IndiaDivine.org

HEALTH (OT): New Research on Heart Attacks (link)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This was a front-page story in the _Globe and Mail_ (Canada's national daily,

out of Toronto) today. I hesitated to post it cuz it's not really vegetarian

related

as written, although . . . Welllll, see for yourself.

'A landmark Canadian-led study has found that the causes of heart disease

are the same in all people, regardless of age, sex, colour, culture or where

they live.

'The unexpected conclusion, based on research involving nearly 30,000

people in 52 countries, upends the view that gender, genetics, or ethnicity

plays a major role in determining who suffers a heart attack. . . . '

Read further at:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040830.wxheart30/

BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/

If you can't reach it, and if you would like to read it, contact me privately

and I'll

send you the whole thing, okay? I was fascinated. And, forgive the pun,

heartened.

Best,

Pat ;=)

Pat, this is not very private, but you send it to me . Thanks

-

Pat

Monday, August 30, 2004 8:25 PM

HEALTH (OT): New Research on Heart Attacks (link)

This was a front-page story in the _Globe and Mail_ (Canada's national daily, out of Toronto) today. I hesitated to post it cuz it's not really vegetarian related as written, although . . . Welllll, see for yourself.'A landmark Canadian-led study has found that the causes of heart disease are the same in all people, regardless of age, sex, colour, culture or where they live.'The unexpected conclusion, based on research involving nearly 30,000 people in 52 countries, upends the view that gender, genetics, or ethnicity plays a major role in determining who suffers a heart attack. . . . 'Read further at:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040830.wxheart30/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/If you can't reach it, and if you would like to read it, contact me privately and I'll send you the whole thing, okay? I was fascinated. And, forgive the pun, heartened.Best,Pat ;=)

Interesting. I forwarded it on to my mom who is a cardiac rehab nurse to print & plaster on her office walls for her patients. ;)Pat <veggiehound wrote:

This was a front-page story in the _Globe and Mail_ (Canada's national daily, out of Toronto) today. I hesitated to post it cuz it's not really vegetarian related as written, although . . . Welllll, see for yourself.'A landmark Canadian-led study has found that the causes of heart disease are the same in all people, regardless of age, sex, colour, culture or where they live.'The unexpected conclusion, based on research involving nearly 30,000 people in 52 countries, upends the view that gender, genetics, or ethnicity plays a major role in determining who suffers a heart attack. . . . 'Read further at:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040830.wxheart30/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/If you can't reach it, and if

you would like to read it, contact me privately and I'll send you the whole thing, okay? I was fascinated. And, forgive the pun, heartened.Best,Pat ;=)

Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free. Download now.