IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: PLS. ACT NOW! Write to Brookstone regarding sale of African dwarf frogs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please act now! Those poor, poor frogs. Just like golfish in a bowl...complete torture.

DontBullyMyBreedSent: 2/1/2010 11:56:26 P.M. Central Standard TimeSubj: Please take a moment to contact Brookstone regarding sale of "Frogospheres" :

Donate Now

Become a Member

Shop Our Partners

January 28th, 2010

Brookstone has no business selling animals

Dear Jennifer,

I have seen a lot in the past quarter-century of animal advocacy. A lot of cruelty. A lot of unthinkable things done to animals in the name of sport, fashion, commerce, and greed.

But I have to say that I was completely caught off-guard when I went into a Brookstone store recently to buy a gift for a dear friend and saw the Frog-o-sphere. Unnecessary. Stupid. Cruel.

Two African dwarf frogs floating aimlessly in a tiny tank with some colored gravel and a single stalk of green bamboo.

Shame on Brookstone. I asked the Born Free USA staff to tell Brookstone to stop selling this cruel product. Now I'm asking you to do the same.

My colleagues couldn't believe it so we checked the website, and more importantly, read the reviews from unwitting consumers:

— One of my frogs has already died. The other frog is floating upside down ... but when I touch the tank, his leg moves. I am very sad for the lives of these tiny creatures. ...

— After just 5 days, one frog died. It was sad to see the poor thing spasming out for several minutes before it finally went belly up and stiffened up. The second one doesn't look too well, and may also be dead soon. Once I removed the dead one, the second one went crazy swimming all over the tiny tank as if looking for it's [sic] friend.

Ironically, part of the allure of the product is supposed ease of care for these fragile amphibians. Wild African dwarf frogs can live for years in their natural habitat! And, according to the Centers for Disease Control, African dwarf frogs have been implicated as the source of dangerous transmissions of salmonella infections to children in the past.

Please tell Brookstone to stop selling cruelty in a box no more live animal sales.

While I have seen many bad things done to animals, I have also watched as grassroots animal advocates secured many victories for the wild creatures with which we share the planet. Now is the time to secure another victory for animals!

In gratitude and with great optimism,

PS. Have you joined Born Free USA's Ten in Ten campaign and donated just $10 to help our 2010 efforts for animals? There is still time and we are counting on you!

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

Please do not reply to this email. Send questions to webmaster

Un | Modify Your Preferences | Privacy Policy

© 2010 Born Free USA, PO Box 22505, Sacramento, CA 95822.