IndiaDivine.org

fraggle's garden was Brad and the moral high ground Digest Number 407

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i don't know if i need to..its gonna spread over half my tiny yard i think...

night of the living borage..in technicolor...

plus, here in the bay area, things seem to do rather well all year round,

depending on wot it is..i've still got mustards growing that i planted last

fall...they just won't quit!!

:)

fraggle

" jojo " <tofujojo wrote:

>Can you eat raspberry leaves, too?  I love blue flowers, btw.  Delphinium are

my favorite.  Not very edible, tho' I would imagine.  And they are difficult to

grow and get really tall so I've never attempted to grow them myself.  Borage

sounds like something pretty darned handy to have around -- you should freeze

some just in case you need it next winter.

>

>-- jojo

>  -

>  EBbrewpunx

>  

>  Tuesday, July 16, 2002 8:16 AM

>  Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number

>

>

>  borage is a herb plant..thick green leaves, has soft blue flowers...

>  the leaves are suppose to have a cucumber flavor, but, i have a problem

getting past the hairs on em...its sorta like eating rasberry leaves...all

fuzzy...

>  the flowers are suppose to be good in tea

>  me, i'm growin it cuz its easy, and spreads..need something to give the

nasturtiums a run fer there money

>  :)

>  borage also is suppose to be an anti-inflammatory, helps the adrenal glands,

and supposedly helps nursing mums...oh, and is an expectorant...

>  fraggle

>

>   " jojo " <tofujojo wrote:

>

>  >>>not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink<<

>  >

>  >Not bad at all!  What is borage, btw?

>  >

>  >-- jojo

>  >

>  >

>  >  -

>  >  EBbrewpunx

>  >  

>  >  Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:26 AM

>  >  Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number

>  >

>  >

>  >

>  >  wth lil beers all in a row..

>  >

>  >  umm

>  >  at the moment

>  >  zucchini

>  >  several varieties of tomatoes

>  >  mustards

>  >  basil(at least 4 varities)

>  >  assorted beans and peas

>  >  oregano

>  >  thyme

>  >  radishes

>  >  moon and stars melons

>  >  borage

>  >  nasturtiums

>  >  sunflowers

>  >  strawberries

>  >  blackberries

>  >  and lotsa flowers and such...

>  >  not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink

>  >  fraggle

>  >  >fraggle, fraggle

>  >  >quite contraggle

>  >  >how does your garden grow?

>  >  >

>  >  >What type of stuff do you grow in your garden?

>  >  >

>  >  >-- jojo

>  >  >

>  >

>  >        

Guest guest

Jojo

I love blue flowers too. Some years the fields are full of blue flax, which sways in the wind like the sea - beautiful.

Jo

Can you eat raspberry leaves, too? I love blue flowers, btw. Delphinium are my favorite. Not very edible, tho' I would imagine. And they are difficult to grow and get really tall so I've never attempted to grow them myself. Borage sounds like something pretty darned handy to have around -- you should freeze some just in case you need it next winter.

-- jojo

-

EBbrewpunx

Tuesday, July 16, 2002 8:16 AM

Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

borage is a herb plant..thick green leaves, has soft blue flowers...the leaves are suppose to have a cucumber flavor, but, i have a problem getting past the hairs on em...its sorta like eating rasberry leaves...all fuzzy...the flowers are suppose to be good in teame, i'm growin it cuz its easy, and spreads..need something to give the nasturtiums a run fer there money:)borage also is suppose to be an anti-inflammatory, helps the adrenal glands, and supposedly helps nursing mums...oh, and is an expectorant...fraggle"jojo" <tofujojo wrote:>>>not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink<<>>Not bad at all! What is borage, btw?>>-- jojo>>> -> EBbrewpunx > Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:26 AM> Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>>> wth lil beers all in a row..>> umm> at the moment> zucchini> several varieties of tomatoes> mustards> basil(at least 4 varities)> assorted beans and peas> oregano> thyme> radishes> moon and stars melons> borage> nasturtiums> sunflowers> strawberries> blackberries> and lotsa flowers and such...> not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink> fraggle> >fraggle, fraggle> >quite contraggle> >how does your garden grow?> >> >What type of stuff do you grow in your garden?> >> >-- jojo> >>>

Guest guest

Do you get frosts there Fraggle?

Jo (didn't pay attention in Geography lessons either)

> plus, here in the bay area, things seem to do rather well all year round,

depending on wot it is..i've still got mustards growing that i planted last

fall...they just won't quit!!

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

Guest guest

Can you eat raspberry leaves, too? I love blue flowers, btw. Delphinium are my favorite. Not very edible, tho' I would imagine. And they are difficult to grow and get really tall so I've never attempted to grow them myself. Borage sounds like something pretty darned handy to have around -- you should freeze some just in case you need it next winter.

-- jojo

-

EBbrewpunx

borage is a herb plant..thick green leaves, has soft blue flowers...the leaves are suppose to have a cucumber flavor, but, i have a problem getting past the hairs on em...its sorta like eating rasberry leaves...all fuzzy...the flowers are suppose to be good in teame, i'm growin it cuz its easy, and spreads..need something to give the nasturtiums a run fer there money:)borage also is suppose to be an anti-inflammatory, helps the adrenal glands, and supposedly helps nursing mums...oh, and is an expectorant...fraggle"jojo" <tofujojo wrote:>>>not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink<<>>Not bad at all! What is borage, btw?>>-- jojo>>> -> EBbrewpunx > Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:26 AM> Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>>> wth lil beers all in a row..>> umm> at the moment> zucchini> several varieties of tomatoes> mustards> basil(at least 4 varities)> assorted beans and peas> oregano> thyme> radishes> moon and stars melons> borage> nasturtiums> sunflowers> strawberries> blackberries> and lotsa flowers and such...> not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink> fraggle> >fraggle, fraggle> >quite contraggle> >how does your garden grow?> >> >What type of stuff do you grow in your garden?> >> >-- jojo> >>>

Guest guest

maybe once er twice a winter

and then we all ferak out and everyone screams

very rarely it will snow, but it never sticks, just some large lumps fall from

the sky

and we scream some more

generally its warm til october..then it will chill out toward the end of

november...december thru feb. can be chilly, tho, it rarely goes below

freezing...

fraggle

" Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>Do you get frosts there Fraggle?

>

>Jo (didn't pay attention in Geography lessons either)

>

>> plus, here in the bay area, things seem to do rather well all year round,

>depending on wot it is..i've still got mustards growing that i planted last

>fall...they just won't quit!!

>

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

Sounds good for growing. Our weather is changing. We had only six frosts

last winter.

Jo

>

> maybe once er twice a winter

> and then we all ferak out and everyone screams

>

> very rarely it will snow, but it never sticks, just some large lumps fall

from the sky

> and we scream some more

> generally its warm til october..then it will chill out toward the end of

november...december thru feb. can be chilly, tho, it rarely goes below

freezing...

> fraggle

>

> " Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>

> >Do you get frosts there Fraggle?

> >

> >Jo (didn't pay attention in Geography lessons either)

> >

> >> plus, here in the bay area, things seem to do rather well all year

round,

> >depending on wot it is..i've still got mustards growing that i planted

last

> >fall...they just won't quit!!

> >

> >

> >

> >---

> >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> >Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

> >

> >

> >

> >To send an email to -

> >

> >

Guest guest

global warming will just make it weirder everywhere..colder in some spots,

warmer others...droughts, floods, stronger storms

wot scares me...if global warming affects the gulf stream...if that changes

direction, you folks are all screwed...

fraggle

>Sounds good for growing.  Our weather is changing.  We had only six frosts

>last winter.

>

>Jo

>

>

>>

Guest guest

Damn, I forgot your in the land of no seasons...

Silly jojo.

-

EBbrewpunx

Tuesday, July 16, 2002 9:10 AM

Re: fraggle's garden was Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

i don't know if i need to..its gonna spread over half my tiny yard i think...night of the living borage..in technicolor...plus, here in the bay area, things seem to do rather well all year round, depending on wot it is..i've still got mustards growing that i planted last fall...they just won't quit!!:)fraggle"jojo" <tofujojo wrote:>Can you eat raspberry leaves, too? I love blue flowers, btw. Delphinium are my favorite. Not very edible, tho' I would imagine. And they are difficult to grow and get really tall so I've never attempted to grow them myself. Borage sounds like something pretty darned handy to have around -- you should freeze some just in case you need it next winter.>>-- jojo> -> EBbrewpunx > Tuesday, July 16, 2002 8:16 AM> Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>> borage is a herb plant..thick green leaves, has soft blue flowers...> the leaves are suppose to have a cucumber flavor, but, i have a problem getting past the hairs on em...its sorta like eating rasberry leaves...all fuzzy...> the flowers are suppose to be good in tea> me, i'm growin it cuz its easy, and spreads..need something to give the nasturtiums a run fer there money> :)> borage also is suppose to be an anti-inflammatory, helps the adrenal glands, and supposedly helps nursing mums...oh, and is an expectorant...> fraggle>> "jojo" <tofujojo wrote:>> >>>not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink<<> >> >Not bad at all! What is borage, btw?> >> >-- jojo> >> >> > -> > EBbrewpunx > > > Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:26 AM> > Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407> >> >> >> > wth lil beers all in a row..> >> > umm> > at the moment> > zucchini> > several varieties of tomatoes> > mustards> > basil(at least 4 varities)> > assorted beans and peas> > oregano> > thyme> > radishes> > moon and stars melons> > borage> > nasturtiums> > sunflowers> > strawberries> > blackberries> > and lotsa flowers and such...> > not bad fer a yard a grounded butterfly could cross in about a blink> > fraggle> > >fraggle, fraggle> > >quite contraggle> > >how does your garden grow?> > >> > >What type of stuff do you grow in your garden?> > >> > >-- jojo> > >> >> >

Guest guest

Wow! That sounds beautiful, Jo.

We get chicory here that grows wild along the roads -- I've seen it in Maryland, too. It smells neat, too, if I recall correctly. It's not as impressive as what you are describing, tho'...

jojo

-

Heartwork

Tuesday, July 16, 2002 11:30 AM

Re: fraggle's garden was Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407

Jojo

I love blue flowers too. Some years the fields are full of blue flax, which sways in the wind like the sea - beautiful.

Jo

-- jojo

-

EBbrewpunx

Guest guest

That sounds good too Jojo. Are the flowers blue. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think we grow chicory here. It's supposed to be very good for you.

Jo

We get chicory here that grows wild along the roads -- I've seen it in Maryland, too. It smells neat, too, if I recall correctly. It's not as impressive as what you are describing, tho'...

jojo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

Guest guest

hahahaah

actually, chickory is native to england ....

its an introduced " weed " here

the leaves are edible..the roots can be ground up and used as a coffee

substitute...the roots and shoots can be blanched and served like endive

ummmmmm

probably a bunch more uses that have escaped me brain this morn

cheers

fraggle

>That sounds good too Jojo.  Are the flowers blue.  I could be completely wrong,

but I don't think we grow chicory here.  It's supposed to be very good for you.

>

>Jo

>

>  Wow!  That sounds beautiful, Jo.

>

>  We get chicory here that grows wild along the roads -- I've seen it in

Maryland, too.  It smells neat, too, if I recall correctly.  It's not as

impressive as what you are describing, tho'...

>

>  jojo

>

>

>

>    ---

>    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>    Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

>

Guest guest

ummm

nuthin to be impressed about jojo

i didn't do anything

now, sittin in a tree fer a year so it don't get cut down, thats impressive,

walking across a continent, thats impressive...

be well

fraggle

" jojo " <tofujojo wrote:

>Wow!  I am so impressed right now, fraggle...

>

>Here I am all like, " wheee! The flowers are really pur-ty " (imagine jojo

mocking self with teeth bucked...)

>

>(sigh)

>

>jojo

>  -

>  EBbrewpunx

>  

>  Wednesday, July 17, 2002 8:20 AM

>  Re: fraggle's garden was Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re:

Digest Number 407

>

>

>

>  hahahaah

>  actually, chickory is native to england ....

>  its an introduced " weed " here

>  the leaves are edible..the roots can be ground up and used as a coffee

substitute...the roots and shoots can be blanched and served like endive

>  ummmmmm

>  probably a bunch more uses that have escaped me brain this morn

>  cheers

>  fraggle

>

>   " Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>

>  >That sounds good too Jojo.  Are the flowers blue.  I could be completely

wrong, but I don't think we grow chicory here.  It's supposed to be very good

for you.

>  >

>  >Jo

>  >

>  >  Wow!  That sounds beautiful, Jo.

>  >

>  >  We get chicory here that grows wild along the roads -- I've seen it in

Maryland, too.  It smells neat, too, if I recall correctly.  It's not as

impressive as what you are describing, tho'...

>  >

>  >  jojo

>  >

>  >

>  >

>  >    ---

>  >    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>  >    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>  >    Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

>  >

>

>        

Guest guest

Yeah -- a really lovely pale, violet-blue. Very pretty.

-- jojo

-

Heartwork

Wednesday, July 17, 2002 7:51 AM

That sounds good too Jojo. Are the flowers blue. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think we grow chicory here. It's supposed to be very good for you.

Jo

jojo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

Wow! I am so impressed right now, fraggle...

Here I am all like, "wheee! The flowers are really pur-ty" (imagine jojo mocking self with teeth bucked...)

(sigh)

jojo

-

EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, July 17, 2002 8:20 AM

hahahaahactually, chickory is native to england ....its an introduced "weed" herethe leaves are edible..the roots can be ground up and used as a coffee substitute...the roots and shoots can be blanched and served like endiveummmmmmprobably a bunch more uses that have escaped me brain this morncheersfraggle"Heartwork" <Heartwork wrote:>That sounds good too Jojo. Are the flowers blue. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think we grow chicory here. It's supposed to be very good for you.>>Jo>> Wow! That sounds beautiful, Jo.>> We get chicory here that grows wild along the roads -- I've seen it in Maryland, too. It smells neat, too, if I recall correctly. It's not as impressive as what you are describing, tho'...>> jojo>>>> ---> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).> Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02>To send an email to -

Guest guest

Knowledge is impressive, too.

So there, pppthhhhhhhhbbbbbbbbbbbb!

-- jojo

-

EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, July 17, 2002 9:24 AM

ummmnuthin to be impressed about jojoi didn't do anythingnow, sittin in a tree fer a year so it don't get cut down, thats impressive, walking across a continent, thats impressive...be wellfraggle"jojo" <tofujojo wrote:>Wow! I am so impressed right now, fraggle...>>Here I am all like, "wheee! The flowers are really pur-ty" (imagine jojo mocking self with teeth bucked...)>>(sigh)>>jojo> -> EBbrewpunx > Wednesday, July 17, 2002 8:20 AM> Re: fraggle's garden was Re: Brad and the moral high ground Re: Digest Number 407>>>> hahahaah> actually, chickory is native to england ....> its an introduced "weed" here> the leaves are edible..the roots can be ground up and used as a coffee substitute...the roots and shoots can be blanched and served like endive> ummmmmm> probably a bunch more uses that have escaped me brain this morn> cheers> fraggle>> "Heartwork" <Heartwork wrote:>> >That sounds good too Jojo. Are the flowers blue. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think we grow chicory here. It's supposed to be very good for you.> >> >Jo> >> > Wow! That sounds beautiful, Jo.> >> > We get chicory here that grows wild along the roads -- I've seen it in Maryland, too. It smells neat, too, if I recall correctly. It's not as impressive as what you are describing, tho'...> >> > jojo> >> >> >> > ---> > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.> > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).> > Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02> >>>