IndiaDivine.org

Beans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

just like the green snap bean or green string bean, but yellow in color...

they can be either bush or pole varieties, depends on the type.

jo May 13, 2008 1:59 PM Beans

Does anyone know of beans called something like American Yellow Wax beans????? and if so can you give me some information on growing and using them.

Many thanks

Jo

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Thanks Fraggle - definitely pole variety as they are winding quickly

round the sticks I have given them. They just seem to be growing so

quickly I didn't know what I had! The beans were given to me, and I

had wrongly assumed they were green beans.

I'd better get some longer sticks.

BB

Jo

Guest guest

what are you planting near them, if anything? beans of all stripes makes wonderful companion plantings for a wide variety of crops (except onions and the like)

heartwerk May 13, 2008 11:37 PM Re: Beans

Thanks Fraggle - definitely pole variety as they are winding quickly round the sticks I have given them. They just seem to be growing so quickly I didn't know what I had! The beans were given to me, and I had wrongly assumed they were green beans.I'd better get some longer sticks.BBJo

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

I'm not growing much in the way of vegetables - just esing in to it slowly. At present they are near tomatoes and peppers.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:14 PM

Re: Re: Beans

what are you planting near them, if anything? beans of all stripes makes wonderful companion plantings for a wide variety of crops (except onions and the like)

Thanks Fraggle - definitely pole variety as they are winding quickly round the sticks I have given them. They just seem to be growing so quickly I didn't know what I had! The beans were given to me, and I had wrongly assumed they were green beans.I'd better get some longer sticks.BBJo

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

those plants should enjoy the proximity to the beans

:)

i just cut down the last of the lettuce (well, most of it) as it all turned bitter today...poof...

one warm day and its all over

jo May 14, 2008 11:30 AM Re: Re: Beans

I'm not growing much in the way of vegetables - just esing in to it slowly. At present they are near tomatoes and peppers.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thanks Fraggle - definitely pole variety as they are winding quickly round the sticks I have given them. They just seem to be growing so quickly I didn't know what I had! The beans were given to me, and I had wrongly assumed they were green beans.I'd better get some longer sticks.BBJoWhat gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Shame about the lettuce - will you grow another load?

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:44 PM

i just cut down the last of the lettuce (well, most of it) as it all turned bitter today...poof...

Jo

-

fraggle

Thanks Fraggle - definitely pole variety as they are winding quickly round the sticks I have given them. They just seem to be growing so quickly I didn't know what I had! The beans were given to me, and I had wrongly assumed they were green beans.I'd better get some longer sticks.BBJoWhat gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

come the fall...i'll plant more greens then...

if i try anything now, there's a good chance anything will come up bitter, or we'll get a couple warm days 9like now) and it'll bolt

maybe i'll try a warm weather spinach, but as it is, i haven't the room for the seedlings i got already!

jo May 14, 2008 3:49 PM Re: Re: Beans

Shame about the lettuce - will you grow another load?

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:44 PM

Jo

-

fraggle

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

You're a mine of gardening information :-)

Last time I tried lettuces they vanished overnight - couldn't decide

whether it was deer, rabbits or slugs, or all of them! I haven't

tried again yet. I did grow some on the windowsill last year. They

tasted okay but were a little leggy.

Jo

Guest guest

Hi Jo

> Last time I tried lettuces they vanished overnight - couldn't decide

> whether it was deer, rabbits or slugs, or all of them!

It'll probably be that were-rabbit ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

LOL - that's a thought :-)

BBJo

-

Peter

Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:49 PM

Hi Jo> Last time I tried lettuces they vanished overnight - couldn't decide > whether it was deer, rabbits or slugs, or all of them!It'll probably be that were-rabbit ;-)BBPeter

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Making fresh pinto beans in my pressure cooker. It's worth the wait for a late

lunch.

I believe I will make a tostada with them.

Donna

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry