IndiaDivine.org

Fw: WSPA Supporter, great news for bears in Pakistan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Dear WSPA Supporter

Fantastic news for bears in Pakistan

Last year, WSPA asked supporters to help raise the amount needed to build a new sanctuary in Pakistan for bears rescued from the horrors of bear baiting. Land had been obtained but we needed to raise £227,118 to meet the costs of materials and labour to build and equip the new sanctuary, large enough to provide a home to 80 bears. Without a new sanctuary, Dr. Fakhar-i-Abbas, director of WSPA member society the Bioresource Research Centre (BRC), cannot rescue any of the remaining 70 bears that he knows are still being forced to fight in bear baiting events.

Building the new sanctuary

WSPA UK supporters responded in their thousands and we have already raised more than the target sum of £227,118. If you have given to this appeal, thank you so much.

Because of this great response, the building work on the sanctuary has already started. Roads have been built to the site and it has been connected to electricity. The fencing for the central enclosure, that will house many of the bears, is nearly completed (pictured right).

If you have yet to give and would like to help Pakistan’s bears, it is not too late – though we have met our target it would be such a bonus to also raise the £34,414 needed to run the sanctuary for its first year. Will you give a donation that could help care for rescued bears at the new sanctuary?

Thanks to the generosity of WSPA supporters, Fakhar can now rest assured that his dream to end bear baiting is one step closer.

Thank you for your continued support.

WSPA UK

Your supporter number is: Our reference is: EMR0086

Subscribe I Feedback I Website I Forward to a Friend I Donate

Please add wspauk to your contacts list to prevent messages from WSPA being identified as junk mail. Read here for more.

This email was sent to: jillyz

This email was sent by: World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)89 Albert Embankment, London , SE1 7TP, UK, Main switchboard: +44 (0)20 7587 5000 Fax: +44 (0), UK Registered Charity Number: 1081849, Company No. 4029540, We respect your right to privacy - view our policy

Subscribe | Modify your Profile | Manage Subscriptions |