IndiaDivine.org

Lunatic Rush Limbaugh Says Enviros Blew Up Oil Rig - Take Action Today!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Of course, we're so stupid that devastating the ocean in an unparalleled oil spill would be a great way to stop offshore drilling, right? OMG. How the hell does this f***ing whackjob stay on the air?

The Center for Biological Diversity has been a leading critic of the Senate climate bill and Obama's energy policy, because both encourage more dangerous offshore oil drilling. In the twisted world of Rush Limbaugh, this commitment to protecting our environment and endangered species is proof that we blew up the oil rig that is right now ravaging the Gulf of Mexico with a massive oil spill.In Rush's own blustering words:

"But this bill, the cap-and-trade bill, was strongly criticized by hardcore environmentalist wackos because it supposedly allowed more offshore drilling and nuclear plants, nuclear plant investment. (Um, with good reason, duh!) So, since they're sending SWAT teams down there, folks, since they're sending SWAT teams to inspect the other rigs, what better way to head off more oil drilling, nuclear plants, than by blowing up a rig? I'm just noting the timing here." i

Rush's toxic, illogical rant does beg the question, however: Who is responsible for the catastrophe?Haliburton? Possibly. British Petroleum? Undoubtedly.But to head off future oil-spill catastrophes, we have to hold the Obama administration accountable.The Obama administration approved the BP drilling plan that just caused what is likely to be the greatest industrial accident in American history.iiThe administration also approved new offshore oil drilling by Shell Oil in the Arctic to commence this summer, against the objections of government wildlife scientists.iiiAnd Obama announced an horrific decision just weeks ago to expand offshore oil drilling in the Arctic, the eastern Gulf of Mexico, and along the Atlantic coast.Be furious

at BP.

Demand it clean the Gulf up and pay for all costs.But to prevent this from happening off the coast of Alaska, Delaware, Virginia, or Florida, hold the Obama administration accountable for promoting the biggest expansion of offshore oil drilling in 30 years. This is our best opportunity to stop more disastrous drilling.Please send a letter today calling on President Obama to immediately withdraw his decision to allow Shell Oil to drill this summer in the Arctic and to reverse his decision to expand offshore oil drilling nationwide. We can't afford to have what's happening in the Gulf happen ever again.

Click here to find out more and take action.

If you have trouble following the link, go to http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2167/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3646.

Sample letter:Stop Offshore Oil Drilling, Protect ArcticDear President Obama,I write to comment on the Department of the Interior's new Outer Continental Shelf Preliminary Revised Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2007 - 2012 (revised program) announced on March 31. My comments specifically focus on the plan's impacts on the Arctic Ocean and the decision to expand offshore oil drilling nationwide.I am very disappointed that the proposal would allow the same harmful exploratory drilling that resulted in the British Petroleum oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico to occur in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas this summer. We must learn from the devastation unfolding in the Gulf and take action now to stop

future offshore oil drilling.The Chukchi and Beaufort seas are both biologically rich and extremely fragile. They are home to America's only populations of threatened polar bears, Pacific walrus, and many ice seal species. These iconic species are quickly losing their sea-ice habitat to global warming. It defies logic to open up this fragile, melting environment to dirty, industrial oil and gas development. As the Gulf of Mexico spill shows, industry claims about the safety of their operations are simply untrue. There is no safe way to drill for oil in Alaska's seas, and no way to clean up spilled oil in broken ice conditions. I urge you to immediately withdraw your approval for Shell Oil to drill in this summer in the Arctic. In order to truly protect the people and environment of the Arctic, you must not allow exploration and development of the current leases in the Arctic.Further, I urge you to reverse your

decision to expand offshore oil drilling nationwide. Thank you.

i The Rush Limbaugh Show, 4/29/10 Regime SWAT Teams Sent to Gulf ii Obama Offshore Oil Plan a Disaster for Wildlife and Climate. Center for Biological Diversity press release, March 31, 2010http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2010/offshore-oil-03-31-2010.htmliii Ibid.

Donate now to support our work.

Deepwwater Horizon oil rig photo courtesy U.S. Coast Guard.

This message was sent to fortheanimals.

The Center for Biological Diversity sends newsletters and action alerts through DemocracyinAction.org. Let us know if you'd like to change your email list preferences or stop receiving action alerts and newsletters from us.

Center for Biological Diversity

P.O. Box 710

Tucson, AZ 85702

1-866-357-3349