IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: UPDATE: FW: Ginger Kathrens Message: I think we can do it, we just have to do it together

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Elizabeth Forel <elizforel

elizforel

Tue, Sep 8, 2009 5:47 am

UPDATE: FW: Ginger Kathrens Message: I think we can do it, we just have to do it together

PLEASE FORWARD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW &

TAKE ACTION - SEE BELOW!

---------- Forwarded message ----------

rjyager rjyager

Please forward

R-

Cloud blog / news / video http://thecloudfoundation.wordpress.com/

Dear Robin,

After a long day in the Pryor Mountains, Ginger Kathrens, producer of the Cloud PBS Nature series (Director, www.thecloudfoundation.org ) took the time to appear on Blog Talk Radio Monday night. She is inspirational!

"I think we can do it, we just have to do it together." - Ginger Kathrens.

You can listen to the show later at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wflendangeredstreamlive/2009/09/08/The-Future-of-Clouds-Herd

Ginger said, "They say there are no accidents." Monday on the Pryor Mountains, Ginger tells us, an unusually fierce wind blew down the mountain just when Cloud was being herded towards the chute. As soon as he stepped into the pen, the wind stopped.

Photo: Cloud and his black mare - as they were rounded up Sept 7 2009

GOOD NEWS - UPDATE ON CLOUD FROM GINGER:

Cloud will be released – as long as members of his band are healthy he will be released. Maybe not tomorrow but in a couple of days.

I know many of us are feeling discouraged, after all the calls - It feels as if what we're doing isn't working.

Here is what Ginger said about getting discouraged. Just hit redial. Get over it and get on the phone. Keep calls, emails coming in, send notices out to everybody.

These things take time. If somebody says they don't want to talk with you - and she has trouble with that too - "don't go hide in a corner, call back again!"

"Don’t feel helpless - it doesn’t do any good. Lift yourself up and say how many people do I know, how many can I call on to make a difference." Radio, local papers, try to get a hold of these people, she suggests. Cloud is a great human interest story!

PBS gives permission - media outlets can use images from the PBS Cloud series if they want beautiful pictures of the herd.

Children are enamored of the Cloud story around the world. They are in the Breyer models that kids play with. Saving Cloud's herd will make a huge difference for other wild horses.

The Cloud Foundation is spending a lot of money on the legal battle. They have a donate page on the website if you want to help. http://www.thecloudfoundation.org/index.php/donate-now

---

Strategy: We are no longer wasting our time calling the BLM wild horse and burro number. We are calling the President, VP, Salazar and Abby, our legislators.

If Ginger can do this, we can too. Cloud does not look defeated in his picture above. He looks like a leader.

There is very little time left. If each person on the NY team recruited just one more voice, New York would roar all the way to Billings MT!

Thanks for all you do,

Cheers Susan

OBAMA / BIDEN NUMBERS TO CALL (leave a message for both)

202-456-9000 or 202-456-1111

email the President: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar

Call: 202-208-3100

email: feedback

BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Director Bob Abbey

Call: 202-208-3801 or 866-468-7826

Fax: 202-208-5242

e-mail Robert_Abbey