IndiaDivine.org

I'm New Here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, Nina, and nice to hear your story. Regards, Blake On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:37 PM, <nina92116 wrote:

Hi,

I'm Nina and I recently joined this group to learn more about the vegan diet. Most of the vegans I know are quite young. I'm 58 years old. I've been a vegetarian about half my life. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago I was told very emphatically that I could not control diabetes on a vegetarian diet and so would have to begin eating animal protein on a regular basis. I've heard this many times over the years from one dietician or another. Recently I found a book that advocates a plant based diet for treating diabetes. I went back to my doctor, with the book and explained why I wanted to use the program instead of the usual diabetic diet. My doctor is great, she listened to me, read some of the material I gave her and then agreed that it sounded like a good idea.

Being older the prevailing wisdom was that a vegetarian had to use milk, milk products and eggs in their diet. Frankly I hate milk. I just don't feel good when I consume milk products. I never have. So I always did a lousy job of keeping up the milk side of the equation. Eggs don't bother me, but I can't say I like them much. So I'm pretty happy to give those up. I've been following the vegan program for about a month and am definitely feeling better, physically, mentally and morally. I've found a couple of great vegan recipe books and am enjoying this very much.

Guess that's all for now. Nice to meet you all.

Hi Nina

Glad to hear that you found a good book. I have absolutely no idea why meat or milk should be necessary to control diabetes - surely it's basically a blood sugar problem! I've got a friend who has been a diabetic vegan for at least 5 years - I am aware that he has to be careful with what he eats, but then don't all diabetics? And for what it's worth, he's fit and healthy enough to play American Football every weekend!!!!

Anyway, welcome to the list!

BB

Peter

-

nina92116

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:37 AM

I'm new here

Hi,

I'm Nina and I recently joined this group to learn more about the vegan diet. Most of the vegans I know are quite young. I'm 58 years old. I've been a vegetarian about half my life. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago I was told very emphatically that I could not control diabetes on a vegetarian diet and so would have to begin eating animal protein on a regular basis. I've heard this many times over the years from one dietician or another. Recently I found a book that advocates a plant based diet for treating diabetes. I went back to my doctor, with the book and explained why I wanted to use the program instead of the usual diabetic diet. My doctor is great, she listened to me, read some of the material I gave her and then agreed that it sounded like a good idea.

Being older the prevailing wisdom was that a vegetarian had to use milk, milk products and eggs in their diet. Frankly I hate milk. I just don't feel good when I consume milk products. I never have. So I always did a lousy job of keeping up the milk side of the equation. Eggs don't bother me, but I can't say I like them much. So I'm pretty happy to give those up. I've been following the vegan program for about a month and am definitely feeling better, physically, mentally and morally. I've found a couple of great vegan recipe books and am enjoying this very much.

Welcome! And congrats on finding a reasonable doc.

I remember reading that reducing the *fat* content of the diet

was the most effective way to control diabetes, and that the best way

to do that was to avoid all animal products.

At 8:37 PM -0700 9/22/08, <nina92116

wrote:

Hi,

I'm Nina and I recently joined this group to learn more about the

vegan diet. Most of the vegans I know are quite young. I'm 58 years

old. I've been a vegetarian about half my life. When I was diagnosed

with diabetes several years ago I was told very emphatically that I

could not control diabetes on a vegetarian diet and so would have to

begin eating animal protein on a regular basis. I've heard this many

times over the years from one dietician or another. Recently I found a

book that advocates a plant based diet for treating diabetes. I went

back to my doctor, with the book and explained why I wanted to use the

program instead of the usual diabetic diet. My doctor is great, she

listened to me, read some of the material I gave her and then agreed

that it sounded like a good idea.

Being older the prevailing wisdom was that a vegetarian had to

use milk, milk products and eggs in their diet. Frankly I hate milk. I

just don't feel good when I consume milk products. I never have. So I

always did a lousy job of keeping up the milk side of the equation.

Eggs don't bother me, but I can't say I like them much. So I'm pretty

happy to give those up. I've been following the vegan program for

about a month and am definitely feeling better, physically, mentally

and morally. I've found a couple of great vegan recipe books and

am enjoying this very much.

hello and welcome to the group nina

hope you enjoy it here

cheers

fraggle

nina92116 Sep 22, 2008 8:37 PM I'm new here

Hi,

you're bored in retirement cuz your energies drained away, your money had no answer, you just still want more! your life was never different then the guy next door!

all your neighbors are competitors, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb. potential friends are now your enemies, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb.

Hi Nina, and welcome.

Peter vv

"nina92116" <nina92116 Sent: Tuesday, 23 September, 2008 4:37:43 AM I'm new here

Hi,

Hi Nina, welcome from another new member!

I'm guessing that your book is Dr. Barnard's Program for Reversing

Diabetes. Check out the Physicians Committee for Responsible

Medicine website at http://www.pcrm.org/ for diabetes information,

resources, recipes and support if you need more data.

I think Dr. Dean Ornish also has several books out that provide sound

medical reasons to turn to a plant-based diet both for heart issues

and diabetes.

Good luck!

, <nina92116 wrote:

>

> Hi,

> I'm Nina and I recently joined this group to learn more about the

vegan diet. Most of the vegans I know are quite young. I'm 58 years

old. I've been a vegetarian about half my life. When I was diagnosed

with diabetes several years ago I was told very emphatically that I

could not control diabetes on a vegetarian diet and so would have to

begin eating animal protein on a regular basis. I've heard this many

times over the years from one dietician or another. Recently I found

a book that advocates a plant based diet for treating diabetes. I

went back to my doctor, with the book and explained why I wanted to

use the program instead of the usual diabetic diet. My doctor is

great, she listened to me, read some of the material I gave her and

then agreed that it sounded like a good idea.

>

> Being older the prevailing wisdom was that a vegetarian had to use

milk, milk products and eggs in their diet. Frankly I hate milk. I

just don't feel good when I consume milk products. I never have. So I

always did a lousy job of keeping up the milk side of the equation.

Eggs don't bother me, but I can't say I like them much. So I'm pretty

happy to give those up. I've been following the vegan program for

about a month and am definitely feeling better, physically, mentally

and morally. I've found a couple of great vegan recipe books and am

enjoying this very much.

>

> Guess that's all for now. Nice to meet you all.

>

Nina,

Welcome. I am new with this group also and am 57 years old. I went vegan March 19 to lose weight to help fight my breast cancer and get more healthy. I have lost 48 pounds since then WITHOUT dieting for the first 38. The pounds just flew off of me. I went cold turkey, lots of raw veggies and fruits, no sugar, no processed foods, no empty calories, and everything nutrient-dense and healthy. I feel wonderful. After about 38 pounds I added a bit of quantity control and am on a tad of a diet to push the pounds off.

I don't miss meat or eggs or milk or donuts or any of it! What a wonderful way to live, health by CHOICE, not by chance.

Shelley H

It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?

How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long past diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer do you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in them?

Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue and all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very little saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very sore when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off, not exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination of the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening from scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I can't eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my mouth and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned but my intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to make meat eatable for me. Of course she also hassled me about not drinking milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own. Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so far as that is concerned.

I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned with getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my veggies. :-)

-

Shelley

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:55 PM

Re:I'm new here

Nina,

Welcome. I am new with this group also and am 57 years old. I went vegan March 19 to lose weight to help fight my breast cancer and get more healthy. I have lost 48 pounds since then WITHOUT dieting for the first 38. The pounds just flew off of me. I went cold turkey, lots of raw veggies and fruits, no sugar, no processed foods, no empty calories, and everything nutrient-dense and healthy. I feel wonderful. After about 38 pounds I added a bit of quantity control and am on a tad of a diet to push the pounds off.

I don't miss meat or eggs or milk or donuts or any of it! What a wonderful way to live, health by CHOICE, not by chance.

Shelley H

Wow. you both are such strong women!

Congratulations on getting past the 95% chance stage. I don't know a

lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when you need

it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing healthier

foods.

Positive thoughts to you!

anouk

, <nina92116 wrote:

>

> It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?

>

> How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long past

diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer do

you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in

them?

>

> Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle

is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was diagnosed

with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue and

all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were

removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very little

saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very sore

when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off, not

exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination of

the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening from

scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I can't

eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my mouth

and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned but my

intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to make

meat eatable for me. Of course she also hassled me about not drinking

milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own.

Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months

cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of

recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so far

as that is concerned.

>

> I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned with

getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my

veggies. :-)

>

>

Nina,

I finished chemo in December, got blood clots in both lungs in January, spent some time in the hospital, waited a month and went 8 weeks to radiation. Then in May I had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst that looked bad but it was benign. There were a total of 6 surgeries. On Monday I finally get my port out. My hair is 4-5 inches long and the sun is shining.

The estrogen in soy is very controversial and has been since the 80's. I do have hormone positive breast cancer. Cultures who eat it have a much lower rate of breast cancer. I talked with my onc and did some research. Bottom line is I drink soy milk on occasion and tofu rarely. So I am doing it in moderation. My onc says it is no problem at all.

I am so glad you are 16 months out and wish you the best. Eating right can only improve your chances of no recurrence. And for me I have found that eating healthy is so much more fun, cheaper, tastes better, and has turned eating/cooking healthy into my new hobby.

Today I ate at the hospital and on my plate were the following: fresh greens, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, kidney beans, green peas, sunflower seeds, black olives, a whole grain roll and a large pile of a mixture of corn, black beans, red onions and red peppers. Add a bottle of water and I feel full and quite pleased with myself.

Shelley H

absolutely. positive vibes to the folks on the list with these issues. blake On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumato wrote:

Wow. you both are such strong women!

Congratulations on getting past the 95% chance stage. I don't know a

lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when you need

it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing healthier

foods.

Positive thoughts to you!

anouk

, <nina92116 wrote:

>

> It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?

>

> How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long past

diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer do

you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in

them?

>

> Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle

is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was diagnosed

with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue and

all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were

removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very little

saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very sore

when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off, not

exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination of

the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening from

scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I can't

eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my mouth

and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned but my

intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to make

meat eatable for me. Of course she also hassled me about not drinking

milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own.

Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months

cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of

recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so far

as that is concerned.

>

> I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned with

getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my

veggies. :-)

>

>

I agree. It is good that the vegan diet seems to be helping to

overcome dire health problems - and I wish everyone good health.

Jo

, " Blake Wilson " <mbw wrote:

>

> absolutely. positive vibes to the folks on the list with these

issues.

>

> blake

>

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

>

> > Wow. you both are such strong women!

> > Congratulations on getting past the 95% chance stage. I don't

know a

> > lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when you

need

> > it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing healthier

> > foods.

> >

> > Positive thoughts to you!

> >

> > anouk

> >

> > <%40>,

> > <nina92116@> wrote:

> > >

> > > It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?

> > >

> > > How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long

past

> > diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer

do

> > you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in

> > them?

> > >

> > > Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan

lifestyle

> > is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was

diagnosed

> > with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue

and

> > all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were

> > removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very

little

> > saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very

sore

> > when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off,

not

> > exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination

of

> > the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening

from

> > scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I

can't

> > eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my

mouth

> > and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned

but my

> > intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to

make

> > meat eatable for me. Of course she also hassled me about not

drinking

> > milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own.

> > Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months

> > cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of

> > recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so

far

> > as that is concerned.

> > >

> > > I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned

with

> > getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my

> > veggies. :-)

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

ma nessun italiana/o qui?

tanto per scambiarci esperienze, indirizzi di posti trovati, mail,

indirizzi web ecc

ciao a tutti

enrico

heartwerk ha scritto:

Jo

"Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:

>

issues.

>

> blake

>

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

>

know a

> > lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when

you

need

> > it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing

healthier

> > foods.

> >

> >

> > anouk

> >

> >

<%40>,

> > <nina92116@> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How

long

past

> > diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast

cancer

do

> > you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen

in

> > them?

> > >

lifestyle

diagnosed

> > with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my

tongue

and

> > all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head

were

little

> > saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets

very

sore

> > when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it

off,

not

> > exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a

combination

of

> > the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and

stiffening

from

> > scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that

I

can't

mouth

> > and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was

concerned

but my

> > intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way

to

make

drinking

> > milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my

own.

> > Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16

months

> > recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good

place so

far

> > >

> > > I do need to loose some weight but right now am more

concerned

with

> > getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love

my

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

sorry Enrico, mostly Americans and British here, with a scattering of folks from all over the globe.

Spiacente, principalmente Americani e Britannici qui, con una dispersione delle gente dappertutto dal globo.

grazie buon giorno !

cheers

fraggle

Enrico Sep 26, 2008 6:32 AM Re: Re:I'm new here

ma nessun italiana/o qui?tanto per scambiarci esperienze, indirizzi di posti trovati, mail, indirizzi web eccciao a tuttienricoheartwerk ha scritto:

I agree. It is good that the vegan diet seems to be helping to overcome dire health problems - and I wish everyone good health.Jo , "Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:>> absolutely. positive vibes to the folks on the list with these issues.> > blake> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:> > > Wow. you both are such strong women!> > Congratulations on getting past the 95% chance stage. I don't know a> > lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when you need> > it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing healthier> > foods.> >> > Positive thoughts to you!> >> > anouk> >> > <%40>,> > <nina92116@> wrote:> > >> > > It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?> > >> > > How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long past> > diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer do> > you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in> > them?> > >> > > Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle> > is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was diagnosed> > with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue and> > all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were> > removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very little> > saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very sore> > when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off, not> > exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination of> > the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening from> > scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I can't> > eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my mouth> > and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned but my> > intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to make> > meat eatable for me. Of course she also hassled me about not drinking> > milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own.> > Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months> > cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of> > recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so far> > as that is concerned.> > >> > > I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned with> > getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my> > veggies. :-)> > >> > >> >> > > >>

you're bored in retirement cuz your energies drained away, your money had no answer, you just still want more! your life was never different then the guy next door!

all your neighbors are competitors, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb. potential friends are now your enemies, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb.

Nobody likes a show off!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, 26 September, 2008 10:25:01 PMRe: Re:I'm new here

sorry Enrico, mostly Americans and British here, with a scattering of folks from all over the globe.

Spiacente, principalmente Americani e Britannici qui, con una dispersione delle gente dappertutto dal globo.

grazie buon giorno !

cheers

fraggle

Enrico Sep 26, 2008 6:32 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re:I'm new here

ma nessun italiana/o qui?tanto per scambiarci esperienze, indirizzi di posti trovati, mail, indirizzi web eccciao a tuttienricoheartwerk ha scritto:

I agree. It is good that the vegan diet seems to be helping to overcome dire health problems - and I wish everyone good health.Jo@gro ups.com, "Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:>> absolutely. positive vibes to the folks on the list with these issues.> > blake> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumato@.. .>wrote:> > > Wow. you both are such strong women!> > Congratulations on getting past the 95% chance stage. I don't know a> > lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when you need> > it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing

healthier> > foods.> >> > Positive thoughts to you!> >> > anouk> >> > @gro ups.com <% 40. com>,> > <nina92116@> wrote:> > >> > > It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?> > >> > > How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long past> > diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer do> > you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in> > them?> > >> > > Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle> > is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was diagnosed> > with

squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue and> > all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were> > removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very little> > saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very sore> > when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off, not> > exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination of> > the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening from> > scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I can't> > eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my mouth> > and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned but my> > intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to make> > meat eatable for me. Of course

she also hassled me about not drinking> > milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own.> > Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months> > cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of> > recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so far> > as that is concerned.> > >> > > I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned with> > getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my> > veggies. :-)> > >> > >> >> > > >>

Ciao Enrico, e welcome.Sorry il mio italiano è limitato a Google!

Peter vv

Enrico <henryf Sent: Friday, 26 September, 2008 2:32:58 PMRe: Re:I'm new here

I agree. It is good that the vegan diet seems to be helping to overcome dire health problems - and I wish everyone good health.Jo@gro ups.com, "Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:>> absolutely. positive vibes to the folks on the list with these issues.> > blake> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumato@.. .>wrote:> > > Wow. you both are such strong women!> > Congratulations on getting past the 95% chance stage. I don't know a> > lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when you need> > it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing

healthier> > foods.> >> > Positive thoughts to you!> >> > anouk> >> > @gro ups.com <% 40. com>,> > <nina92116@> wrote:> > >> > > It is a good feeling to have a choice isn't it?> > >> > > How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How long past> > diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast cancer do> > you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen in> > them?> > >> > > Part of my motivation to go back to the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle> > is as a result of a bout of cancer as well. Last year I was diagnosed> > with

squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my tongue and> > all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head were> > removed. The series of radiation treatments left me with very little> > saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets very sore> > when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it off, not> > exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a combination of> > the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and stiffening from> > scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that I can't> > eat without choking. Meat was one of them that both burned my mouth> > and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was concerned but my> > intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way to make> > meat eatable for me. Of course

she also hassled me about not drinking> > milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my own.> > Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16 months> > cancer free. I'm told that with this kind of cancer 95% of> > recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good place so far> > as that is concerned.> > >> > > I do need to loose some weight but right now am more concerned with> > getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love my> > veggies. :-)> > >> > >> >> > > >>

ciao enrico eccomi sono italiana,leggo spesso i messaggi di questo forum ma partecipo poco.raccontami della tua esperienza,mi farebbe piacere,ci sentiamo,valeria--- Ven 26/9/08, Enrico <henryf ha scritto:Da: Enrico <henryfOggetto: Re: Re:I'm new hereA: Data: Venerdì 26 settembre 2008, 15:32

ma nessun italiana/o qui?

tanto per scambiarci esperienze, indirizzi di posti trovati, mail,

indirizzi web ecc

ciao a tutti

enrico

heartwerk ha scritto:

Jo

@gro ups.com,

"Blake Wilson" <mbw wrote:

>

issues.

>

> blake

>

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, flower child <zurumato@.. .>wrote:

>

know a

> > lot about cancer but, we are here to give you support when

you

need

> > it. You are heading down a more positive path by chosing

healthier

> > foods.

> >

> >

> > anouk

> >

> > @gro ups.com

<% 40. com>,

> > <nina92116@> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > How's the fight against breast cancer going for you? How

long

past

> > diagnosis are you? How far along in treatment? With breast

cancer

do

> > you need to avoid soy products because of the pseudo estrogen

in

> > them?

> > >

lifestyle

diagnosed

> > with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue. A third of my

tongue

and

> > all the lymph node on the left side of my face, neck and head

were

little

> > saliva, an altered sense of taste, and a tongue that gets

very

sore

> > when I eat certain foods. Oddly spiciness isn't what sets it

off,

not

> > exactly sure what the common denominator is. Due to a

combination

of

> > the lack of saliva, loss of mobility in my tongue and

stiffening

from

> > scaring in my throat from the radiation there are foods that

I

can't

mouth

> > and that I choked on. Not a big loss as far as I was

concerned

but my

> > intuitionalist was giving me a hard time about finding a way

to

make

drinking

> > milk for years. LOL That led me to doing some research on my

own.

> > Which got me here. Meanwhile the cancer is gone and I'm 16

months

> > recurrences are in the first 12 months. So I'm in a good

place so

far

> > >

> > > I do need to loose some weight but right now am more

concerned

with

> > getting used to the change in diet. Lucky for me I just love

my

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Poco spazio e tanto spam? Mail ti protegge dallo spam e ti da tanto spazio gratuito per i tuoi file e i messaggi http://mail..it

Ohh Valeria

un'italiana finalmente

tanto per presentarmi:

abito in provincia di Como

sono sui 50 e da solo 3 anni sono Vegan, molti cattivi consiglieri in

famiglia e fuori

mi hanno inibito a questa scelta che avrei fatto molti anni fa

raccolgo molto scetticismo intorno a me ma di quello che pensano gli

altri non mi è mai importato

Da quando ho cambiato alimentazione mi trovo decisamente meglio sotto

ogni porfilo sia mentale che fisico

non rimpiango gli anni persi tanto non serve a niente

Ho fatto analisi del sangje complete e periodiche con risultati a dir

poco sorprendenti: da presentare ai cannibali vari

In famiglia sono l'unico vegan, gli altri continuano la loro vita con

reciproco rispetto

Non sono uno che avendo fatto una certa scelta si senta in diritto di

fare le crociate, nello stesso tempo esigo, pretendo ed ottego rispetto

Spero di non averti annoiato troppo

Un caòoroso saluto e soprattotto un arrivederci

Ciao

Enrico Ferrario

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

Hello! I was recommended to this group by a freind. (Hi, Debbie!)

I have been a veggie for about 5 years, and am always looking for new recipes,

especially to use the great stuff coming out of our garden!

I live in Michigan with my husband and two boys.

-Carolyn