IndiaDivine.org

diets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ick!! I've tried a lot of diets. The diabetic exchange, Weight Watchers, my own hodge podge and even tried to gag myself through Atkins.

I was doing pretty well on my own hodge podge -- in fact I did the best on it. Until my blood sugars went out of whack and I did a rapid gain -- 20 lbs in less than 2 months. Putting me on the meds has really helped even that out and I've lost back down to where I was but I'm finding that because I take the medicine I have to eat on a more regular schedule....when before I was operating on the eat only when I was hungry principle.

I think it is great that so many husbands are supportive. I always hear these horror stories about those that aren't.

Tonight we had a simple dinner. I pulled leftovers from the refrigerator and made fresh pone bread. I served dried lima beans over rice with the bread. Pone bread is just old fashioned whole grain cornmeal, mixed with water and fried in cakes. They don't soak up a ton of grease, but they still aren't fat free. Vegan though.

I'm a little frustrated with January's diet results. I lost at the beginning of the month and then put back on to the same point I was on January 1. I guess I can be thankful it was an even month though.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend,

Shara

i am completely stuck at my weight....i have been walking everywhere, except in the snow this week, and feel more toned and numbers on scales aint moved!!!

feel a bit despondant

catherine

>"schilcoat"

> >

> diets >Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:36:19 -0500 > >Ick!! I've tried a lot of diets. The diabetic exchange, Weight Watchers, my own hodge podge and even tried to gag myself through Atkins. > >I was doing pretty well on my own hodge podge -- in fact I did the best on it. Until my blood sugars went out of whack and I did a rapid gain -- 20 lbs in less than 2 months. Putting me on the meds has really helped even that out and I've lost back down to where I was but I'm finding that because I take the medicine I have to eat on a more regular schedule....when before I was operating on the eat only when I was hungry principle. > >I think it is great that so many husbands are supportive. I always hear these horror stories about those that aren't. > >Tonight we had a simple dinner. I pulled leftovers from the refrigerator and made fresh pone bread. I served dried lima beans over rice with the bread. Pone bread is just old fashioned whole grain cornmeal, mixed with water and fried in cakes. They don't soak up a ton of grease, but they still aren't fat free. Vegan though. > >I'm a little frustrated with January's diet results. I lost at the beginning of the month and then put back on to the same point I was on January 1. I guess I can be thankful it was an even month though. > >Hope everyone is having a great weekend, >Shara > Get a free connection, half-price modem and one month FREE, when you sign up for BT Broadband today!

Hi Shara,

You've really been through the weight-loss dieting mill - as many of us

have. But if your meds make it tricky to lose (and I've been there,

believe me, which is how I gained so much weight in the first place),

then don't beat up on yourself. You're doing great just to hold the

fort, as it were ;=) So January you didn't lose? Didn't gain either!

Good woman!!!!

Me, I've lost very little in the last month, but I didn't gain and I am

congratulating myself for that. But I do feel better about myself than I

did, and I think that is important. Of course it is ;=) You'll be fine,

just wait and see. But on the meds it will be, as you know, an uphill

battle *but* when you lose even a little you will be able to brag with

great pride! You go, girl!!! I think you're great ;=)

Best love,

Pat ;=)

--

SANTBROWN

townhounds/

vegetarianslimming/

HOMEPAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/art/pendragon/

----------

* " There are too many idiots in this world. And having said it, I have

the burden of proving it. " (Franz Fanon)

* " Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man

will not himself find peace. " (Albert Schweitzer)

>

> i am completely stuck at my weight....i have been walking everywhere, except

> in the snow this week, and feel more toned and numbers on scales aint

> moved!!!

>

> feel a bit despondant

Hi Catherine ;=)

Do I get this right? You're walking and feeling good and you know your

body's better off for it but you're going to believe a silly mechanical

device rather than your own eyes and own bod? Nahhhh! The scales will

move (the buggers better, or else!) and then you'll be laughing and

emailing us all to tell us about it. Just wait and see. And good for

you! ;=)

Best love,

Pat ;=)

--

SANTBROWN

townhounds/

vegetarianslimming/

HOMEPAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/art/pendragon/

----------

* " There are too many idiots in this world. And having said it, I have

the burden of proving it. " (Franz Fanon)

* " Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man

will not himself find peace. " (Albert Schweitzer)

hi pat

thanks!!........

catherine x

>Sant & Brown

> > >Re: diets >Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:35:22 -0500 > > > > > i am completely stuck at my weight....i have been walking everywhere, except > > in the snow this week, and feel more toned and numbers on scales aint > > moved!!! > > > > feel a bit despondant > >Hi Catherine ;=) > >Do I get this right? You're walking and feeling good and you know your >body's better off for it but you're going to believe a silly mechanical >device rather than your own eyes and own bod? Nahhhh! The scales will >move (the buggers better, or else!) and then you'll be laughing and >emailing us all to tell us about it. Just wait and see. And good for >you! ;=) > >Best love, >Pat ;=) >-- >SANTBROWN >townhounds/ >vegetarianslimming/ >HOMEPAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/art/pendragon/ >---------- >* "There are too many idiots in this world. And having said it, I have >the burden of proving it." (Franz Fanon) >* "Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man >will not himself find peace." (Albert Schweitzer) > > Eliminate more spam from your inbox by signing up for MSN 8 with its intelligent junk mail filters.