IndiaDivine.org

Brad and the moral high ground Digest Number 407

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

AH! *That* would explain why Sioxsie Sioux was hanging out with the Sex Pistols -- I was wondering about that...She is so fabulous, I can't stand it....

-- jojo

-

Peter

Tuesday, July 16, 2002 2:19 PM

Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

Hi Fraggle> yer not helping me here....> wots a tyketto?> an italian tyke?Actually, it's a piece of grafitti on a wall in Japan! :-)Tyketto were a melodic rock band, fronted by Danny Vaughn who used to singin Waysted. Waysted had been formed by Pete Way of UFO after they split upfor the 93rd time, and after a very short lived band called FastWay with"Fast" Eddie Clark of Motorhead fame. UFO were pretty big in the 1970s and1980s - for a while Michael Schenker was their guitarist. Michael Schenkeralso played with the Scorpions for a while, and now plays in MSG (TheMichael Schenker Group). When Michael Schenker left UFO for about the 64thtime, he was replaced by Paul Chapman, who had previously played in a groupcalled LoneStar. The Drummer in LoneStar was Dixie Lee, who later played ina group called Wild Horses with Jimmy Bain. Jimmy Bain played in Rainbow,and is currently in Ronnie Dio's group. Before Rainbow, Ronnie Dio was inElf with Mark Nauseef who later played with Thin Lizzy. Another brief memberof Thin Lizzy was Midge Ure, who, aside from Ultravox, also played in apart-time group called Visage with Barry Adamson and Dave Formula ofMagazine. John McGeoch was also in Magazine before joining Siouxsie & TheBanshees, and in the original line up of the Banshees was a certain SidVicious, who rapidly left the group to form a little known group called theSex Pistols.Does that help!!!???BBPeter---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

And...umm...Robin Hitchcock's work is inspired by Syd Barrett. Okay, that was pretty random, but I was feeling very inadequate by all these people knowing tons more about this stuff than I do :(

-- jojo (who can recall the name of the band that played just about any cheesy, 80's new wave song, but isn't much good with old school punk and hard rock...)

-

Peter

Tuesday, July 16, 2002 3:38 PM

Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

Hi Fraggle> except sid didn't form the pistols..he replaced glenn matlockDamn - I knew I shouldn't have done that from memory!> surprised you didn't mention alcatraz er pinkfloyd in there...Well, I don't know if you're talking about the same Alcatrazz, but there wasa group with that name which Yngwie J. Malmsteen played in - and, of course,Cozy Powell played with Yngwie and with Rainbow. Didn't one of Pink Floydplay briefly with PIL? If not, then Syd Barrett came briefly out of hidingto play in a group called Stars in 1972 with Twink Alder of Pink Fairies.Larry Wallis of Motorhead also played with Pink Fairies, and Eddie Clarke ofMotorhead played with Pete Way in Fast Way. Hows that?BBPeter---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

sioxsie was part of the bromley contingent, along with billy idol, which were

fans of the sex pistols, and later they all formed bands....

fraggle

" jojo " <tofujojo wrote:

>AH!  *That* would explain why Sioxsie Sioux was hanging out with the Sex

Pistols -- I was wondering about that...She is so fabulous, I can't stand it....

>

Guest guest

Fraggle

I know that Mikael Akerfeld (?sp) from one of my favourite bands, Opeth,

works in a record store to make ends meet.

Jo

> and, of course,

> >Cozy Powell played with Yngwie and with Rainbow

>

> oh yes..of course...

> *looks confused*

>

> i think i need a nap again...so, who is sleepin with whom again...

> all this rock band stuff has confused me to no end...

> how many now work as convience store clerks?

> :)

> fraggle

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>