IndiaDivine.org

New Member - Morgan - Questionairre

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Questionnaire1) What is your name or what would you like to be called? Morgan2) How old are you (roughly)? 263) Where do you live (city/country)? Santa Barbara area of CA4) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan, or how long have you been interested in cooking vegetarian food?

I've been a vegetarian for about ten years and I love cooking yummy vegetarian foods for my non-vegetarian family and friends.

I've been mostly lacto/ovo, but have gone periods of time as a vegan, or just lacto, or also included tuna in my diet while

I was pregnant with my two girls. 5) What is your favourite food or meal? Well, does chocolate count? :) I guess my favorite meal is veggie pizza - not

exactly LOW FAT...but pizza covered in all kinds of veggies, low fat mozzerella, feta, and parmesan cheese - I mean,

what could be better :)

6) Why did you join the group? I love to cook, and I have two little girl's that I want to grow up healthy

and strong and any delicious, low fat vegetarian meals I can learn to make for them will help them, and all of

my family, with that :) I"m also really interested in nutrition and would love, someday, to go back to school to be

a nutrionist so I could teach people about how healthy the vegetarian diet is! 7) Is there anything specific you want to get out of the group? Just healthy meal ideas really - and it'd be

nice to talk to other vegetarians since i'm the ONLY one around here. 8) Tell us a few of your favourite things. Shopping, running/working out, coffee w/ my girlfriends, shopping,

being with my kids, shopping.... you get the idea. 9) Do you know of any internet sites or other groups which maybe relevant to members?

http://www.fatfree.com http://www.vegkitchen.com 10) Is there anything else you'd like to share with the group? ....can't think of anything :) Thanks for the invite!

Guest guest

Hi Morgan, and welcome to Vegetarian Slimming :=) It's good to have you

here! Well, low fat is what we're about - not *no* fat, of course, just keeping

it

down to a dull roar. Check out our recipes in the Files - I think you might find

some there that are of interest to you ;=) Also, check out the Links! If you

have

any questions, just ask - there's always someone around who'll be happy to

help out :=) We're not a formal group, so now that you've posted, please feel

free to keep doing it!!! *lol*

Best,

Pat :=) (Co-Moderator with Paula)

Guest guest

Thanks Pat :)

I'll definitely check out the recipe section! I get tired of being a short order cook for the husband who doesn't like eating vegetarian food, and the picky kids (5yo and 16mo) - it will be nice to find recipes we can ALL agree on :)

Morgan

-

veggiehound

Sunday, June 06, 2004 5:20 PM

Re: New Member - Morgan - Questionairre

Hi Morgan, and welcome to Vegetarian Slimming :=) It's good to have you here! Well, low fat is what we're about - not *no* fat, of course, just keeping it down to a dull roar. Check out our recipes in the Files - I think you might find some there that are of interest to you ;=) Also, check out the Links! If you have any questions, just ask - there's always someone around who'll be happy to help out :=) We're not a formal group, so now that you've posted, please feel free to keep doing it!!! *lol*Best,Pat :=) (Co-Moderator with Paula)

Guest guest

Well, it might take a little work and more than a little subterfuge on your part

before they all agree ;=) but you'll get there, I promise!

If there's anything in particular you'd like to find, just give a shout if it's

not

there. (Or search the *messages* - there was a change in moderators last

year and I'm afraid all recipes didn't quite make it into the files yet.) and

maybe

one of us will have a recipe that will suit ;=)

Best, Pat ;=)

> I'll definitely check out the recipe section! I get tired of being a short

order

cook for the husband who doesn't like eating vegetarian food, and the picky

kids (5yo and 16mo) - it will be nice to find recipes we can ALL agree on :)