IndiaDivine.org

Reminder: Sign up for September's Vegetarian Cooking Class

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SEPTEMBER'S VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS -- FOOD TO GO: MEALS FOR SCHOOL, HOME, OR THE OFFICE**Our monthly cooking classes are a testament to the abundance of fabulously delicious, filling, and nutritious food you enjoy when you leave behind the meat and dairy.**The summer is almost over, as students begin to return to school, vacationers return to work, and we all create our meal routines! September's class focuses on "food to go" -- whether we are packing healthful lunches for our children, brown-bagging lunches for the office, or running out the door for a full day of errands. Join us on Saturday September 20th as we whip up: -Sloppy "Joe" (Veggie variation of the old standard!)-Sloppy "Col" (Variation of the variation) :)-Veggie Burritos and Veggie Wraps-Colorful Bean Salad with Brown Rice-Eggless Egg Salad-Light Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon SauceIn addition to what we're actually cooking, we will provide you with a bevy of resources, suggestions, and ideas for plant-based cooking, including lots of ideas for menu-planning, especially for quick and easy meals for lunch or dinner. We'll also be offering a raffle, sponsored by VegNews (www.vegnews.com), the winner of which will receive a wonderful cookbook (my favorite!) The Peaceful Palate by Jennifer Raymond.WHEN: Saturday, September 20th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Directions: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm COST: $30HOW TO SIGN UP: First contact me at compassionatecooks to make sure there is room in the class. Once you let me know that you would like to attend, simply write a check, make it out to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, and put 'cooking class' in the memo field. Mail it to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619. PLEASE NOTE: Because of the logistics involved, you are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until I receive your check. When I receive it, I will send you a confirmation via email. Also, please try to sign up sooner rather than later. Last-minute sign-ups (though sometimes inevitable) are discouraged. :) DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Thursday September 18th PREVIOUS CLASS COMMENTS: I'd like to share some comments from our previous class participants. Here is some feedback from the previous class. (I swear I don't add the exclamation points!) :)"The class was fabulous! I am inspired to cook everyday and become vegan! You are a great teacher -- thank you so much!Thank you so much for another wonderful and extremely informative class! You and your classes have been a fantastic influence on me -- thanks again!The class was great! I'm definitely coming back for more.This was a fun and informative class. As always, wonderful resources."PREVIOUS CLASS RECIPES: http://www.generationv.org/compassionatecooks.htm See you in September! For the animals, Colleen ---------------------Watch "Meet Your Meat" narrated by Alec Baldwin http://www.meetyourmeat.com"All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do?" ~Buddha"How smart do chimpanzees have to be before killing them constitutes murder?" ~Carl Sagan"Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do Something. Anything." ~Sasha Recipes & Cooking Classes: http://www.generationv.org/compassionatecooks.htm