Bronx, NY -- USA

>

> 4) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan, or how

> long have you been ionterested in cooking vegetarian

> food?

12 years (4 as vegetarian, 7 as vegan, now back

to vegetarian for the last year)

>

> 5) What is your favourite food or meal?

I'm a carb addict -- any and all breads are Mmm

Mmm Good (My scale and mirror would disagree)

>

> 6) Why did you join the group?

I want to learn healthy weight-loss and

maintenance habits for life.

>

> 7) Is there anything specific you want to get out of

> the group?

>

Not that I can think of just now.

> 8) Tell us a few of your favourite things.

Theatre (I'm an actress) and working with animals

(I'm also a self-employed dog walker)

>

> 9) Do you know of any internet sites or other groups

> which maybe relevant to members?

Nope

>

> 10) Is there anything else you'd like to share with

> the group?

I am ashamed to admit, but it might be important,

that I have a history of eating disorders -- I still

fall into unhealthy habits from time to time.

>

>

> Remember to post this back to

>

>

> Thanks for taking the time to fill out this

> questionnaire.

>

>

> Laura, Moderator, Vegetarian Slimming :)

>

>

SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

http://sbc.

Guest guest

Hi Kathleen,

I too have a history of eating disorders. Being vegan has been a blessing in controlling them. I also am careful not to eat trigger foods. For example I never eat cake but I am making a vegan chocolate cake for my birthday. I decided I will eat one piece and that's all. I am going to give the rest of the cake to my mother or brother. Kathleen Schlemmer <kathleenhope2001 wrote:

> > > > 10) Is there anything else you'd like to share with> the group? I am ashamed to admit, but it might be important,that I have a history of eating disorders -- I stillfall into unhealthy habits from time to time.> :)> > SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!http://sbc.

Guest guest

I'd be careful about "over defining" or assuming a medical condition, such as an "eating disorder". Before I would assume someone else's label for your experience, you might scrutinize the source and the underlying message for implied limitations, that may not be true.

If your source, whoever that is, tells you a condition is incurable, or imples there's no escape, that only means "they" have no cure for you. When someone else might have a cure. Western Medicine is notorius for setting themselves up as GODS, and implying that if they have no cure, that none exists.

Western Medicine has a history of attacking all other forms of medicine, without the slightest inquiry into the value of the attacked procedure. If they can't make a buck off it, or control it, they kill it. They have a track record of attacking suppliers of "vitamins", which is an on-going attack happening today.

Companies that supply drugs to doctors see the increase in vitamin sales as a loss because if you stay healthy and well, the drug companies make less money. The drug companies are passively promoting illness and disease as an avenue to profit. They want you to die slowly, taking thier expensive drugs.

The drug companies are using the doctors to attack possible loss of profit.

Western Medicine murdered my mother 4 years ago, and charged her medical insurance $90,000.oo/Dollars, to do it. In the process, she hung on for 4 years after her 5 way heart by-pass surgury. The doctor that performed the operation was surprised after a couple years THAT SHE WAS STILL ALIVE. He was expecting her to die within two years. Her exit from life was painful and undignified, the doctors don't give a damn, despite what they might say.

If your body is not performing the way you want it to, you have two options.

Either accept the limitations and discomfort, or take time to learn about your body and become your own doctor.

Assuming the second option was chosen, you need to take in more water. Somewhere between half a gallon and a full gallon of water should go through your body daily. I alternate between distilled water and spring water bought from the grocery store. Delivered water costs twice as much.

Pure water will take toxins out of your body and create a healthier internal enviornment, with the increased water consumption, toxins have less opportunity to collect.

Most people breathe very short breaths. A continueous short breath creates a message to your body that you are in a panic mode. Long deep breaths do the opposite and make you relax. By taking in deep breaths you will automatically de-stress your body. Despite air-pollution, deep breathing and increaed oxygen is preferable to the shallow breath.

Think in terms of your lower lungs. When you breathe in, think about filling those lower sections of your lungs, fill the lungs in each breath so there is a small discomfort, something you are not used to. Take every opportunity to deep breathe, especially when you have to wait for something. Observe the breathing pattern of someone asleep, and mimick the pattern while awake.

Everyone hates exercise, but there are a lot of food no-no's that you can ignore, IF you are really exercising.

At minimum, you need to walk (not wander) one hour a day if you are not exercising. Walking through the shopping mall usually involves stopping and window shopping, that won't work as well because you are not using the legs as much compared to walking around the outer perimeter of the mall. It also has a disasterous effect on your credit card and you need to get a little sunshine. Most people doing sunshine over-do the sun, what you want to get is away from the white skin look, and stop just as the pink starts to appear. Then cover up and block the sun with hat and clothes.

When you are watering yourself, taking in more air and getting the exercise (walking), you will see improvements within a couple weeks. Try the deep breathing while walking. Your eating disorder might actually be boredom, changing your routiene may resolve this ill-defined condition.

In any event, accept no one as the last word when you have a problem. If no one seems to have a solution, then try pestering GOD/GODDESS in the present tense. Make a thank-you note out of an affirmation that addresses your problem. Act as if GOD/GODDESS has already solved your problem and use your visualization.

Imagine that wonderful miracle has already happened and your problem is already resolved. Sounds crazy if your still coughing but keep your little illusion going and act as if it's been resolved for weeks. That illusion, done in the present tense will become a reality. That's how it's done. Usually one or two weeks.

Even works for money.

GOD/GODDESS is NOT a lender, he/she GIVES money away without strings to those who pester him/her consistently, through ordinary means. Sometimes it's a sack dropped in the road, other times the bank will make a big error and not notice it. Or the job will suddenly go into unforseen overtime pay. All you need to do is remain open to opportunity after making your requests.

-

Denise Bixler

Wednesday, June 18, 2003 12:33 PM

Re: Questions for new members

Hi Kathleen,

I too have a history of eating disorders. Being vegan has been a blessing in controlling them. I also am careful not to eat trigger foods. For example I never eat cake but I am making a vegan chocolate cake for my birthday. I decided I will eat one piece and that's all. I am going to give the rest of the cake to my mother or brother. Kathleen Schlemmer <kathleenhope2001 wrote:

> > > > 10) Is there anything else you'd like to share with> the group? I am ashamed to admit, but it might be important,that I have a history of eating disorders -- I stillfall into unhealthy habits from time to time.> :)> > SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!http://sbc.

Guest guest

I did not assume anything. I don't know why you would say that.c_IRON <oo0ir0n0o.0 wrote:

I'd be careful about "over defining" or assuming a medical condition, such as an "eating disorder". Before I would assume someone else's label for your experience, you might scrutinize the source and the underlying message for implied limitations, that may not be true.

-

Denise Bixler

Wednesday, June 18, 2003 12:33 PM

Re: Questions for new members

Hi Kathleen,