IndiaDivine.org

cheese question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good morning!

I'm one of the new members of this list and so happy to have found it! I'm a new vegetarian, having had a sudden epiphany around Christmas after seeing a disturbing video scene of animal slaughter. I'm also on a weightloss/fitness journey, undoing years of self neglect. I've lost 16 pounds since Christmas from a combination of mindful vegetarian eating and exercise (I just *love* Leslie Sansone!)

I'm asking for your suggestions for a lowfat cheese product that really melts and tastes good, especially something like the Montery Jack fullfat cheese I used to love! Got any favorites to share? Any other cheesy suggestions will be happily considered...:)

Blessings,

Susie

i can't recommend the uncheese cookbook by joanne stepaniak enough. it has some fake cheese recipes in there that don't melt too terribly bad as well as some cheesy type sauces & other recipes. and soem of them are much more low in fat than regular cheeses.

megan

I've made cashew cheese before and it was pretty good as a cheese topping instead of the real thing. Not exactly a 100% taste analogue but quite good otherwise. If anyone's interested, I'll post the recipe.

Dave

Megan Milligan [yasminduran]

i can't recommend the uncheese cookbook by joanne stepaniak enough. it has some fake cheese recipes in there that don't melt too terribly bad as well as some cheesy type sauces & other recipes. and soem of them are much more low in fat than regular cheeses.

megan

Interested!! I buy cashew butter :-) Thanks!

Bridget

daveo <daveo wrote:

I've made cashew cheese before and it was pretty good as a cheese topping instead of the real thing. Not exactly a 100% taste analogue but quite good otherwise. If anyone's interested, I'll post the recipe.

Dave

If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals