IndiaDivine.org

Welch, WV - EX URGENT!! Dog Shelter With A Very Sad Story Needs Food & Rescues ASAP! Backwoods Animal Control SHOOTS EVERY DOG THAT THEY FIND!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PLEASE FORWARD / CROSSPOST / HELP HOW EVER YOU CAN ASAP!! DESPERATE FOR FOOD / RESCUE / ANY & ALL HELP WITH ANIMALS THAT A.C. WILL KILL BY GUNSHOT!! STORY / CONTACT / INFO BELOW

--- On Wed, 1/6/10, Katie Walter <katie.walter wrote:

Melissa Lindsey and Dean Graham Moore [mdmoore0817] Wednesday, January 06, 2010 8:00 PMWelch, WV - Dog Shelter with a very sad story needs food & rescues!

Guys, I know funds are tight. Believe me I know, because my husband got laid off two months ago, and it is literally job to job for us right now. But, this story is one I could not just ignore. So many of you guys deplete your accounts to save the animals you save and I think the WORLD of every one of you!!! But, these two elderly women in WV are fighting ignorance, ridicule, and helplessness from their community.They are both elderly, and in poor health, and fighting an "animal control" that gives picked up animals 48 hours BEFORE SHOOTING THEM TO DEATH. And, as you can probably agree, any animal control, who chooses to do such a thing, probably does not make that death easy.Two women, No volunteers, No assistants. Hand set up kennels and haphazard runs wrapped in tarps outside. The only money coming from their own pockets - one of them was going to take food that she bought for her OWN GROCERIES, BACK to trade in for dog food for the rescued dogs. Can you imagine this??????They need both donations to

FEED THE DOGS, and also need our help trying to place the dogs they do have. I think another worthwhile endeavor, considering their AGE AND POOR HEALTH, would be if we can find some people in WV to begin to help them and kind of "learn" the art of caring for these rescue dogs, because once these women are gone, can you imagine??? Who will be left to take over and what will the dogs' fate be?????? Only a back woods animal control to SHOOT EVERY DOG THAT THEY FIND. It is horrific to even think it.I taught baton lessons this weekend, and am

going to send the little bit I have to their PayPal address. I know we are all strapped, but every single dollar will help make sure their dogs do not go hungry. Hopefully we can provide this most basic of needs for the dogs that these women are desperately trying to save.Please help. If you can't help personally PLEASE, PLEASE cross post. Someone HAS to know someone in WV who can help make a difference for these two poor women trying to save the world for their rescue dogs.Very gratefully, Melissa Ernie Asteriades aster8.ctWelch, WV - Dog Shelter with a very sad story needs food & rescues!Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 5:29 PM Please send it to everyone you know and ask them to put this on their Facebook page.

Thank you!!!

PLEASE Cross-post far and wide!!Welch, WV, is about 2 and a half hours southeast of Charleston, WV, and about the same travel time northwest of Roanoke,VA. The shelter has a PayPal donation site and they are desperately in need of $$ for food as well as rescues for their animals..any amount is good, even $5.00They have Labs, Germ Shepherds, a Corgi, a Husky and Husky mixes, Chow mixes, a Greater Swiss Mountain dog, Hounds, a Beagle, a couple of Staffordshire Terriers (both purebred and mixes), Boxer mixes and lots of kitties!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WV127.html

Please read a detailed account of this situation below.Jan 5, 2010 04:14:53 PM, carollee (at windstream.net)

Go to there web page and if you con donate $10 it would so help! A West Virginia Dog Shelter with a very sad story A West Virginia Shelter with a very sad story. I am forwarding this letter that I received last night in hopes that you will send it far and wide. Surely I understand that all shelters are in need of help but this is a story that I just had to share in hopes that you will pass it on far and wide. It is from a personal friend of mine who dedicates his life to saving dogs. Hi Cynthia;

Just wondering, do you have Carla and Barry Haines e-mail address? I want to drop them an e-mail to see if they have any extra food. I have been working with a shelter in Welch West Virginia ( McDowell County ) that desperately could use food or anything at all for that matter. When I made that run over Christmas I had to go to that shelter for Pat McCann to pick up the pups. I was able to pull a couple of adults out of there but I just feel compelled to help them out any way I can.

The shelter is run out of an old Coal Company Store that they were able to get donated to them after it had been abandoned. Definitely designed as a shelter but they are doing the best they can. They have portable kennels set up all over inside and about 30 kennels set up outside wrapped in tarps. The shelter is run by 2 women, one is 63 and suffered a major heart attack a few months ago and now has major heart problems as only half of her heart is really functioning. The other woman is 77 years old. They have no volunteers because nobody cares. When they go shopping they get ridiculed by the locals, and called names. These two women are all these dogs have. They get no funding from the county, receive very little in the way of donations, and they spend every penny they have on the dogs. The county's animal control consists of a couple of holding crates, a 48 hour timer, and a redneck with a shotgun and an itchy trigger finger. These ladies spay every female dog that comes in and fully vets them. They turn them over to rescues with no pull fee, just grateful for any rescue that will help them.

When I was down there they had two bags of food left and she was on her way to return food she bought for herself to get enough credit to get more dog food to get by. I gave her $100 to go buy more food and the woman broke down in tears. I leave on Friday for Ocala Florida to start my training as an Equine Dentist, figured if Carla has enough food, I could pick some up and I will re route to head to the shelter in West Virginia first to deliver food to them, they can desperately use it. I have been doing rescue for lots of years, I have been to tons of shelters in many different states, but none have touched me like this one.

Their website is:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WV127.html