IndiaDivine.org

Marietta, GA - Details accidently left out on burned out dogs needing help - Here are the details

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PLEASE FORWARD / CROSSPOST / HELP IF YOU CAN!! CONTACT & INFO BELOW

Katie Walter <katie.walterMarietta, GA - Details accidently left out on burned out dogs needing Thursday, February 25, 2010, 4:13 PM

juliesdoggy

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:00:34 -0500

MARIETTA, GA - Details accidently left out on burned out dogs needing help - Here are the details LATEST UPDATE ON DEBORAH WOOD, WHOSE HOUSE BURNED TO THE GROUND A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.

IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP SHE DOES (read below). DEB IS IN DIRE NEED OF DONATIONS FOR BOARDING ALL HER DOGS. A VERY SAD, DEPRESSING STORY BELOW. PLEASE HELP WITH WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD.

VET INFO BELOW. Deborah Wood deborahjwood (at gmail.com)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:20 PM MARIETTA, GA - Details accidently left out on burned out dogs needing help - Here are the details http://debwood.chipin.com/boarding-for-dogs-burned-out-of-their-home I am so sorry, but I did not save my chip in write up. Please visit this again for the details, or read below. This is the exact text of the chipin. I've received SEVERAL emails asking me "what's the story". I don't know How I messed up - just distraught - sleeping on the floor is taking its toll on my rest. Fear is robbing the rest. If you have donated or helped, PLEASE just foward this far and wide, and know how very much we appreciate you!!! -

Love Deb and the dogs. These are links to the news stories cut and past them into your browser. http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22245831/detail.html http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=139720

I don't know how I did it, but I failed to include the story of the dogs. Many of you know about the fire, and many have given clothing, dishs, small applicances, food and money to the vet. and for all that I am eternally grateful. I would have NOTHING if it were not for you. My insurance is on a dead hold right now, and we are trying to work it out. Meantime, we suffer. MOST OF ALL I am faced with a 3,500 outstanding bill for boarding. I have 1,500 of it, and am about to lose my unemployment next week. I will get my LAST 300 check. They are holding a blank check, giving me some time to get donations in to cover the dogs. They had threatened to hold the dogs until I came up with the money, but when I explained that at 150 a day (I negotiated a rate cut from the 250 they

WERE charging), I simply HAD TO GET THEM OUT, they agreed.

The dogs are now with me, and I wish ALL of you could have seen them as they were led from the kennels. One broke loose and screamed down the hallway and in one flying leap was in my arms, a 45 lb dog kisses galore. He was sooooo happy to know Mommy had NOT forgotten him. They follow me around the house, so as not to lose sight of me, but I have NO ONE to turn to for the money to pay the vet for the 45 days of boarding for 16 dogs.

If you would be so kind as to pass this on. I am sorry I didn't realize I had not saved my original write up. *Donations can be made (and I prefer this) to Etowah Veterinary Hospital : 770-926-8888. Their address is: 4953 Canton Highway, Marietta , GA 30066. You can also use Pay Pal at: deb (at thedognextdoor.com), but the vet will get the money faster directly. Copy and paste the links above to see the news story about the fire that took everything. I am currently sleeping on the floor on a pallet with the dogs - 55 years old, handicapped and sleeping with the dogs never in a million years would I have anticipated this for myself at this point in my life. I did find a place to rent for me and all the dogs. He is charging a fortune for not much. I don't even have a kitchen yet. He is having cabinets built for it, but it's four walls. I fenced the yards and he allows all the dogs. If you are a rescuer and have time send a thank you to him, it's a RARE PERSON who will take 16 dogs into their rental property AND allow them to

be inside dogs!!!! His email address is: krwoody (at comcast.net). If ANY OF YOU have any jobs leads let me know: deborahjwood (at gmail.com). I will work part or full time ANYWHERE in Atlanta , doing absolutely anything, for any amount of money. I need at least $300 a week to survive, and that is bare bones survival. ANY hours day or night, cleaning crew, construction flunky,

paralegal, hotel clerk, kennel worker, mucking horse stalls, inside or outside work, as long as it's work that pays. And of course anyone is WELCOME to call me: 770-875-9659.