IndiaDivine.org

Water!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good Evening!

Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and biking. I drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else drink water and how much?

Bridget....If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

I usually drink around 90 oz. of water a day. I seek to have minimal liquid with my meals or snacks, and then drink nothing 45 minutes before a meal or 2 1/2 hours afterwards. I remember it was pretty hard getting into this routine.

Dave

Earthy Lady [earthylady_39] Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:59 PM Subject: Water!

Good Evening!

Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and biking. I drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else drink water and how much?

Bridget....

Guest guest

I drink a little water with lunch and supper. I always have orange juice with my breakfast. I read somewhere that a glass of juice is 50% water. I order from a company here Pure & Simple and found it to be one of the better tasting waters. Plus the people that run the water company will take the time to answer any questions....which is always a good thing. On a hot day and I am out doing a 2 hour hike I drink 2 bottles. Plus more when I get home. A few years back I went into the running room and ask them if I was drinking enough doing a 20km run. She said yes I was.........so I sort of take it from there and so far things have worked out for me and excersie in the heat.

Take care and have a great rest of today! Bridget....

daveo <daveo wrote:

I usually drink around 90 oz. of water a day. I seek to have minimal liquid with my meals or snacks, and then drink nothing 45 minutes before a meal or 2 1/2 hours afterwards. I remember it was pretty hard getting into this routine.

Dave

If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

In the book, "Your body's many cries for water," the author says we begin to dehydrate long before we feel thirsty. As a runner, I'd consider more. Just my opinion.

Dave

Earthy Lady [earthylady_39] Thursday, June 19, 2003 11:33 AM Subject: RE: Water!

I drink a little water with lunch and supper. I always have orange juice with my breakfast. I read somewhere that a glass of juice is 50% water. I order from a company here Pure & Simple and found it to be one of the better tasting waters. Plus the people that run the water company will take the time to answer any questions....which is always a good thing. On a hot day and I am out doing a 2 hour hike I drink 2 bottles. Plus more when I get home. A few years back I went into the running room and ask them if I was drinking enough doing a 20km run. She said yes I was.........so I sort of take it from there and so far things have worked out for me and excersie in the heat.

Take care and have a great rest of today! Bridget....

daveo <daveo wrote:

Dave

Guest guest

I have heard this before and thanks for the name of the book.

Bridget....

"Your body's many cries for water," the author says we begin to dehydrate long before we feel thirsty.

If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

I am a water drinker! I drink around 70 ounces a day.

JanetteEarthy Lady <earthylady_39 wrote:

Good Evening!

Bridget....If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

Post your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

What's wrong with drinking water with your meals? I thought water

fell in 'the more the better' category.

--- kathleen

, " daveo " <daveo@m...> wrote:

> I usually drink around 90 oz. of water a day. I seek to have

minimal liquid

> with my meals or snacks, and then drink nothing 45 minutes before a

meal or

> 2 1/2 hours afterwards. I remember it was pretty hard getting into

this

> routine.

>

> Dave

>

>

>

>

> Earthy Lady [earthylady_39]

> Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:59 PM

>

> Water!

>

>

> Good Evening!

>

> Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and

biking. I

> drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else

drink water

> and how much?

>

> Bridget....

Guest guest

It is in " the more the better " category but not during our meals. Here's

why...

While eating, we secret acids which digests our food for us. Too much

liquid on any kind during this process will dilute their effectiveness. The

upper chamber of the stomach attempts to capture the liquid in our food, but

it is limited in that role. Lots of liquid with our food is very hard to

isolate, so most of it gets throught.

Dave

kathleenhope2001 [kathleenhope2001]

Friday, June 20, 2003 2:16 PM

Re: Water!

What's wrong with drinking water with your meals? I thought water

fell in 'the more the better' category.

--- kathleen

, " daveo " <daveo@m...> wrote:

> I usually drink around 90 oz. of water a day. I seek to have

> minimal liquid with my meals or snacks, and then drink nothing

> 45 minutes before a meal or 2 1/2 hours afterwards. I remember

> it was pretty hard getting into this routine.

Guest guest

Thanks! I alway enjoy reading new info :-) You never stop learning!!!

Bridget....daveo <daveo wrote:

It is in "the more the better" category but not during our meals. Here'swhy...While eating, we secret acids which digests our food for us. Too muchliquid on any kind during this process will dilute their effectiveness. Theupper chamber of the stomach attempts to capture the liquid in our food, butit is limited in that role. Lots of liquid with our food is very hard toisolate, so most of it gets throught. DaveIf you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

The water idea is highly suspect. I'd be suspicious of the original source's actual intent. I see harm.

-

kathleenhope2001

Friday, June 20, 2003 2:15 PM

What's wrong with drinking water with your meals? I thought water fell in 'the more the better' category. --- kathleen , "daveo" <daveo@m...> wrote:> I usually drink around 90 oz. of water a day. I seek to have minimal liquid> with my meals or snacks, and then drink nothing 45 minutes before a meal or> 2 1/2 hours afterwards. I remember it was pretty hard getting into this> routine.> > Dave> > > > > Earthy Lady [earthylady_39] > Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:59 PM> > Water!> > > Good Evening!> > Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and biking. I> drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else drink water> and how much? > > Bridget....

Guest guest

Skepticism is good for the dialogue it creates. Can you be a bit more specific with your comment?

Dave

c_IRON [oo0ir0n0o.0] Sunday, June 22, 2003 1:31 AM Subject: Re: Re: Water!

The water idea is highly suspect. I'd be suspicious of the original source's actual intent. I see harm.

-

kathleenhope2001

What's wrong with drinking water with your meals? I thought water fell in 'the more the better' category. --- kathleen , "daveo" <daveo@m...> wrote:> I usually drink around 90 oz. of water a day. I seek to have minimal liquid> with my meals or snacks, and then drink nothing 45 minutes before a meal or> 2 1/2 hours afterwards. I remember it was pretty hard getting into this> routine.> > Dave> > > > > Earthy Lady [earthylady_39] > Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:59 PM> > Water!> > > Good Evening!> > Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and biking. I> drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else drink water> and how much? > > Bridget....

Guest guest

??????????????????????????????????????

c_IRON <oo0ir0n0o.0 wrote:

-

kathleenhope2001

What's wrong with drinking water with your meals? I thought water fell in 'the more the better' category. If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

I had read somewhere (don't remember the source - sorry) but you

should drink half your body weight in ounces. Example, if you weigh

200 pounds you should drink 100 oz per day, some one who weighs 160

should drink 80 ounces, etc. Don't know if this helps everyone. :-)

> >

> > Earthy Lady [earthylady_39]

> > Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:59 PM

> >

> > Water!

> >

> >

> > Good Evening!

> >

> > Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and

> biking. I

> > drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else

> drink water

> > and how much?

> >

> > Bridget....

>

Guest guest

That sounds right based on my personal experience. I weight in the low

170s. I drink around 90 oz, and I feel pretty comfortable with it. I

remember during the first 2-3 weeks, I felt like my insides were swimming.

So, there is a transition period while your body gets back to normal.

Dave

learning_veggies [tmorgan2406]

Monday, June 23, 2003 1:25 PM

I had read somewhere (don't remember the source - sorry) but you

should drink half your body weight in ounces. Example, if you weigh

200 pounds you should drink 100 oz per day, some one who weighs 160

should drink 80 ounces, etc. Don't know if this helps everyone. :-)

> >

> > Earthy Lady [earthylady_39]

> > Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:59 PM

> >

> > Water!

> >

> >

> > Good Evening!

> >

> > Summer is here so that means I am outside hiking, running and

> biking. I

> > drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Does anyone else

> drink water

> > and how much?

> >

> > Bridget....

>

Guest guest

Thanks!

I drink more than enough :-)

I will pass this info on to a few friends.

Bridget :-)

learning_veggies <tmorgan2406 wrote:

I had read somewhere (don't remember the source - sorry) but you should drink half your body weight in ounces. Example, if you weigh 200 pounds you should drink 100 oz per day, some one who weighs 160 should drink 80 ounces, etc. Don't know if this helps everyone. :-)If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van GoghPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

I see what you mean. I was referring to the comment to restrict water intake during meals.

I think it's bad advice. I did have a longer reply originally, but I cut it way down to sidestep

comments that could be easily construed as stereotyping. That particular comment regarding

water probably has a hidden ill-will behind it. Even if a medical professional vouched for it,

I still would be wary of the advice.

-

daveo

Sunday, June 22, 2003 6:24 AM

RE: Re: Water!

Skepticism is good for the dialogue it creates. Can you be a bit more specific with your comment?

Dave

Guest guest

So, your major concern is about limiting our water/liquids with meals? Actually, my source info was from an M.D. I'm happy to post it if you want to check it out.

Is there any particular reason why you are "wary" of this advice?

c_IRON [oo0ir0n0o.0] Monday, June 23, 2003 9:42 PM Subject: Re: Re: Water!

I see what you mean. I was referring to the comment to restrict water intake during meals.

I think it's bad advice. I did have a longer reply originally, but I cut it way down to sidestep

comments that could be easily construed as stereotyping. That particular comment regarding

water probably has a hidden ill-will behind it. Even if a medical professional vouched for it,

I still would be wary of the advice.

-

daveo

Sunday, June 22, 2003 6:24 AM

Dave

Guest guest

Don't bother. If I'd listened to my M.D., I'd be dead or hospitalized by now.

And my M.D., would have his Mercedes-Benz parked in front of a house-of-ill-repute, spending my insurance money.

Getting advice from an M.D., is like begging Dracula for compassion.

Either way you're screwed.

Western medical doctors, and nurses should be taken down to the police firing range and used for target practice.

I'd donate money for extra ammo. Buy the armor piercing 44 magnum shells. Do a John F. Kennedy.

In this way, a doctor's remains could serve a useful purpose in feeding the seagulls.

-

daveo

Monday, June 23, 2003 10:13 PM

So, your major concern is about limiting our water/liquids with meals? Actually, my source info was from an M.D. I'm happy to post it if you want to check it out.

Guest guest

I am asking you very kindly, after seeing more than one post, to keep your people bashing - for those involved in Western Medicine or otherwise - from gracing the screen of my computer. If you are uninterested in Western Medicine then by all means don't partake of it but don't bash the people who have dedicated their lives to it. Any "medicine" done incorrectly can cause damage whether western, eastern or otherwise but it does not mean that all persons involved on whatever side of the world the last incident gone wrong was taken from are bad people.

Allison MurpheyAdministrative AssistantPlanned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania(412) 434-8957

-

c_IRON

Wednesday, June 25, 2003 4:15 AM

Re: Re: Water!

Western medical doctors, and nurses should be taken down to the police firing range and used for target practice.

Guest guest

Well, except for a colorful rant about western medicine, you offer nothing useful about water.

Clearly, many people are disillusioned with society and how it functions or malfunctions today. When that thread arises on this list, I'm sure you'll have a lot to add to it, but this was not that thread. Your staying focused on "water" and how it affects our health is greatly appreciated.

Dave

c_IRON [oo0ir0n0o.0] Wednesday, June 25, 2003 1:16 AM Subject: Re: Re: Water!

And my M.D., would have his Mercedes-Benz parked in front of a house-of-ill-repute, spending my insurance money. ..

-

daveo

Guest guest

I agree :-) I have mixed both and at 46 in excellent health. I run distance, biked, hiked distance and weight train. I see my doctor once a year for a check-up. When I told her that I was going to try becoming a veggie she said great. ( yes I have and love it) I have a wonderful doctor and I also see a lady who works at a large natural health center. I have learned one thing in life.....common sense!! I have come across in my years doctors that I would not go back to and that is the same for natural paths.

Bridget..............

amurphey wrote:

I am asking you very kindly, after seeing more than one post, to keep your people bashing - for those involved in Western Medicine or otherwise - from gracing the screen of my computer. If you are uninterested in Western Medicine then by all means don't partake of it but don't bash the people who have dedicated their lives to it. Any "medicine" done incorrectly can cause damage whether western, eastern or otherwise but it does not mean that all persons involved on whatever side of the world the last incident gone wrong was taken from are bad people.

Allison MurpheyAdministrative AssistantPlanned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania(412) 434-8957

-

c_IRON

Wednesday, June 25, 2003 4:15 AM

Guest guest

Sorry to hear you feel that way....very sad :-(

c_IRON <oo0ir0n0o.0 wrote:

And my M.D., would have his Mercedes-Benz parked in front of a house-of-ill-repute, spending my insurance money.

Getting advice from an M.D., is like begging Dracula for compassion.

Either way you're screwed.

I'd donate money for extra ammo. Buy the armor piercing 44 magnum shells. Do a John F. Kennedy.

In this way, a doctor's remains could serve a useful purpose in feeding the seagulls.

-

daveo

Guest guest

Wow! Who'd have thought water would be such a controversial topic!

But just so I get the actual concept right before I check it out

(which is always a good idea regardless of your souce), this is a

question of digestion, right? The idea is that if you drink liquids

with your meal the liquids will help flush the nutritional stuff out

of your system before your body can absorb all the vitamins and what

not? So...could this also work to a dieter's advantage? Would it be a

good idea to drink lots of water while and after the occasional

indulgence? Would the liquids flush the calories and fat away too?

---kathleen

, Earthy Lady

<earthylady_39> wrote:

> Sorry to hear you feel that way....very sad :-(

>

>

> c_IRON <oo0ir0n0o.0@e...> wrote:

> Don't bother. If I'd listened to my M.D., I'd be dead or

hospitalized by now.

> And my M.D., would have his Mercedes-Benz parked in front of a

house-of-ill-repute, spending my insurance money.

>

> Getting advice from an M.D., is like begging Dracula for compassion.

> Either way you're screwed.

>

> Western medical doctors, and nurses should be taken down to the

police firing range and used for target practice.

> I'd donate money for extra ammo. Buy the armor piercing 44 magnum

shells. Do a John F. Kennedy.

>

> In this way, a doctor's remains could serve a useful purpose in

feeding the seagulls.

>

> -

> daveo

>

> Monday, June 23, 2003 10:13 PM

> RE: Re: Water!

>

>

> So, your major concern is about limiting our water/liquids with

meals? Actually, my source info was from an M.D. I'm happy to post

it if you want to check it out.

>

> Is there any particular reason why you are " wary " of this advice?

>

>

>

Guest guest

Whether you or others have dedicated your lives to a form of fraud is your business. I'm sure there were people in the middle ages who could have made a similar arguement for employment as the King's dungeon torturer. Such arguements are irrelevant.

Your message:The fact that we exist validates us. -- WRONG!

The hallmark of the internet is "Free Speech".

It also does not fit the discription of --bashing--, since I can produce two "gravemarker" locations where a REAL physical bodies lie buried. "My parents".

Both of which took the avenue of a five and four way heart by-pass operations which eventually killed them both.

The doctors are richer by $90,000.oo/Dollars apiece for a complete failure.

In essence, what killed them is the hypnosis Western Medicine made into law, in some cases, that puts them up as some kind of God. If God = Western Medicine, doesn't have it, it does not exist. That hypnosis led them to totally rely on someone who knew in advance the operations would kill them.

If there were some doubt, they might've explored other valid, real alternatives THAT DO EXIST. And both of them would be living now and enjoying thier retirements.

I am now currently fighting diabeties. Had I followed my doctor's advice, I'd be DEAD!

I READ, I do my own research, and I'm in better health by totally ignoring my doctor. I expect a full recovery in about six months to a disease they told me is incurable.

My feet are healing up, my eyesight has reversed and returned to normal, and the "lack of energy" condition has vanished. The blood sugar numbers are rock solid in the normal range.

What you are doing is marketing very harmful drugs based on the gullibility and misplaced trust of the patient. The drugs are designed to accelerate the condition and keep you sick. The sole criteria is the profit margin.

Illness = profit.

I don't know if you get into the birthing room with your profession, but you do know that a horizontal birth, as opposed to squatting is against nature. The reason horizontal births exist is to increase pain during child delivery, to validate the presence of the doctor (and his bill). A vertical birth takes advantage of gravity and is much quicker and FAR less painful on both. Western Medicine has only been around less than 200 years. Before that it was midwives and we seemed to have survived with midwifery for about 100,000 years. My father and mother were both born at home.

No doctor. 1930.

Your next comment, if any, will conclude the discussion.

You do remember where the delete button is.

-

amurphey

Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:49 AM

Guest guest

This is a group designed for discussion of vegetarian weight loss issues. Please limit your discussion to such things. I'm quite certain there has to be a group out there for you somewhere to direct your anger at Western Medicine if that is what you are more interested in talking about.

This is my final comment, the one that you said would conclude the discussion.

-

c_IRON

Thursday, June 26, 2003 1:13 AM

Whether you or others have dedicated your lives to a form of fraud is your business. I'm sure there were people in the middle ages who could have made a similar arguement for employment as the King's dungeon torturer. Such arguements are irrelevant.

Your message:The fact that we exist validates us. -- WRONG!

The hallmark of the internet is "Free Speech".

It also does not fit the discription of --bashing--, since I can produce two "gravemarker" locations where a REAL physical bodies lie buried. "My parents".

Both of which took the avenue of a five and four way heart by-pass operations which eventually killed them both.

The doctors are richer by $90,000.oo/Dollars apiece for a complete failure.

In essence, what killed them is the hypnosis Western Medicine made into law, in some cases, that puts them up as some kind of God. If God = Western Medicine, doesn't have it, it does not exist. That hypnosis led them to totally rely on someone who knew in advance the operations would kill them.

If there were some doubt, they might've explored other valid, real alternatives THAT DO EXIST. And both of them would be living now and enjoying thier retirements.

I am now currently fighting diabeties. Had I followed my doctor's advice, I'd be DEAD!

I READ, I do my own research, and I'm in better health by totally ignoring my doctor. I expect a full recovery in about six months to a disease they told me is incurable.

My feet are healing up, my eyesight has reversed and returned to normal, and the "lack of energy" condition has vanished. The blood sugar numbers are rock solid in the normal range.

What you are doing is marketing very harmful drugs based on the gullibility and misplaced trust of the patient. The drugs are designed to accelerate the condition and keep you sick. The sole criteria is the profit margin.

Illness = profit.

I don't know if you get into the birthing room with your profession, but you do know that a horizontal birth, as opposed to squatting is against nature. The reason horizontal births exist is to increase pain during child delivery, to validate the presence of the doctor (and his bill). A vertical birth takes advantage of gravity and is much quicker and FAR less painful on both. Western Medicine has only been around less than 200 years. Before that it was midwives and we seemed to have survived with midwifery for about 100,000 years. My father and mother were both born at home.

No doctor. 1930.

Your next comment, if any, will conclude the discussion.

You do remember where the delete button is.

-

amurphey

Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:49 AM