IndiaDivine.org

Brad and the moral high ground Digest Number 407

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, " Lesley Dove " <Lesley@v...> wrote:

>

> I was too close to the truth obviously.

Nope.

> I rest my case.

Rest what you fucking like it's still none of your business.

Guest guest

That was Maynard Clark who copied my post and response from another group. I wasn't even a member of Muslim-Vegetarians!

Brad

-

quercusrobur2002

Monday, July 15, 2002 3:36 PM

Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

, kiwi2000 <kiwi2000@o...> wrote:> Graham,> you are a sneaky one aren't you? I never crossposted anything to the Muslem Vegan/vegetarian . That's a total lie which if you knew anything about how e-mail worked you could see for yourself > by examining the properties of that e-mail. Don't falsely accuse me just to make a point!Go toMuslem Vegetarians Muslim-Vegetarians/ archive;Message 103 of 103.To send an email to -

Guest guest

OK sorry I was so accusing but I really am puzzled.

There are only so many hours in the day/week and it really truly looks to me like you must have to be in two places at one time to be able to do the huge amount of permaculture, etc, activism and all the pub frequenting that you do, as well as working and fitting in doing your fair share of the childcare when you are not working, so that Debby can get a fair amount of her own time.

The maths doesn't compute for me, whichever way I look at it. You must never sleep LOL or else you are like Superman! My husband agrees that it appears pretty impossible unless you have lots of money and a nanny to help so you can do all that and not be leaving Debby to do more than her fair share with the kids!

I did ask you politely once how you managed with fitting it all in, because you seemed to have it all so sorted, I was hoping for some tips for us, at the time you said you would reply properly to me later and you never did, I guess that made me a bit pissed off.

Maybe you just forgot to get back to me, but it felt like you just did not want to advise or help! If I am really so wrong, why can you not share how you combine all that activism with having a family as I have found it very difficult and would love to achieve just a little, and yet I only do very little these days. I was really active before having kids. Ours are pretty lively and wear us both out. I know other parents like Angie who had to (understandably) cut right back on activism when their kids were young, but you seem to go on and on and on like the Duracell Bunny!

I want to get the balance right, and feel a little envious that you seem so capable with organisation of your life.

Just don't know who else to ask for advice, that's all.

Lesley

quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett]15 July 2002 21:16 Subject: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407, "Lesley Dove" <Lesley@v...> wrote:> > I was too close to the truth obviously.Nope.> I rest my case.Rest what you fucking like it's still none of your business.To send an email to -

Guest guest

If you go the Muslim-Vegetarians/members you will see that I just joined today 7/15 to check out what you said.

Maynard copied my post. You jumped the gun on that accusation didn't you?

Brad

-

quercusrobur2002

Monday, July 15, 2002 3:36 PM

Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

, kiwi2000 <kiwi2000@o...> wrote:> Graham,> you are a sneaky one aren't you? I never crossposted anything to the Muslem Vegan/vegetarian . That's a total lie which if you knew anything about how e-mail worked you could see for yourself > by examining the properties of that e-mail. Don't falsely accuse me just to make a point!Go toMuslem Vegetarians Muslim-Vegetarians/ archive;Message 103 of 103.To send an email to -

Guest guest

wot the bloody blazes are you guys on about>???

so, he does a lot of stuff..good fer him

me..

i work 50 + hours a week

garden

go to shows 3 times a week or more

go to the pub

read

sometimes help out with a friends radio show

and a host of other things

every single week

big deal

wots the big argument??

seems like graham is doin pretty damn well fer himself

fraggle

" Lesley Dove " <Lesley wrote:

>

>I was too close to the truth obviously.

>I rest my case.

>

>Lesley

>

>  

>  quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett]

>  15 July 2002 20:50

>  

>  Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

>

>

>  sorry, but i think you are mistaking my personal & family life for

>  something that is any of your business.

>

>  , " Lesley Dove " <Lesley@v...> wrote:

>  >

>  > How do you find time for the kids or does your partner do 99% of

>  that? She

>  > must if you are always off on composting toilets and permaculture

>  stuff the

>  > amount you seem to be, or otherwise you seem to be at the pub! I

>  get a lot

>  > less activist stuff done since having kids, the same goes for

>  having a

>  > social life, but that's the way it is, we don't leave it all to

>  one of us. I

>  > wouldn't go off and leave the kids all to Paul for long and vice

>  versa

>  > (except when he is at work of course), I definitely get the

>  impression that

>  > you leave Debby to do nearly all the hands on work taking care of

>  the kids.

>  > When does she get to go off and do her own thing without the

>  kids?? It

>  > sounds a bit unequal to me!

>

>

>  and that is

>

>

>        

Guest guest

Hey! My name is in the topic but this has nothing to do with me.

Fraggle, it sounds awfully suspicious that you can do all this stuff. There must be more than

one of you. Admit it! Maybe three of you. Please submit a moment by moment account

of what you do all the time and have it notarized by the Vegan Accountability Bureau in triplicate.

Any gaps or transgressions will be duly noted and will add to your already considerable time spent

in vegan purgatory where you will stuffed with White Castle hamburgers and Hostess Twinkees

(with the cream filling) until all your sins are atoned for or you barf, whichever comes first.

-

EBbrewpunx

Monday, July 15, 2002 5:17 PM

RE: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

wot the bloody blazes are you guys on about>???so, he does a lot of stuff..good fer himme..i work 50 + hours a weekgardengo to shows 3 times a week or morego to the pubreadsometimes help out with a friends radio showand a host of other thingsevery single weekbig dealwots the big argument??seems like graham is doin pretty damn well fer himselffraggle"Lesley Dove" <Lesley wrote:>>I was too close to the truth obviously.>I rest my case.>>Lesley>> > quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett]> 15 July 2002 20:50> > Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>> sorry, but i think you are mistaking my personal & family life for> something that is any of your business.>> , "Lesley Dove" <Lesley@v...> wrote:> >> > How do you find time for the kids or does your partner do 99% of> that? She> > must if you are always off on composting toilets and permaculture> stuff the> > amount you seem to be, or otherwise you seem to be at the pub! I> get a lot> > less activist stuff done since having kids, the same goes for> having a> > social life, but that's the way it is, we don't leave it all to> one of us. I> > wouldn't go off and leave the kids all to Paul for long and vice> versa> > (except when he is at work of course), I definitely get the> impression that> > you leave Debby to do nearly all the hands on work taking care of> the kids.> > When does she get to go off and do her own thing without the> kids?? It> > sounds a bit unequal to me!>>> and that is>>>

Guest guest

It's completely different for you. You don't have kids, Graham has 4 of them so how does he do it and not leave all the childcare work to his partner, that is all I am asking.

Graham can stand up for himself just fine, he doesn't need you to have a go at me too.

I'm just trying to understand how it works, when apart from when kids are in school they need one or other parent there at all times, and some of his are still quite young, only one is a teenager I think.

Lesley

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]15 July 2002 22:17 Subject: RE: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407wot the bloody blazes are you guys on about>???so, he does a lot of stuff..good fer himme..i work 50 + hours a weekgardengo to shows 3 times a week or morego to the pubreadsometimes help out with a friends radio showand a host of other thingsevery single weekbig dealwots the big argument??seems like graham is doin pretty damn well fer himselffraggle"Lesley Dove" <Lesley wrote:>>I was too close to the truth obviously.>I rest my case.>>Lesley>> > quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett]> 15 July 2002 20:50> > Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>> sorry, but i think you are mistaking my personal & family life for> something that is any of your business.>> , "Lesley Dove" <Lesley@v...> wrote:> >> > How do you find time for the kids or does your partner do 99% of> that? She> > must if you are always off on composting toilets and permaculture> stuff the> > amount you seem to be, or otherwise you seem to be at the pub! I> get a lot> > less activist stuff done since having kids, the same goes for> having a> > social life, but that's the way it is, we don't leave it all to> one of us. I> > wouldn't go off and leave the kids all to Paul for long and vice> versa> > (except when he is at work of course), I definitely get the> impression that> > you leave Debby to do nearly all the hands on work taking care of> the kids.> > When does she get to go off and do her own thing without the> kids?? It> > sounds a bit unequal to me!>>> and that is>>>

Guest guest

i'm not havin a go at you lesley...

i'm just confused why anyone would question him about his lifestyle..not like

he's out feedin babies into ablender er something..seems to me he is doing very

well fer himself...

thats all

fraggle

" Lesley Dove " <Lesley wrote:

>

>It's completely different for you. You don't have kids, Graham has 4 of them

>so how does he do it and not leave all the childcare work to his partner,

>that is all I am asking.

>Graham can stand up for himself just fine, he doesn't need you to have a go

>at me too.

>I'm just trying to understand how it works, when apart from when kids are in

>school they need one or other parent there at all times, and some of his are

>still quite young, only one is a teenager I think.

>

>Lesley

>

>  

>  EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]

>  15 July 2002 22:17

>  

>  RE: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number

>407

>

>

>  wot the bloody blazes are you guys on about>???

>  so, he does a lot of stuff..good fer him

>  me..

>  i work 50 + hours a week

>  garden

>  go to shows 3 times a week or more

>  go to the pub

>  read

>  sometimes help out with a friends radio show

>  and a host of other things

>  every single week

>  big deal

>  wots the big argument??

>  seems like graham is doin pretty damn well fer himself

>  fraggle

>

>

>   " Lesley Dove " <Lesley wrote:

>

>  >

>  >I was too close to the truth obviously.

>  >I rest my case.

>  >

>  >Lesley

>  >

>  >  

>  >  quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett]

>  >  15 July 2002 20:50

>  >  

>  >  Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number

>407

>  >

>  >

>  >  sorry, but i think you are mistaking my personal & family life for

>  >  something that is any of your business.

>  >

>  >  , " Lesley Dove " <Lesley@v...> wrote:

>  >  >

>  >  > How do you find time for the kids or does your partner do 99% of

>  >  that? She

>  >  > must if you are always off on composting toilets and permaculture

>  >  stuff the

>  >  > amount you seem to be, or otherwise you seem to be at the pub! I

>  >  get a lot

>  >  > less activist stuff done since having kids, the same goes for

>  >  having a

>  >  > social life, but that's the way it is, we don't leave it all to

>  >  one of us. I

>  >  > wouldn't go off and leave the kids all to Paul for long and vice

>  >  versa

>  >  > (except when he is at work of course), I definitely get the

>  >  impression that

>  >  > you leave Debby to do nearly all the hands on work taking care of

>  >  the kids.

>  >  > When does she get to go off and do her own thing without the

>  >  kids?? It

>  >  > sounds a bit unequal to me!

>  >

>  >

>  >  and that is

>  >

>  >

>  >        

Guest guest

I don't think he or his partner have extended family to babysit either but I might be wrong on that, I know he said once that the teenage daughter occasionally looks after the younger ones for them to get a night out together. I'm not doing this to be nosey, I just want some tips on how to be as organised as Graham and Debby!

Just give me a break fraggle, I have a baby who still wakes at night, I'm exhausted, and have two others who are a real handful. My husband and I don't get to do much, I'm determined to get my life back a bit for myself once they are older though.

I'm also worrying about the long Summer holidays which are starting soon, coping with all three of mine all day long during the week, with no respite for me for 10-11 hours a day while my husband is at work, including travel time there and back.

I get no break from the baby all day as it is (apart from when she has a nap) but just having one to look after is OK while the older two are at school.

Kids, love them but can do without them sometimes. Summer hols are really hard work for me.

Lesley

Lesley Dove [Lesley]15 July 2002 23:20 Subject: RE: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

It's completely different for you. You don't have kids, Graham has 4 of them so how does he do it and not leave all the childcare work to his partner, that is all I am asking.

Graham can stand up for himself just fine, he doesn't need you to have a go at me too.

I'm just trying to understand how it works, when apart from when kids are in school they need one or other parent there at all times, and some of his are still quite young, only one is a teenager I think.

Lesley

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]15 July 2002 22:17 Subject: RE: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407wot the bloody blazes are you guys on about>???so, he does a lot of stuff..good fer himme..i work 50 + hours a weekgardengo to shows 3 times a week or morego to the pubreadsometimes help out with a friends radio showand a host of other thingsevery single weekbig dealwots the big argument??seems like graham is doin pretty damn well fer himselffraggle"Lesley Dove" <Lesley wrote:>>I was too close to the truth obviously.>I rest my case.>>Lesley>> > quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett]> 15 July 2002 20:50> > Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>> sorry, but i think you are mistaking my personal & family life for> something that is any of your business.>> , "Lesley Dove" <Lesley@v...> wrote:> >> > How do you find time for the kids or does your partner do 99% of> that? She> > must if you are always off on composting toilets and permaculture> stuff the> > amount you seem to be, or otherwise you seem to be at the pub! I> get a lot> > less activist stuff done since having kids, the same goes for> having a> > social life, but that's the way it is, we don't leave it all to> one of us. I> > wouldn't go off and leave the kids all to Paul for long and vice> versa> > (except when he is at work of course), I definitely get the> impression that> > you leave Debby to do nearly all the hands on work taking care of> the kids.> > When does she get to go off and do her own thing without the> kids?? It> > sounds a bit unequal to me!>>> and that is>>>