IndiaDivine.org

Just an update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well I have been kind of lurking....not been able to send out any messages as I had a virus and was working on fixing my computer.....seems ok now......I have also been real down in the dumps...and have put on 12 pounds since last popped in....I made a great stir fry tonight....I used peanut oil and fried up some extra firm tofu.....then added a package of frozen stir fry vegetables....and put that over steamed brown rice.....no one knew they were eating the tofu....I was real happy with the meal...and the fact that no one complained about what they were eating was gravy on top of that....as a matter of fact they told me that it was great.....so I am going to try the tofu in other dishes for the rest of the family and friends.....well got to get going....

Debbie in Alaska

Dear Debbie,

One step at a time. How fun to fix something and have no complaints -- that rarely happens at my house. My 8 yo daughter can *adore* something one day and *detest* it the next! Sigh ...

I was actually able to drop three pounds in recent weeks, but we're packing to move and I'm also working on a new training regimine with the dog, so I worry I'll be able to "keep it up." I always push "me" to the back burner! :(

Think of last night's meal as a beacon for you to follow. You'll get there, just maybe not on *your* time frame, but on the one that is meant to be.

Take care,

Paula J.

Tulsa, OK

-

Debbie

Vegetarian Slimming

Thursday, February 12, 2004 1:29 AM

Just an update

Well I have been kind of lurking....

Thank you.....tonight I tried the tofu again and this time I made stroganoff....this is a food that everyone likes....and it also went over without a hitch....I am trying to drink the soy milk....the Soy Silk...and I just don't like the taste much....I think when I get through this half-gallon...I will refrain from milk for a couple of weeks and try it again.....the soy cheese ahs not been too bad....I have to watch added salt and am to try to avoid it...I suffer from Vertigo that is aggravated from salt....I do pretty good about avoiding it....I am going to stay away from the scales for a while as well.....To try to concentrate on feeling better...and if the weight starts to come off again....then I will feel it....and don't need the scales to measure it.....

I was wondering what you folks do in regards to crackers and other snacks....I am getting a little tired of vegetables all the time and would like to have some other things....I do keep nuts in the house as well....any home made type snacks would be wonderful as well...

One step at a time. How fun to fix something and have no complaints -- that rarely happens at my house. My 8 yo daughter can *adore* something one day and *detest* it the next! Sigh ...

I was actually able to drop three pounds in recent weeks, but we're packing to move and I'm also working on a new training regimine with the dog, so I worry I'll be able to "keep it up." I always push "me" to the back burner! :(

Isn't that the way most people are....you put yourself behind others....

Think of last night's meal as a beacon for you to follow. You'll get there, just maybe not on *your* time frame, but on the one that is meant to be.

Debbie in Alaska