IndiaDivine.org

Losing weight but not inches

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Right now I am losing weight on a steady basis about 1.5 lbs a week but my

waist measurement has hardly changed! Has anyone else had this problem? I am

thinking that I won't lose inches until I lose a lot of weight but could it

be that I am losing muscle and not fat so that is why there is no change?

michael

Guest guest

It maybe possible that you are losing water-weight and not fat. Stay hydrated and do not take any durietics or diet pills of any kind. Limit your salt in take. Water is your friend, it helps flush out toxins in your body including fat. Drink 8 to 10 eight ounce glasses of water daily And don't forget a glass before and after exercise! You can lose alot of precious water thru sweat. It may sound werid but you can measure you hydration level by the color of you urine. Bright yellow means you are dyhydrated, where as a very light yellow to clear is hydrated. The closer it looks like to water, the better!

Also, try to keep in mind that muscle weighs much more than fat. As long as you are within the normal range for your height and build you should be just fine. So try not to have the numbers on the scale bog you down. Gadge your progress by how you feel. Do you have more or less energy, how do your clothes fit, snug or loose? Are you in a fitness or exercise program of any kind. If so, do you feel stronger than before you began the program. Keep all of these points in mind on your journey. Numbers are just numbers. You are unique.

Finally, you can only lose muscle if you do not use it or fuel it properly. A.K.A. Exercise and protien. Even walking around during daily activity you are using your muscles, they are not going to suddenly shrink. Another myth is that fat can turn into muscle and vice versa. The truth is that fat cells are fat cells, and muscle cells are muscle cells. They do not mutate back and forth. If you do not exercise at all and eat in excess, fat cells will accumulate but your muscles still lie deep under those layers so that you can still move around. The rare exception to that rule are those who are bed-ridden and cannot move at all. Their muscles will atrophy. I highly doubt you have that problem. As for fuel, eating properly will insure that your muscles retain their normal size. Have you ever seen a picture of an anorexic? Their muscles atrophy thru lack of proper nutriton. Or rather, lack of nutrition at all. What is left of them is actually fat on skin and bones in the

body's last attempt to survive. Eatting is esential to health. Protien, vitamins and minerals, water, fiber, and even those recently dreaded fat and carbs are all needed to properly fuel your body. Protien gets a lot of hype, especially for body builders and health fanatics, but pure and simple it is muscle food. Don't buy into those fancy shakes and powders though. Eating normal foods high in protien and low in fat should do the trick just fine. Examples would be an omlette made of egg whites and low-fat cheese, black beans and rice, or lean meats baked or grilled without added fat. I hope this helps.

Good Luck to you Michael! Don't be discouraged, rather be encouraged to do what is best for you and your health! God bless.Michael Chase <mschase wrote:

Right now I am losing weight on a steady basis about 1.5 lbs a week but mywaist measurement has hardly changed! Has anyone else had this problem? I amthinking that I won't lose inches until I lose a lot of weight but could itbe that I am losing muscle and not fat so that is why there is no change?michael

Guest guest

***Just a quick side note. By "lean meats" I mean soy subsitutes, like soy burgers, not actual meat unless you eat fish or poultry. In my household we rarely make the distinction. Sorry for the editing error. *****Dyani Boone <keybookritter wrote:

It maybe possible that you are losing water-weight and not fat. Stay hydrated and do not take any durietics or diet pills of any kind. Limit your salt in take. Water is your friend, it helps flush out toxins in your body including fat. Drink 8 to 10 eight ounce glasses of water daily And don't forget a glass before and after exercise! You can lose alot of precious water thru sweat. It may sound werid but you can measure you hydration level by the color of you urine. Bright yellow means you are dyhydrated, where as a very light yellow to clear is hydrated. The closer it looks like to water, the better!

Also, try to keep in mind that muscle weighs much more than fat. As long as you are within the normal range for your height and build you should be just fine. So try not to have the numbers on the scale bog you down. Gadge your progress by how you feel. Do you have more or less energy, how do your clothes fit, snug or loose? Are you in a fitness or exercise program of any kind. If so, do you feel stronger than before you began the program. Keep all of these points in mind on your journey. Numbers are just numbers. You are unique.

Finally, you can only lose muscle if you do not use it or fuel it properly. A.K.A. Exercise and protien. Even walking around during daily activity you are using your muscles, they are not going to suddenly shrink. Another myth is that fat can turn into muscle and vice versa. The truth is that fat cells are fat cells, and muscle cells are muscle cells. They do not mutate back and forth. If you do not exercise at all and eat in excess, fat cells will accumulate but your muscles still lie deep under those layers so that you can still move around. The rare exception to that rule are those who are bed-ridden and cannot move at all. Their muscles will atrophy. I highly doubt you have that problem. As for fuel, eating properly will insure that your muscles retain their normal size. Have you ever seen a picture of an anorexic? Their muscles atrophy thru lack of proper nutriton. Or rather, lack of nutrition at all. What is left of them is actually fat on skin and bones in the

body's last attempt to survive. Eatting is esential to health. Protien, vitamins and minerals, water, fiber, and even those recently dreaded fat and carbs are all needed to properly fuel your body. Protien gets a lot of hype, especially for body builders and health fanatics, but pure and simple it is muscle food. Don't buy into those fancy shakes and powders though. Eating normal foods high in protien and low in fat should do the trick just fine. Examples would be an omlette made of egg whites and low-fat cheese, black beans and rice, or lean meats baked or grilled without added fat. I hope this helps.

Good Luck to you Michael! Don't be discouraged, rather be encouraged to do what is best for you and your health! God bless.Michael Chase <mschase wrote:

Right now I am losing weight on a steady basis about 1.5 lbs a week but mywaist measurement has hardly changed! Has anyone else had this problem? I amthinking that I won't lose inches until I lose a lot of weight but could itbe that I am losing muscle and not fat so that is why there is no change?michael