IndiaDivine.org

I'm a dork

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

LOL, Yes I am a dork. I tried the Carbohydrate Addicts diet. Let's just say that other than the 4 pound weight-loss (which will probably come right back) it was a miserable failure. I really want to get back on a vegetarian eating plan. While I am quite sure that low carb is not the way to go I am still concerned with reducing processed carbs and making sure I am eating well. I think we probably all know someone who is vegetarian but still has a terribly unhealthy diet. I don't want to be one of those people. I'd like some book recommendations that are doable. McDougall and Ornish are too strict for me. Any reading recommendations, suggestions, tips, advice - all are welcome!

~Tracey

Guest guest

You are not a dork so please don't put yourself down like that. Okies?Tracey White <BlessedWithBoys wrote:

LOL, Yes I am a dork. I tried the Carbohydrate Addicts diet. Let's just say that other than the 4 pound weight-loss (which will probably come right back) it was a miserable failure. I really want to get back on a vegetarian eating plan. While I am quite sure that low carb is not the way to go I am still concerned with reducing processed carbs and making sure I am eating well. I think we probably all know someone who is vegetarian but still has a terribly unhealthy diet. I don't want to be one of those people. I'd like some book recommendations that are doable. McDougall and Ornish are too strict for me. Any reading recommendations, suggestions, tips, advice - all are welcome!

~Tracey

Guest guest

Hi There, You are not alone. First I tried a vegetarian-Atkins diet which left me with no energy at all. I stopped working out because I had no energy. Then I decided to try the raw food diet to get my body and brain functioning again. I ate to many avacados and way to many cashews. My weight ballooned. I am back to a low fat vegan diet and work out daily. I am loosing body fat and have lots of energy again.

DeniseDyani Boone <keybookritter wrote:

You are not a dork so please don't put yourself down like that. Okies?Tracey White <BlessedWithBoys wrote:

LOL, Yes I am a dork. I tried the Carbohydrate Addicts diet.

Guest guest

So what kind of foods do you eat?

Heidi

----

Thursday, June 12, 2003 11:59:49 AM

Re: I'm a dork

Hi There, You are not alone. First I tried a vegetarian-Atkins diet which left me with no energy at all. I stopped working out because I had no energy. Then I decided to try the raw food diet to get my body and brain functioning again. I ate to many avacados and way to many cashews. My weight ballooned. I am back to a low fat vegan diet and work out daily. I am loosing body fat and have lots of energy again.

Guest guest

Hello Heidi,

I eat All fruits, All veggies, legumes, red or sweet potatoes, sprouted grain breads, wraps, (vegan)cheese ,vegan Boca burgers, Yves vegan chicken burgers, Yves vegan ham, veggie pizza, taco's w/soy granules, whole wheat pitas, vegan egg rolls, rice or soy milk, vegan sour cream and mayonaise, olive oil & balsamic vinegar, etc............

Pasta can also be vegan as well as rice, but I'm not a fan of either. Oh, I also eat salad everyday for lunch. (red leaf lettuce, tomates, black olives, vadalia onion, garbonzo beans(chickpeas), and vegan ham.)Heidi <hblowers wrote:

Heidi

----

Denise

__ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Dear Heidi,

We all make mistakes. The point is to learn from them. As long as you don't jump on the band wagon everytime a new fad diet rears it's ugly head, you should be fine. I personally had a bad experience with both edpredra products and slimfast shakes. Reflecting back, that was the worst possible thing I could have done for my body. Sure, I lost weight but my heart was dangerously racey and starvation on stupid shakes lead to both binges and malnutrition depending on how "good" I was being on my diet. Forget it! I eat real food now. Stick to what works and is healthy, that simple equation that we all know by heart; diet and exercise. No magic bullet is going to get us there, determination will. If anyone tells you otherwise, it is a marketing ploy. And Heidi, though I do not know you personally, I am certain that you are a beautiful person so please do not put yourself down ok? Heidi <hblowers wrote:

Heidi

----