed

> contact owner with complaints regarding posting/list

> or anything else. Thank you.

> please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

>

>

>

>

Irish Veggie <an_irish_vegetarian> wrote:

> Outside the US you are not allowed dairy, fruit, any " natural " type of product. Sweets are about the only thing you can bring. They are dogs sniffing at your luggage to make sure you dont have these products.

Perhaps that’s the case in Ireland, but its certainly not universal. I travel back and forth between the US and Canada all the time (I’m Canadian, and my family still lives there, but I live in the US). I carry food in both directions frequently. My step-mother always loads my suitcase full of home-canned goodies, baking, etc. I also make sure to pick up flour (its made with harder wheat than the US equivalent, and I prefer it for baking bread) and a few other things that I can’t readily get here. The same is true going from the US to Canada – there are always things that friends and relatives want me to bring for them because they aren’t available back home.

I’ve never had a problem. I simply declare everything I’m taking across the border. The only thing I’ve ever been asked is if its for personal consumption.

As far as bringing snacks, I always do – fruit, nuts, cheese, crackers, etc – whatever I think I might want to nosh on during the flight. Again, I’ve never had a problem with this, and no one’s questioned what I carry with me (probably since its obviously for personal consumption on the flight).

Also, I’ve never seen a dog sniffing luggage in an airport I’ve traveled through. I’m not doubting that they exist, but I’d bet its for sniffing out drugs, not apples.

Do you have any cites that suggest that nothing but sweets can be carried outside the US or was that just a guess/rumour?

--

Sherri

" I succeeded by saying what everyone else is thinking. " - Joan Rivers

I can't tell you about the rest of the world, but I do know that bringing food into Australia, as someone suggested earlier, is very problematic. We have _very_ strict quarantine laws. I know someone who had dried banana chips confiscated when they came into Australia from the US.

Lee-Gwen

Because I currently live in France, I travel between Paris and San Francisco a lot. There are strict laws about bringing food into the US. There are dogs sniffing out both bombs and food. And you are only allowed to bring in canned food or alcohol or chocolate, no fruit, veggies, or meat. There are huge signs posted and dogs (in the International terminals of ever US airport I’ve traveled through), and people can be arrested for bringing in these items. On another note, people also aren’t allowed to bring in these items (fruits/veggies) from other States into California (So maybe California is just really extra uptight about their produce).

Going into Europe isn’t a problem at all. I always bring spices, sauces (some homemade/some store bought), homemade dried fruit, and many other “American” food that I need during my semester here. I have never seen the dogs, or any posters saying you weren’t allowed to bring these items in. It seems pretty fair game.

Also note, you aren’t allowed to bring these illegal items into the country, but you are fully allowed to bring them on the plane, as long as they are already eaten before landing or thrown away in the specially allocated bins in the airport. Keely

-

Sherri

Saturday, January 25, 2003 9:03 PM

> Outside the US you are not allowed dairy, fruit, any "natural" type of product. Sweets are about the only thing you can bring. They are dogs sniffing at your luggage to make sure you dont have these products.

Perhaps that’s the case in Ireland, but its certainly not universal. I travel back and forth between the US and Canada all the time (I’m Canadian, and my family still lives there, but I live in the US). I carry food in both directions frequently. My step-mother always loads my suitcase full of home-canned goodies, baking, etc. I also make sure to pick up flour (its made with harder wheat than the US equivalent, and I prefer it for baking bread) and a few other things that I can’t readily get here. The same is true going from the US to Canada – there are always things that friends and relatives want me to bring for them because they aren’t available back home.

I’ve never had a problem. I simply declare everything I’m taking across the border. The only thing I’ve ever been asked is if its for personal consumption.

As far as bringing snacks, I always do – fruit, nuts, cheese, crackers, etc – whatever I think I might want to nosh on during the flight. Again, I’ve never had a problem with this, and no one’s questioned what I carry with me (probably since its obviously for personal consumption on the flight).

Also, I’ve never seen a dog sniffing luggage in an airport I’ve traveled through. I’m not doubting that they exist, but I’d bet its for sniffing out drugs, not apples.

Do you have any cites that suggest that nothing but sweets can be carried outside the US or was that just a guess/rumour?

--

Sherri

"I succeeded by saying what everyone else is thinking." - Joan Rivers

contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Well I guess you don't care about the spread of disease. It's not just in Ireland. Then again, US and Canada are "joined" to each other.

Foot and Mouth disease is awful, and many sheep, cows have to be killed when they get it. That is just one example of what happened when somebody brought food from another country into another. It's fact, and I can argue with fact.

Tracey

Sherri <sherria wrote:

> Outside the US you are not allowed dairy, fruit, any "natural" type of product. Sweets are about the only thing you can bring. They are dogs sniffing at your luggage to make sure you dont have these products.

--

Sherri

"I succeeded by saying what everyone else is thinking." - Joan Rivers

contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

I also wondered about this thing about foods not being allowed, and agree

there is no single regulation for all countries, unless it's a very recent

CEE thing.

I have travelled many times to and from Italy, Greece, France, Germany

Austria and England. (Admittedly, England was about ten years ago, so this

may have changed) and found no problem. Actually, in the Rome transit area

you can buy Italian foodstuff including cheeses and many salami style things

(I'm not sure which because I didn't look), which of course you can open in

the airplane and nibble if you wish.

There is a prohibition about plants and seeds, though. When I bought a

carnivore plant from Paris to Athens to help me fight mosquitoes (a bad

idea, the whole thing was too disgusting!), I had to smuggle it, and the

same went for when I bought some beautiful white eggplant seeds in a satchet

from India.

Irene

Towards_health_and_beauty/ Friendly support

and guidance to everyone struggling with weight and wellness problems.

Website on what you can/can not bring on plane:

http://www.nfu.org.uk/info/imports.asp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/travel/archive/restrict_foot.shtml

"In fact they don't let their own residents take fruit from one state to another - there are regular fruit checks on the Oregon/California border!"

Canada:

http://www.travelalberta.com/content/TravellingTo/FoodPlants.cfm

Animals, plants, and their productsTo protect plants and animals from pests and disease, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has controls, restrictions, and prohibitions on the entry of plants, animals, and their products, including food. To import some of these goods you will need certificates or permits. Many goods do not need mandatory inspection by the CFIA, but if the goods you are importing need to be inspected, you may have to pay a fee.In some cases, customs officers collect fees for the CFIA.

www.cfia-acia.agr.ca

Israel:

All plant material requires approval form the Plant Protection and Inspection Agency. Imported meat must be licensed by the Israel Veterinary Services (IVS) and originate in a processing plant which has been approved by the IVS.

US:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/oa/pubs/usdatips.pdf

http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/opm/food.htm

All international travelers must state on their Customs declaration form whether or not they have been on a farm or in contact with livestock and if they are bringing any meat or dairy products from their travels back with them. APHIS officials will inspect the baggage of all travelers who indicate they have been on a farm or in contact with livestock. Any soiled footwear must be disinfected with detergent and bleach.

http://www.revenue.ie/pdf/part2imp.pdf

Classical Swine Fever - there were 16 British cases of this highly infectious pig virus in the summer of 2000. It was thought to have originated outside the EU, which was free of the virus at that time.

Newcastle disease - this viral disease in poultry is endemic in many parts of the world but was last brought into Britain in the early 1990s.

Enzootic bovine leukosis - this cattle disease was first brought to the UK from Canada in the 1970s. The last clinical case here was in 1996.

Brown Rot - this bacterial disease of potatoes is widely distributed in warm temperate areas of the world and has recently been reported in many parts of Europe.

Rhizomania - this sugar beet virus is wide-spread throughout Europe. It was first brought to the UK in the mid 1980s.

bringing food into US:1. Cheese, Milk, and Dairy Products. Cheese and cheese products are subject to requirements of the Food and Drug Administration and the Department of Agriculture. Most importations of cheese require an import license and are subject to quotas administered by the Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service, Washington, DC 20250 (see Chapter 36).The importation of milk and cream is subject to requirements of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and the Import Milk Act. These products may be imported only by holders of permits from the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Food Labeling (HFS-156), 200 "C" Street NW, Washington, DC 20204; and the Department of Agriculture.2. Fruits, Vegetables, and Nuts. Certain agricultural commodities (including fresh tomatoes, avocados, mangoes, limes, oranges, grapefruit, green peppers, Irish potatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, dry onions, walnuts and filberts, processed dates, prunes, raisins, and olives in tins) must meet United States import requirements relating to grade, size, quality, and maturity (7 U.S.C. 608(e)). These commodities are inspected and an inspection certificate must be issued by the Food Safety and Inspection Service of the Department of Agriculture to indicate import compliance. Inquiries on general requirements should be made to the Agricultural Marketing Service of the Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC 20250. Additional restrictions may be imposed by the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service of that department, Washington, DC 20782, under the Plant Quarantine Act, and by the Food and Drug Administration, Division of Import Operations and Policy (HFC-170), 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857, under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.

3. Insects. Insects in a live state which are injurious to cultivated crops (including vegetables, field crops, bush fruit, and orchard, forest, or shade trees) and the eggs, pupae, or larvae of such insects are prohibited importation, except for scientific purposes, under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Agriculture.All packages containing live insects or their eggs, pupae, or larvae, which are not injurious to crops or trees, are permitted entry into the United States only if covered by a permit issued by the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service of the Department of Agriculture and are not prohibited by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.4. Livestock and Animals. Inspection and quarantine requirements of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) must be met for the importation of (1) all cloven-hoofed animals (ruminants), such as cattle, sheep, deer, antelope, camels, giraffes; (2) swine including the various varieties of wild hogs and the meat from such animals; (3) horses, asses, mules, and zebras; (4) all avian species including poultry and pet birds; (5) animal by-products, such as untanned hides, wool, hair, bones, bone meal, blood meal, animal casings, glands, organs, extracts, or secretions of ruminants and swine (if animal by-product for food, drug, or cosmetic, it is also regulated by the Food and Drug Administration); (5) animal germ-plasm, including embryos and semen; and (6) hay and straw. A permit for importation must be obtained from APHIS before shipping from the country of origin.In addition, all animal imports must be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate. Entry procedures for livestock and animals from Mexico and Canada (except for birds from Mexico) are not as rigorous as those for animals from other countries. Entry of animals is restricted to certain ports which are designated as quarantine stations. All nondomesticated animals must meet the requirements of the Fish and Wildlife Service.5. Meat and Meat Products. All commercial shipments of meat and meat food products (derived from cattle, sheep, swine, goats, and horses) offered for entry into the United States are subject to the regulations of the Department of Agriculture and must be inspected by the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and the Food Safety and Inspection Service of that department prior to release by U.S. Customs. Meat products from other sources (including, but not limited to wild game) are subject to APHIS regulations; the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act, enforced by the Food and Drug Administration; and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.6. Plant and Plant Products. The importation of plants and plant products is subject to regulations of the Department of Agriculture and may be restricted or prohibited. Plants and plant products include fruits, vegetables, plants, nursery stock, bulbs, roots, seeds, certain fibers including cotton and broomcorn, cut flowers, sugarcane, certain cereals, elm logs and elm lumber with bark attached. Import permits are required. Further information should be obtained from the Animal and Plant Heath Inspection Service. Also, certain endangered species of plants may be prohibited or require permits or certificates. The Food and Drug Administration also regulates plant and plant products, particularly fruits and vegetables.7. Poultry and Poultry Products. Poultry, live, dressed, or canned; eggs, including eggs for hatching; and egg products are subject to the requirements and regulations of the Animal and Plant Heath Inspection Service and the Food Safety and Inspection Service of the Department of Agriculture.Except for live poultry and poultry products entering through land ports from Canada, permits are required, as well as special marking and labeling; and in some cases, foreign inspection certification. The term "poultry" is defined as any live or slaughtered domesticated bird, e.g., chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, swans, partridges, guinea fowl, pea fowl, non-migratory ducks, pigeons, and doves. Other birds (e.g., commercial, domestic, or pen-raised grouse, pheasants and quail, and migratory birds) as well as certain egg products are subject to APHIS regulations and to the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act, enforced by the Food and Drug Administration. Inquiry should also be made to the Fish and Wildlife Service, Washington, DC 20240, about their requirements, restrictions, and prohibitions.

Irene Maradei <shantima wrote:

I also wondered about this thing about foods not being allowed, and agreethere is no single regulation for all countries, unless it's a very recentCEE thing.I have travelled many times to and from Italy, Greece, France, GermanyAustria and England. (Admittedly, England was about ten years ago, so thismay have changed) and found no problem. Actually, in the Rome transit areayou can buy Italian foodstuff including cheeses and many salami style things(I'm not sure which because I didn't look), which of course you can open inthe airplane and nibble if you wish.There is a prohibition about plants and seeds, though. When I bought acarnivore plant from Paris to Athens to help me fight mosquitoes (a badidea, the whole thing was too disgusting!), I had to smuggle it, and thesame went for when I bought some beautiful white eggplant seeds in a satchetfrom India.IreneTowards_health_and_beauty/ Friendly supportand guidance to everyone struggling with weight and wellness problems.contact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

*****Keely wrote.....

>>... people also aren't allowed to bring in these items (fruits/veggies)

from other States into California (So maybe California is just really extra

uptight about their produce). <<

It's not about being " extra uptight, " but it is about a few people not

paying attention to what they're doing and carelessly carrying insects and

parasites into California on their fruits and vegetables. That kind of

" traveling bug " had devastated California's abundant crops three times in

the last 20 years. Since California is three times larger than France,

maybe that kind of global perspective doesn't mean much to you.

Dave

And, when it comes to being " extra uptight, " you certainly do know what

you're talking about.

Dave

Keely :) [squeely]

Monday, January 27, 2003 6:29 PM

Re: Re: smuggling food on airplane

First of all... Buddy... France is bigger then California; by about a third.

Secondly... I am a California Girl, born and raised in Nor Cal, and am

currently living in Europe, so not to get snooty or anything, but MY global

prospective is probably better then yours, thank you very much... I was just

mentioning that even between some states, there are problems bring veggies

and fruits; not just between Countries. I don't know about other states

throughout the union, I only know California, and I put that comment, incase

California was unique. So please, think before you comment. Thank you.

Anywayz. I am sorry everyone if this post seems angry, but I am at the

moment... This post has bothered me. I was just trying to comment on a post.

Keely

-

" daveo " <daveo

Monday, January 27, 2003 7:49 AM

RE: Re: smuggling food on airplane

> *****Keely wrote.....

> >>... people also aren't allowed to bring in these items

> >>(fruits/veggies)

> from other States into California (So maybe California is just

> really extra uptight about their produce). <<

>

> It's not about being " extra uptight, " but it is about a few people not

> paying attention to what they're doing and carelessly carrying insects

> and parasites into California on their fruits and vegetables. That

> kind of " traveling bug " had devastated California's abundant crops

> three times in the last 20 years. Since California is three times

> larger than France, maybe that kind of global perspective doesn't mean

> much to you.

>

> Dave

>

First of all... Buddy... France is bigger then California; by about a third.

Secondly... I am a California Girl, born and raised in Nor Cal, and am

currently living in Europe, so not to get snooty or anything, but MY global

prospective is probably better then yours, thank you very much... I was just

mentioning that even between some states, there are problems bring veggies

and fruits; not just between Countries. I don't know about other states

throughout the union, I only know California, and I put that comment, incase

California was unique. So please, think before you comment. Thank you.

Anywayz. I am sorry everyone if this post seems angry, but I am at the

moment... This post has bothered me. I was just trying to comment on a post.

Keely

-

" daveo " <daveo

Monday, January 27, 2003 7:49 AM

RE: Re: smuggling food on airplane

> *****Keely wrote.....

> >>... people also aren't allowed to bring in these items (fruits/veggies)

> from other States into California (So maybe California is just really

extra

> uptight about their produce). <<

>

> It's not about being " extra uptight, " but it is about a few people not

> paying attention to what they're doing and carelessly carrying insects and

> parasites into California on their fruits and vegetables. That kind of

> " traveling bug " had devastated California's abundant crops three times in

> the last 20 years. Since California is three times larger than France,

> maybe that kind of global perspective doesn't mean much to you.

>

> Dave

>

>

contact owner: -owner

> Mail list:

> Delivered-mailing list

> List-Un: -

>

> no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowed

> contact owner with complaints regarding posting/list

> or anything else. Thank you.