IndiaDivine.org

Healthy Diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Werner

Don't you get bored eating all those salads and steamed veggies all the time? I gave up on the rawfood diet because it made me so miserable! You said you don't eat any fats, salt, sugar or grains? That's hard. Potatoes don't make me put on weight because I don't eat them with protein (meat). Potatoes actually help me lose weight, pasta too. I love eating salads and fruits and I do love a healthy diet, but I can't eat a restrictive one anymore - there's more to life than that!!!

Love, Janey

Hi Fraggle,

forget about that crap of "as we age, metabolism drops". It all depends on what you eat. At age 55 and 5"6", I weigh a steady 139 lbs. I eat only fruits and vegies ... no fat, no salt, no sugar and no grains. And I eat a huge volumn of food. My salad comes in a punch bowl and my steamed veggies come in a two quart bowl. And I eat nothing but fruits in the mean time.

I found that things like corn or potatoes are good for weight gain. So are bananas, which I eat only in the Winter, since they are to heavy for this hot weather. Now is the season for watermelons and berries. I also eat lots of grapes and cherries. Remember ... fat makes you fat. And that includes oils which are added to salads and other foods.

I get a belly too after eating my monster salad, but it's gone a couple of hours later ...

In health .... Werner.

----

ok...sooo unfair..i gained weight when i went veggiei weighed 119 lbs in 1989....add a few pounds to that today..like 40...grrrrrrrand where this belly thing come from? i didn't sign up fer this..granted, i know, as we age, metabolism drops like a stone, but i didn't think i'd feel like i was eating stones...gained 20 lbs last yr...*sobs into paws*fraggle*pats belly*

Guest guest

Hi Janey,

I agree with you on the not being able to eat a restrictive diet. But with all the food I eat, I don't consider my diet restrictive at all. You're right about potatoes not causing weight gain, especially if you eat them plain. But right now they are to heavy for me in this hot weather. Come Winter, I'll probably be eating them again, too. And no, I don't get tired of my salads and steamed veggies ... they are the highlight of my day and I look forward to them. After eating my monster salad and the steamed veggies, there isn't room left in me for anything else and I go to bed and sleep like a baby. Wife keeps wondering how I can sleep with all that food in. Doesn't seem to bother me at all. I'm eating this way for my health and it seems to work for me. I would expect anyone else to be able to eat this way. I think we each have to find our own way. But I have to admit, I did learn alot from my raw food experience.

In health ... Werner.

----

Tuesday, July 23, 2002 2:33:41 AM

Healthy Diet

Hi Werner

Don't you get bored eating all those salads and steamed veggies all the time? I gave up on the rawfood diet because it made me so miserable! You said you don't eat any fats, salt, sugar or grains? That's hard. Potatoes don't make me put on weight because I don't eat them with protein (meat). Potatoes actually help me lose weight, pasta too. I love eating salads and fruits and I do love a healthy diet, but I can't eat a restrictive one anymore - there's more to life than that!!!

Love, Janey

Hi Fraggle,

forget about that crap of "as we age, metabolism drops". It all depends on what you eat. At age 55 and 5"6", I weigh a steady 139 lbs. I eat only fruits and vegies ... no fat, no salt, no sugar and no grains. And I eat a huge volumn of food. My salad comes in a punch bowl and my steamed veggies come in a two quart bowl. And I eat nothing but fruits in the mean time.

I found that things like corn or potatoes are good for weight gain. So are bananas, which I eat only in the Winter, since they are to heavy for this hot weather. Now is the season for watermelons and berries. I also eat lots of grapes and cherries. Remember ... fat makes you fat. And that includes oils which are added to salads and other foods.

I get a belly too after eating my monster salad, but it's gone a couple of hours later ...

In health .... Werner.

----

ok...sooo unfair..i gained weight when i went veggiei weighed 119 lbs in 1989....add a few pounds to that today..like 40...grrrrrrrand where this belly thing come from? i didn't sign up fer this..granted, i know, as we age, metabolism drops like a stone, but i didn't think i'd feel like i was eating stones...gained 20 lbs last yr...*sobs into paws*fraggle*pats belly*

Guest guest

Hiya Werner

Yes, I learnt a lot from my rawfood experience too. I am still fascinated by it all and still attend all the events - Dr Doug's, David Wolfe's, Paul Nison's etc, etc. However, it wasn't for me. I was so miserable. As soon as I decided to eat *normally* again my mood brightened!

I know you eat the way you do because of health reasons, but if you hadn't had that shock, would you have happily continued to eat the way you did? I guess in the back of your mind you *know* you have to eat this way, so that kind of spurs you on. I haven't had a health worry, but I just love eating healthily. Rawfood is much better for you and I still eat a lot of it - I just need the added variety of other foodstuffs too. :-)

Love, Janey

x

-

Werner

Tuesday, July 23, 2002 11:05 AM

Re: Healthy Diet

Hi Janey,

I agree with you on the not being able to eat a restrictive diet. But with all the food I eat, I don't consider my diet restrictive at all. You're right about potatoes not causing weight gain, especially if you eat them plain. But right now they are to heavy for me in this hot weather. Come Winter, I'll probably be eating them again, too. And no, I don't get tired of my salads and steamed veggies ... they are the highlight of my day and I look forward to them. After eating my monster salad and the steamed veggies, there isn't room left in me for anything else and I go to bed and sleep like a baby. Wife keeps wondering how I can sleep with all that food in. Doesn't seem to bother me at all. I'm eating this way for my health and it seems to work for me. I would expect anyone else to be able to eat this way. I think we each have to find our own way. But I have to admit, I did learn alot from my raw food experience.

In health ... Werner.

----

Tuesday, July 23, 2002 2:33:41 AM

Healthy Diet

Hi Werner

Love, Janey

Hi Fraggle,

In health .... Werner.

----

Guest guest

and i would love to have you continue to tell us all the great things about yer

raw diet!!!

" Werner " <mejda6 wrote:

>Hi Janey,

>

>I agree with you on the not being able to eat a restrictive diet.  But with

>all the food I eat, I don't consider my diet restrictive at all.  You're

>right about potatoes not causing weight gain, especially if you eat them

>plain.  But right now they are to heavy for me in this hot weather.  Come

>Winter, I'll probably be eating them again, too.  And no, I don't get tired

>of my salads and steamed veggies ... they are the highlight of my day and I

>look forward to them.  After eating my monster salad and the steamed veggies

> there isn't room left in me for anything else and I go to bed and sleep

>like a baby.  Wife keeps wondering how I can sleep with all that food in.

>Doesn't seem to bother me at all.  I'm eating this way for my health and it

>seems to work for me.  I would expect anyone else to be able to eat this way

>  I think we each have to find our own way.  But I have to admit, I did

>learn alot from my raw food experience.

>

>In health ... Werner.

>

>

>

>----

>

>

>

>

>

>Tuesday, July 23, 2002 2:33:41 AM

>

>

>

> Healthy Diet

>

>

>

>

>

>Hi Werner

>

>

>

>Don't you get bored eating all those salads and steamed veggies all the

>time?  I gave up on the rawfood diet because it made me so miserable!  You

>said you don't eat any fats, salt, sugar or grains? That's hard.  Potatoes

>don't make me put on weight because I don't eat them with protein (meat).

>Potatoes actually help me lose weight, pasta too.  I love eating salads and

>fruits and I do love a healthy diet, but I can't eat a restrictive one

>anymore - there's more to life than that!!!

>

>

>

>Love, Janey

>

>

>

>

>

>Hi Fraggle,

>

>forget about that crap of " as we age, metabolism drops " .  It all depends on

>what you eat.  At age 55 and 5 " 6 " , I weigh a steady 139 lbs.  I eat only

>fruits and vegies ... no fat, no salt, no sugar and no grains.  And I eat a

>huge volumn of food.  My salad comes in a punch bowl and my steamed veggies

>come in a two quart bowl.  And I eat nothing but fruits in the mean time.

>

>I found that things like corn or potatoes are good for weight gain.  So are

>bananas, which I eat only in the Winter, since they are to heavy for this

>hot weather.  Now is the season for watermelons and berries.  I also eat

>lots of grapes and cherries.  Remember ... fat makes you fat.  And that

>includes oils which are added to salads and other foods.

>

>I get a belly too after eating my monster salad, but it's gone a couple of

>hours later ...

>

>In health .... Werner.

>

>

>

>----

>

>

>

>

>

>ok...sooo unfair..

>

>i gained weight when i went veggie

>

>i weighed 119 lbs in 1989....

>

>add a few pounds to that today..like 40...grrrrrrr

>

>and where this belly thing come from? i didn't sign up fer this..

>

>granted, i know, as we age, metabolism drops  like a stone, but i didn't

>think i'd feel like i was eating stones...

>

>gained 20 lbs last yr...

>

>*sobs into paws*

>

>fraggle

>

>*pats belly*

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Well Fraggle,

one of the best things about the raw diet was that my weight dropped all the way down to 113 lbs. Then last March, I got the worst case of shingles ... lots of burning and pain. That's about the time I decided to eat some cooked things along with my raw things. I feel better now and my weight is at 139 lbs. Like I said ... not everything works for everybody. Each person must find his own path and journey.

In Health ... Werner.

----

and i would love to have you continue to tell us all the great things about yer raw diet!!!To send an email to -