IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Yum Yum: Vegetarian made simple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Looking at delicious food blogs right before lunch probably wasn't one of my brightest ideas. Perhaps I was under some delusion that a blog about food would not have pictures of the delicious treats it was describing. But I was so wrong.

Vegan Yum Yum (http://veganyumyum.com) is packed with great shots of all kinds of yummy looking dishes. There are also directions on how to make each of them and a description of what they taste like.

The food ideas don't seem too complicated - most are things even a beginning cook could probably handle. And it's a great resource for vegans, vegetarians and even meat-eaters who are looking for something new to spice up their dinner tables.

Lolo, the blog's author, uses very common recipes and just makes simple substitutions to make them vegan-friendly. Recipes have included mini blueberry tarts, cucumber noodles with sweet corn in a creamy Brazilian nut sauce and happy hour trifles.

One of the most endearing things about Vegan Yum Yum is that Lolo tries things that are new for her and shares her experiences. She's only been vegan for three years, so she's still discovering a lot of new things. In a recent post about raw foods she shares, "I admit that I used to think about raw food the way that many omnis (omnivores) think about vegan food in general. What do you eat? Could it really be good? I couldn't possibly make it myself - it seems too hard."

But she does make it herself, and she proves it's not too hard for anyone to make. Her blog is worth checking out if you want to try a little something different for dinner.

Peter H

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.