Jump to content
IndiaDivine.org

vegetarians *( cheese without rennet)

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi!

      I recently found at Wal-Mart Superstore and SAM's Club store a brand of

(dairy) cheese that has no animal rennet and also is lactose-free.  The brand is

" Cabot " from Vermont, and I think there is more than one kind of this cheese--I

only bought the sharp cheddar, which comes either plain ( " white " ) or with the

usual anatto (yellow) coloring. 

 

     There is also a lower-fat sharp cheddar version that is good

and is available in a large bag of smaller, serving-portion individually-wrapped

pieces.  The smaller portions, although over-packaged, are convenient to take

along in lunches or in one's purse for a snack with crackers or whatever.

 

      I hope that mentioning the brand name is okay.  Thanks for letting me

share this bit of info!

 

--Laura B., in Illinois

 

*********

>>...members do not need to feel guilty for using dairy or eggs.  Make sure the

cheese doesn't contain rennet though.

 

 

 

 

 

Posted

The chain in my area, Publix, carries Cabot, and I think that Albertson's did at

one point... Not sure about now.

Thanks for reminding me about that delicious cheese. My mom would shred a block

to top her ch*cken divane. It is yummy.

 

Cassie

" life's a garden, dig it! "

 

Sent from my iPhone

 

On Sep 19, 2008, at 6:07 PM, " L.B. " <elbee577 wrote:

 

Hi!

I recently found at Wal-Mart Superstore and SAM's Club store a brand of

(dairy) cheese that has no animal rennet and also is lactose-free. The brand is

" Cabot " from Vermont, and I think there is more than one kind of this cheese--I

only bought the sharp cheddar, which comes either plain ( " white " ) or with the

usual anatto (yellow) coloring.

 

There is also a lower-fat sharp cheddar version that is good and is

available in a large bag of smaller, serving-portion individually-wrapped

pieces. The smaller portions, although over-packaged, are convenient to take

along in lunches or in one's purse for a snack with crackers or whatever.

 

I hope that mentioning the brand name is okay. Thanks for letting me

share this bit of info!

 

--Laura B., in Illinois

 

*********

>>...members do not need to feel guilty for using dairy or eggs. Make sure the

cheese doesn't contain rennet though.

 

 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...