IndiaDivine.org

Lunch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Does she want a holiday to Wales...............

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunxvegan chat Thursday, 11 October, 2007 8:33:43 PM lunch

Rebecca needed a break from skoolso, she took the day offamd ended up spending all morning in the kitchen...she has issuesbutshe just brought me lunchawwwwwwwwwwwwwwHomemade soupwithRotellecornbrocoli (from the garden)chick peas canellini beanskidney beansgarlic (garden)peas (garden and farmers market)carrots (farmers market)squash and zuchnini (garden)and thats about all i can figure out thats in itdang tastyand hot:)anyone else?fraggleReal knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month.

we are talking about either belgium next yea or the Mondial bier fest in montreal...

when she graduates next may.....

Peter VV Oct 11, 2007 3:37 PM Re: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Does she want a holiday to Wales...............

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>vegan chat Thursday, 11 October, 2007 8:33:43 PM lunch

Rebecca needed a break from skoolso, she took the day offamd ended up spending all morning in the kitchen...she has issuesbutshe just brought me lunchawwwwwwwwwwwwwwHomemade soupwithRotellecornbrocoli (from the garden)chick peas canellini beanskidney beansgarlic (garden)peas (garden and farmers market)carrots (farmers market)squash and zuchnini (garden)and thats about all i can figure out thats in itdang tastyand hot:)anyone else?fraggleReal knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius

So its Montreal then is it.......................you cant argue with women.

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 9:01:12 PMRe: lunch

we are talking about either belgium next yea or the Mondial bier fest in montreal...

Peter VV Oct 11, 2007 3:37 PM @gro ups.com Re: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Does she want a holiday to Wales....... ........

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>vegan chat <@gro ups.com>Thursday, 11 October, 2007 8:33:43 PM lunch

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

Oh, and its the Cardiff beer & cider festival in April.............

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 9:01:12 PMRe: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>vegan chat <@gro ups.com>Thursday, 11 October, 2007 8:33:43 PM lunch

Lucky you.

I had a lentil pate sandwich. We have a small business come into our

reception area for quarter of an hour each morning selling 'healthy snacks'

and sandwiches. I suggested they do some vegan sandwiches and this morning

I noticed they did hummous and roasted vegetable sandwiches, and hummous,

roasted vegetable and salad wraps. I shall have to try one soon.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

" vegan chat "

Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:33 PM

lunch

> Rebecca needed a break from skool

> so, she took the day off

> amd ended up spending all morning in the kitchen...

> she has issues

> but

> she just brought me lunch

> awwwwwwwwwwwwww

>

> Homemade soup

> with

> Rotelle

> corn

> brocoli (from the garden)

> chick peas

> canellini beans

> kidney beans

> garlic (garden)

> peas (garden and farmers market)

> carrots (farmers market)

> squash and zuchnini (garden)

> and thats about all i can figure out thats in it

> dang tasty

> and hot

> :)

>

> anyone else?

>

> fraggle

>

> Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

> Confucius

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

working for Perseus is so different then PGW

soul less corp

i can't do it much more...

it hurts my heart.........

jo Oct 11, 2007 4:43 PM Re: lunch

Lucky you.I had a lentil pate sandwich. We have a small business come into ourreception area for quarter of an hour each morning selling 'healthy snacks'and sandwiches. I suggested they do some vegan sandwiches and this morningI noticed they did hummous and roasted vegetable sandwiches, and hummous,roasted vegetable and salad wraps. I shall have to try one soon.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>"vegan chat" Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:33 PM lunch> Rebecca needed a break from skool> so, she took the day off> amd ended up spending all morning in the kitchen...> she has issues> but> she just brought me lunch> awwwwwwwwwwwwww>> Homemade soup> with> Rotelle> corn> brocoli (from the garden)> chick peas> canellini beans> kidney beans> garlic (garden)> peas (garden and farmers market)> carrots (farmers market)> squash and zuchnini (garden)> and thats about all i can figure out thats in it> dang tasty> and hot> :)>> anyone else?>> fraggle>> Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.> Confucius>>> To send an email to - >

both are her idea...

so..either or...

Peter VV Oct 11, 2007 4:15 PM Re: lunch

So its Montreal then is it.......................you cant argue with women.

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 9:01:12 PMRe: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Peter H

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

Confucius

i'd rather go to montreal or belgium where i know i can actually drink most of beer

hahahahahahaha

not mention, rebecca's still in skool, then

Peter VV Oct 11, 2007 4:16 PM Re: lunch

Oh, and its the Cardiff beer & cider festival in April.............

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 9:01:12 PMRe: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Peter H

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Confucius

Do you have to keep rubbing my nose in it!, would be nice for someone with half a brain and a load of knowledge like yourself to meet reps from these UK brewers at such events, I cant understand why in UK smaller micro breweries choose isinglass as their fining system for first choice, are they sheep or what?

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 10:56:06 PMRe: lunch

i'd rather go to montreal or belgium where i know i can actually drink most of beer

hahahahahahaha

Peter VV Oct 11, 2007 4:16 PM @gro ups.com Re: lunch

Oh, and its the Cardiff beer & cider festival in April....... ......

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 11 October, 2007 9:01:12 PMRe: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Peter H

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

Sounds good, I had a look in Boots chilled section, they do similar wraps but theirs contain milk!......why oh why would you put moo juice in a wrap with hummous?

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 9:43:24 PMRe: lunch

Lucky you.I had a lentil pate sandwich. We have a small business come into ourreception area for quarter of an hour each morning selling 'healthy snacks'and sandwiches. I suggested they do some vegan sandwiches and this morningI noticed they did hummous and roasted vegetable sandwiches, and hummous,roasted vegetable and salad wraps. I shall have to try one soon.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>"vegan chat" <@gro ups.com>Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:33 PM lunch> Rebecca needed a break from skool> so, she took the day off> amd ended up spending all morning in the kitchen...> she has issues> but> she just

brought me lunch> awwwwwwwwwwwwww>> Homemade soup> with> Rotelle> corn> brocoli (from the garden)> chick peas> canellini beans> kidney beans> garlic (garden)> peas (garden and farmers market)> carrots (farmers market)> squash and zuchnini (garden)> and thats about all i can figure out thats in it> dang tasty> and hot> :)>> anyone else?>> fraggle>> Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.> Confucius>>> To send an email to -unsubscr ibe >

like i always say

tradition....

and, maybe they can't afford plate and frame filters...

i really don't know why they still use it in the UK....

you could always start a letter writing campaign

its gotta be more effective then coming from someone across the pond

Peter VV Oct 12, 2007 3:42 PM Re: lunch

Do you have to keep rubbing my nose in it!, would be nice for someone with half a brain and a load of knowledge like yourself to meet reps from these UK brewers at such events, I cant understand why in UK smaller micro breweries choose isinglass as their fining system for first choice, are they sheep or what?

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2007 10:56:06 PMRe: lunch

hahahahahahaha

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 11 October, 2007 9:01:12 PMRe: lunch

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Peter H

Confucius

I will if you knock one up for me, I will stick my monicker on it and start a campaign, but I am not as informed or as eloquent as you , so am reluctant to go off half cocked talking gibberish like I normally do..........

take it offline if you like...

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, 12 October, 2007 9:17:42 PMRe: lunch

like i always say

tradition... .

and, maybe they can't afford plate and frame filters...

i really don't know why they still use it in the UK....

you could always start a letter writing campaign

its gotta be more effective then coming from someone across the pond

Peter VV Oct 12, 2007 3:42 PM @gro ups.com Re: lunch

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 11 October, 2007 10:56:06 PMRe: lunch

hahahahahahaha

Peter H

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

Peter H

• 1 month later...

Even though they are primarily childrens books, I quite liked them! Dont know why they changed the title for America though?

Warning: This story contains plot spoilersBy Julian Joyce BBC News

The author of the book on which the new film The Golden Compass is based has hit back at critics who accuse him of peddling "candy-coated atheism".

Phillip Pullman won the Whitbread prize for the third part of his trilogy

Philip Pullman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" accusations by the US-based Catholic League that the film promotes atheism and denigrates Christianity. "I am a story teller," he said. " If I wanted to send a message I would have written a sermon." The Golden Compass - which stars Nicole Kidman - premiers in London on Tuesday. Epic battle The film also stars James Bond actor Daniel Craig and is based on the first part of Mr Pullman's best-selling His Dark Materials children's trilogy. In the book - set in an imaginary world - the heroine Lyra fights against the Magisterium, an evil organisation some have interpreted as based on the Catholic Church.

We knew from the beginning that the producers of this film intended to leave out the anti-religious references. We think this is a great shame

Terry Sanderson, National Secular Society

The three-part series culminates in an epic battle in which God dies - at the hand of a child. Those who have seen the film - which cost £90m to make - say the explicit anti-religious message of the books has been muted. But the Catholic League, which bills itself as America's largest Catholic civil rights organisation, have nevertheless launched a nationwide boycott campaign.

Nicole Kidman and Dakota Blue Richards star in the film

The League says that parents might be taken in by the toned-down film - but will then be fooled into buying the "overtly atheistic and anti-Christian" books. League President Bill Donohue said: "Eighty-five per cent of the people in this country are Catholic or Protestant and I'd like them to stay at home, or go see some other movie. "Pullman is using this film as a sort of stealth campaign. He likes to play the game that he's really not atheistic and anti-Catholic. But yes he is and we have researched this. "This movie is the bait for the books." Too many layers But Mr Pullman - who is attending Tuesday's premier in London's Leicester Square - dismissed the Catholic League as "a tiny, unrepresentative organisation." He told the BBC: "The only person Bill Donohue represents is himself. "I don't want to talk about these criticisms about atheism in my books. It's too long an argument to have, and there are too many layers to the subject." A spokeswoman for the Catholic Church in Britain said she was unaware of a concerted UK campaign to boycott the film: "We have not seen the film yet, so we cannot comment on its message," she said.

Armoured bears feature in a fantasy set in an imaginary world

Christian journalist Peter Hitchens said that while he opposed a boycott, he wanted parents to be aware of Philip Pullman's themes. He said: "If you buy this book for your child, don't imagine for a moment that you are handing over a neutral story: this author has a purpose. "Don't forget, this is a writer who has previously gone on the record to say he is trying to undermine the basis of Christian belief." Anti-religious Ironically, Mr Pullman has also come under fire from secularists - who say there's isn't enough anti-religious sentiment in the film. Terry Sanderson, president of the National Secular Society, said: "We knew from the beginning that the producers of this film intended to leave out the anti-religious references.

James Bond actor Daniel Craig plays Lord Asriel

"We think this is a great shame. The fight against the Magisterium (Pullman's thinly-disguised version of the Catholic Church) is the whole point of the book. Take that away and the most original and interesting element of the story is lost." Whether the Catholic League's campaign against the Golden Compass will succeed is open to question. It previously spoke out against the Da Vinci Code - a fictional film that alleged Jesus married and had a child. The film went on to become one of the highest-grossing movies of 2006.

Peter H

I haven't read the books but my boss has (and I think Katy has). My boss reckoned they would tone down the anti-religion aspect of the books when they made the film. I shall see the film anyway.

I laughed the other week when somebody in the RC church complained that the film Elizabeth showed anti-Catholic bias - hahahahaha - it is a historical fact - what do they want to do - change history!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:51 PM

Re: lunch

Even though they are primarily childrens books, I quite liked them! Dont know why they changed the title for America though?

The author of the book on which the new film The Golden Compass is based has hit back at critics who accuse him of peddling "candy-coated atheism".

Philip Pullman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" accusations by the US-based Catholic League that the film promotes atheism and denigrates Christianity. "I am a story teller," he said. " If I wanted to send a message I would have written a sermon." The Golden Compass - which stars Nicole Kidman - premiers in London on Tuesday. Epic battle The film also stars James Bond actor Daniel Craig and is based on the first part of Mr Pullman's best-selling His Dark Materials children's trilogy. In the book - set in an imaginary world - the heroine Lyra fights against the Magisterium, an evil organisation some have interpreted as based on the Catholic Church.

We knew from the beginning that the producers of this film intended to leave out the anti-religious references. We think this is a great shame

The three-part series culminates in an epic battle in which God dies - at the hand of a child. Those who have seen the film - which cost £90m to make - say the explicit anti-religious message of the books has been muted. But the Catholic League, which bills itself as America's largest Catholic civil rights organisation, have nevertheless launched a nationwide boycott campaign.

The League says that parents might be taken in by the toned-down film - but will then be fooled into buying the "overtly atheistic and anti-Christian" books. League President Bill Donohue said: "Eighty-five per cent of the people in this country are Catholic or Protestant and I'd like them to stay at home, or go see some other movie. "Pullman is using this film as a sort of stealth campaign. He likes to play the game that he's really not atheistic and anti-Catholic. But yes he is and we have researched this. "This movie is the bait for the books." Too many layers But Mr Pullman - who is attending Tuesday's premier in London's Leicester Square - dismissed the Catholic League as "a tiny, unrepresentative organisation." He told the BBC: "The only person Bill Donohue represents is himself. "I don't want to talk about these criticisms about atheism in my books. It's too long an argument to have, and there are too many layers to the subject." A spokeswoman for the Catholic Church in Britain said she was unaware of a concerted UK campaign to boycott the film: "We have not seen the film yet, so we cannot comment on its message," she said.

Christian journalist Peter Hitchens said that while he opposed a boycott, he wanted parents to be aware of Philip Pullman's themes. He said: "If you buy this book for your child, don't imagine for a moment that you are handing over a neutral story: this author has a purpose. "Don't forget, this is a writer who has previously gone on the record to say he is trying to undermine the basis of Christian belief." Anti-religious Ironically, Mr Pullman has also come under fire from secularists - who say there's isn't enough anti-religious sentiment in the film. Terry Sanderson, president of the National Secular Society, said: "We knew from the beginning that the producers of this film intended to leave out the anti-religious references.

"We think this is a great shame. The fight against the Magisterium (Pullman's thinly-disguised version of the Catholic Church) is the whole point of the book. Take that away and the most original and interesting element of the story is lost." Whether the Catholic League's campaign against the Golden Compass will succeed is open to question. It previously spoke out against the Da Vinci Code - a fictional film that alleged Jesus married and had a child. The film went on to become one of the highest-grossing movies of 2006.

Peter H

Yes it is rediculous isnt it.

Pullman may have an agenda, but then there are plenty of films where good vers. evil and good always wins. Why does good have to win, who said religion was good?

USA has a growing trend of right wing christian extremists, and frankly its a bit worrying.........

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Tuesday, 27 November, 2007 8:04:20 PMRe: lunch

I haven't read the books but my boss has (and I think Katy has). My boss reckoned they would tone down the anti-religion aspect of the books when they made the film. I shall see the film anyway.

I laughed the other week when somebody in the RC church complained that the film Elizabeth showed anti-Catholic bias - hahahahaha - it is a historical fact - what do they want to do - change history!

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

The League says that parents might be taken in by the toned-down film - but will then be fooled into buying the "overtly atheistic and anti-Christian" books. League President Bill Donohue said: "Eighty-five per cent of the people in this country are Catholic or Protestant and I'd like them to stay at home, or go see some other movie. "Pullman is using this film as a sort of stealth campaign. He likes to play the game that he's really not atheistic and anti-Catholic. But yes he is and we have researched this. "This movie is the bait for the books." Too many layers But Mr Pullman - who is attending Tuesday's premier in London's Leicester Square - dismissed the Catholic League as "a tiny, unrepresentative organisation. " He told the BBC: "The only person Bill Donohue represents is himself. "I don't want to talk about these criticisms about atheism in my books. It's too long an argument to have, and there are too many layers to the subject." A spokeswoman for the Catholic Church in Britain said she was unaware of a concerted UK campaign to boycott the film: "We have not seen the film yet, so we cannot comment on its message," she said.

Peter H

the commercials make it look an awful lot like the Narnia movie....

tho..since they are both children's books, i guess that's par for the course

Peter VV Nov 27, 2007 2:51 PM Re: lunch

Peter H

Confucius

yes...yes they do.....

but, to be fair....Elizabeth did portray the Catholics as all evil....i can't think of any of the Catholics portrayed in the movie as having any good qualities....even the one who gave Elizabeth his coat in the beginning ends up trying to give her a poisoned dress...they are all shown as conniving, while you really can't say the same for the protestant portrayal

of course, the movie was called Elizabeth, and not "pope paul"

:)

jo Nov 27, 2007 3:04 PM Re: lunch

Jo

-

Peter VV

Peter H

Confucius

I love those books! I discovered them just before the second one

came out and thought they were much better written (and deeper) than

the Harry Potter series. After I read them, I read good reviews of the

books-on-tape versions (by the BBC?), so I listened to those, too --

they're wonderful.

IIRC, Pullman said somewhere that he didn't really write them as

children's books, it was just easier to sell them as children's books.

I did go on to read the rest of his oeuvre, though, and most of it is

in the children's or young adult section of the library. Whatever.

He's one of my favorite authors.

It sounds like the movie is not going to be worth seeing, though,

if they've left out all the political stuff.

I never saw the Tolkien movies, either, though it's been decades

since I read those so it would be more like experiencing a different

story than seeing a good story ruined.

At 7:51 PM +0000 11/27/07, Peter VV wrote:

Even though they are primarily childrens books, I quite liked

them! Dont know why they changed the title for America though?

Warning: This story contains plot spoilers

By Julian Joyce

BBC News

The author of the book on which the new film The Golden Compass

is based has hit back at critics who accuse him of peddling

" candy-coated atheism " .

Hi Peter

> Philip Pullman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" accusations by the US-based Catholic League that the film promotes atheism and denigrates Christianity.

Well if the fundamentalists in America don't like it, that's all the encouragement I need to go see it :-)

BB

Peter

LOL - me too. I reckon that should make a lot more people go to see

it :-)

BB

Jo

, " metalscarab " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Peter

>

> > Philip Pullman dismissed as " absolute rubbish " accusations by the

US-based Catholic League that the film promotes atheism and

denigrates Christianity.

>

> Well if the fundamentalists in America don't like it, that's all

the encouragement I need to go see it :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Catholics here don't have quite the pull of the evangelical movement.......at least in the media.....

heartwerk Nov 27, 2007 11:45 PM Re: lunch

LOL - me too. I reckon that should make a lot more people go to see it :-)BBJo , "metalscarab" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Peter> > > Philip Pullman dismissed as "absolute rubbish" accusations by the US-based Catholic League that the film promotes atheism and denigrates Christianity. > > Well if the fundamentalists in America don't like it, that's all the encouragement I need to go see it :-)> > BB> Peter>

Confucius

• 1 year later...

I made some Jasmine rice, heated my carrots and cabbage mix from Christmas,

and heated some dressing from Christmas and made a delicious plate full of

food. And the entire place smells of Jasmine.

--

Marilyn Daub

mcdaub

My Cats Knead Me!!!

Vanceburg, KY