Keybookritter here! A spunky 24 year old female hoping to find a

great group for weight loss motivation and new friends! :) Like it

says in the topic title, I've been a veggie girl for sometime now but

my weight really fluctuates. Am I doing something wrong? Ovo lacto

vegetarian for the most part, but now I wonder if it is these animal

by products that are making me fat. Hmmmm.... If I go vegan where

will all that necessary muscle building protien come from? Soy

products and beans and rice? That reduces the variety. " Sigh " Guess

that's the price I have to pay in order to get healthy huh?

Oooh! And does anyone in this group enjoy exercise and sports like

say, weightlifting and walking? If so maybe we can team up and swap

tips? This newbie could really use the community support, and will be

more than happy to help anyone out of their " slump days " in return.

Thanks again everyone!

Ciao! :) :) :)

Guest guest

There are much more variety to get your protein than just soy and beans ... nuts and various other vegetables as well. Learning about vegan myself, still a lot to learn.

Bobkeybookritter <keybookritter wrote:

Hello Everyone!Keybookritter here! A spunky 24 year old female hoping to find a great group for weight loss motivation and new friends! :) Like it says in the topic title, I've been a veggie girl for sometime now but my weight really fluctuates. Am I doing something wrong? Ovo lacto vegetarian for the most part, but now I wonder if it is these animal by products that are making me fat. Hmmmm.... If I go vegan where will all that necessary muscle building protien come from? Soy products and beans and rice? That reduces the variety. "Sigh" Guess that's the price I have to pay in order to get healthy huh? Oooh! And does anyone in this group enjoy exercise and sports like say, weightlifting and walking? If so maybe we can team up and swap tips? This newbie could really use the community support, and will be more than happy to help anyone out of their "slump days" in return. Thanks again everyone!Ciao! :) :) :)

Guest guest

Sorry I meant to include a few links so that you can see them ...

http://www.betterbones.com/bbbb_charts/vegetables.htm

http://www.clarechampion.ie/02/apr/cc20020426/ge_mpr.shtml

http://www.asaasc.com/soynuts.htm

Try also the soy burgers, Boca, Morningstar they have lots of protein as well as tofu. This seems to me to be more than just eating dairy products but of course you decide what is good for you.

Bobsandebs <sandebs wrote:

There are much more variety to get your protein than just soy and beans ... nuts and various other vegetables as well. Learning about vegan myself, still a lot to learn.

Bobkeybookritter <keybookritter wrote:

Hello Everyone!Keybookritter here! A spunky 24 year old female hoping to find a great group for weight loss motivation and new friends! :) Like it says in the topic title, I've been a veggie girl for sometime now but my weight really fluctuates. Am I doing something wrong? Ovo lacto vegetarian for the most part, but now I wonder if it is these animal by products that are making me fat. Hmmmm.... If I go vegan where will all that necessary muscle building protien come from? Soy products and beans and rice? That reduces the variety. "Sigh" Guess that's the price I have to pay in order to get healthy huh? Oooh! And does anyone in this group enjoy exercise and sports like say, weightlifting and walking? If so maybe we can team up and swap tips? This newbie could really use the community support, and will be more than happy to help anyone out of their "slump days" in return. Thanks again everyone!Ciao! :) :) :)

Guest guest

Hi

I am also struggling with this weight thing. I have realized that alot of vegetarian foods are high in carbs. It is good but for me bad. I love my carbs too. but I have to limit them. Compare the items. calories fat grams and fiber. If fiber is high then that is great. but if low look at other products. Foods have fat hidden also. I try to go to basic foods and make my recipes. Then I have control over it. It takes time especially since I work 12 hours shifts. I plan to make a dish that I can take to work. I also realize drinking the water is important to loose weight also. I try to focus on fresh fruit vegetables and protein meals. I love cheese too but I need to limit this also because of the fat content. It is a hard game to play and I look at it as a lifestyle change and it isn't going to happen over night., I am interested in the other proteins beside soy, beans nuts that are available. I know gluten is among them but again the carb issue is there.

I have tried to go completely raw fruit and vegetables once. I didn't loose a thing.. I do use alot of tofu mostly stir fry cause it is fast and easy, I freeze it and thaw them they are chewer.

dieter all my life.

nonikeybookritter <keybookritter wrote:

Guest guest

Hello Noni,

Yeah, carbs are killer aren't they? I love them though because most carb foods are easy to prepare and very filling! I know the nutritional values for most foods by heart (a rough est. atleast) but it is the motivation to stick to it that is dragging me down (and the poor scale too!)

Wow! 12 hour shifts? What kind of a career are you in? Police work, or a RN maybe? Man, guess you have to plan your lunches and dinners carefully then. Do you pack a small cooler? Geez! Here I am griping over nothing while you have shown the determination to conquer a real problem!

Hmm. (Reading thru message) Yeah, drinking water is good too. As for other protien sources other than soy; beans, brown rice, barley, oats, nuts (has a lot of fat, but also rich in nutritiens), and leafy green veggies like spinach all have protien. Don't get too hung up on the carb thing. If us vegetarians limit our diets too far we will be eating nothing but air and dirt! Yuk! We need nutritiens, are carb ot two won't hurt. Just make sure to exercise and eveything should be ok!

Thank you for all of your advice! I appreciate it! Take care. Be seeing you around!

Best wishes,

Keybookritter

mindy turner <mindygt wrote:

Hi

I am also struggling with this weight thing. I have realized that alot of vegetarian foods are high in carbs. It is good but for me bad. I love my carbs too. but I have to limit them. Compare the items. calories fat grams and fiber. If fiber is high then that is great. but if low look at other products. Foods have fat hidden also. I try to go to basic foods and make my recipes. Then I have control over it. It takes time especially since I work 12 hours shifts. I plan to make a dish that I can take to work. I also realize drinking the water is important to loose weight also. I try to focus on fresh fruit vegetables and protein meals. I love cheese too but I need to limit this also because of the fat content. It is a hard game to play and I look at it as a lifestyle change and it isn't going to happen over night., I am interested in the other proteins beside soy, beans nuts that are available. I know gluten is among them but again the carb issue is there.

I have tried to go completely raw fruit and vegetables once. I didn't loose a thing.. I do use alot of tofu mostly stir fry cause it is fast and easy, I freeze it and thaw them they are chewer.

dieter all my life.

noni

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.