IndiaDivine.org

Please send an email for dogs in the Philippines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please send an email for Dogs in the Philippines

Dear Friend,

As you know, ending the dog meat trade in the Philippines is our primary campaign. Years ago, after witnessing first hand what happens to dogs at the hands of dog meat traders, I vowed to do everything I could to eradicate this brutal trade.

Since then, our staff and dedicated volunteers have worked long and hard to create legislation in the Philippines that outlaws the dog meat trade. Our efforts paid off when the Animal Welfare Act was passed. More recently, we achieved the passage of the Rabies Act, which dramatically strengthened penalties for convicted dog meat traders to include jail time.

Strong laws are crucial in our fight to protect dogs from being slaughtered and eaten, but without enforcement they are worthless. Our top priority right now is to convince the Philippines government to enforce the law and I really need your help to achieve this. I would be so grateful if you could send a brief email to the Philippines ambassador in London asking him to tell his government to enforce the Rabies Act.

Our staff are meeting with UK MPs this week to see what can be done at the diplomatic level to encourage the Philippines government to enforce the law against dog meat traders. We are also hoping for a meeting with the Philippines embassy, so an email from you would be particularly helpful at this time.

At present, our local team in the Philippines are the only ones enforcing the law. They brave incredible danger to apprehend dog meat traders, and are currently working with prosecutors on 15 seperate trials. Its a great beginning, but now we need widespread police enforcement to finally end the cruel dog meat trade.

Thank you for standing with me in our fight against the dog meat trade.

Brian Davies

Founder

PS Please tell your friends and family about our need for letters targeting the Philippines ambassador, by clicking on our Forward to a Friend link

This e-mail was sent by: Network for Animals Imperial House 2 Heigham Rd Eastham London E6 2J

networkforanimals.org Privacy Policy

--