IndiaDivine.org

Intro Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

1) What is your name or what would you like to be called? Misty2) How old are you (roughly)? 32

3) Where do you live (city/country)? country4) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan, or how long have you been ionterested in cooking vegetarian food? I have polycystic kidney disease, so I can't have a lot of protein. I have been gradually moving toward vegetarianism for quite a while now.5) What is your favourite food or meal? definitely potatoes! :-)6) Why did you join the group? I need to find a variety of vegetarian dishes to keep my family from getting bored by eating the same things over and over again. They still eat meat occasionally, but not very often.7) Is there anything specific you want to get out of the group? I am looking forward to everyone sharing their knowledge concerning this way of eating as I learn to adapt my diet to a totally vegetarian way of eating.Misty

Guest guest

Misty, I have Polycystic kidney disease, too! That is why I am a vegetarian!

Small world!!!

Take good care

Becky

www.pkdcure.org *

*trying to find a cure polycystic kidney and liver disease*

03/25/04 19:05:39

Intro Questions

1) What is your name or what would you like to be called? Misty2) How old are you (roughly)? 32

3) Where do you live (city/country)? country4) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan, or how long have you been ionterested in cooking vegetarian food? I have polycystic kidney disease, so I can't have a lot of protein. I have been gradually moving toward vegetarianism for quite a while now.5) What is your favourite food or meal? definitely potatoes! :-)6) Why did you join the group? I need to find a variety of vegetarian dishes to keep my family from getting bored by eating the same things over and over again. They still eat meat occasionally, but not very often.7) Is there anything specific you want to get out of the group? I am looking forward to everyone sharing their knowledge concerning this way of eating as I learn to adapt my diet to a totally vegetarian way of eating.Misty

©2003 LongBraid Designs Original

Guest guest

Is this related to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? I had not heard of the kidney one but i do have PCOS.

peace

nikki

btw... welcome to the group!

WindChimes [chimies]Friday, March 26, 2004 12:27 PM Subject: Re: Intro Questions

Misty, I have Polycystic kidney disease, too! That is why I am a vegetarian!

Small world!!!

Take good care

Becky

www.pkdcure.org *

03/25/04 19:05:39

Intro Questions

©2003 LongBraid Designs Original

Guest guest

In an indirect way, it can be related to PCOS, only in that people with Polycystic Kidney Disease are prone to getting cysts in other parts of their body, especially the ovaries and liver. I have also been diagnosed with PCOS. However, having PCOS alone does not make you more prone to the kidney disease- it is genetic. A diseased kidney cannot properly process protein....one should have no more than 60 grams of protein per day, from any source. Also, caffeine causes any cyst to grow much more quickly, so eliminating caffeine is also very important. I had one of my kidneys removed in 1997 (I am only 32 now). I only have one small cyst in my remaining kidney and would like to keep it that way for as long as possible. ;-)

Misty

Guest guest

Hey Misty,

why don't you email off list? chimies

I would like to ask you about your kidney removal operation!!

thanks beck

www.pkdcure.org *

HAPPY SPRING!!!

HAPPY EASTER!!

It is easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song,

but the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when

everything goes dead wrong.

For the test of the heart is trouble,

and it always comes with years,

and the smile that is worth the praises of earth

is the smile that shines through the tears.

~~Irish saying

----

03/26/04 21:41:28

Re: Intro Questions

In an indirect way, it can be related to PCOS, only in that people with Polycystic Kidney Disease are prone to getting cysts in other parts of their body, especially the ovaries and liver. I have also been diagnosed with PCOS. However, having PCOS alone does not make you more prone to the kidney disease- it is genetic. A diseased kidney cannot properly process protein....one should have no more than 60 grams of protein per day, from any source. Also, caffeine causes any cyst to grow much more quickly, so eliminating caffeine is also very important. I had one of my kidneys removed in 1997 (I am only 32 now). I only have one small cyst in my remaining kidney and would like to keep it that way for as long as possible. ;-)

Misty

by Debra Griffith

Guest guest

Misty & Becky... thanks for the replies and info. I REALLY need to look into natural ways to alleviate the PCOS symptoms. I would LOVE to get off the pill. I'm *trying* to go raw but had company, and NOW pneumonia/bronchitis (first time thing for me) so i am backsliding QUICK! It's so easy to fall on old habits during illness and stress... even if old habits might be the root of the problems!

peace

nikki

Misty