IndiaDivine.org

Judge rules for Ringling Bros. in elephant abuse case brought by animal rights' activists

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If a child can "get it", why can't adults?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1q3gvVLCBE--- On Wed, 12/30/09, AnimalConcerns.org <animalconcerns wrote:

Here again is my surprised face:

I knew it would just be a matter of time as to how much $$$$$ the "judge" could be bought to totally ignore the evidence and rule in favor of the scum that is Ringling Bros.Ringling owner Kenneth Feld said that without the [torture] devices, no Asian elephants could be used in the circus, so by all means, let the scum of the earth continue to abuse and kill babies and adults because Ringling (Feld) would lose money without them. Funny how the USDA has no problem issuing citations for abuse of the elephants and even seizing them from other circuses that don't rake in billions of dollars. I guess six weeks of testimony from former TRAINERS and HANDLERS in addition to mountains of video capturing heinous, needless abuse wasn't clear enough, because Kenneth Feld said the elephants are treated well. Feld's lies are the only evidence that matters, because he has

deep pockets.

It comforts me to know that our judicial system is based on facts and is so efficient. That is, if you have the money to pay off the judge.

full story:http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-us-ringlings-elephants,0,2812778.story

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge Wednesday ruled in favor of theRingling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in a case brought by animalrights activists who accused the circus of abusing elephants.U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan said former Ringling employeeTom Rider and the Animal Protection Institute did not have legalstanding to sue the circus, owned by Feld Entertainment Inc. Rider andthe animal protection group brought the lawsuit under the EndangeredSpecies Act.During the six-week trial in February and March of this year, theattorney for the animal rights groups asked the judge to stop thecircus from harming the elephants during performances and punishingthem for bad behavior. They alleged that the use of bullhooks andprolonged chaining violated the federal law.