IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: An Animal-Friendly Life - Sharkwater

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This movie looks great. It would be nice to know if the filmmaker is vegan or vegetarian though.... Your FeedBlitz Updates Here are

the latest updates for kerrimilam "An Animal-Friendly Life" - 1 new article SharkwaterMore Recent ArticlesSearch An Animal-Friendly Life Sharkwater I don't have time now to fully review Rob Stewart's Sharkwater, which opened in theaters this past weekend. However, I

don't think it will stay in theaters much longer unless more people turn out for it. I saw a 9:30 showing of the film last night in Cambridge, and if me and my friends from the BVA hadn't been there, only one person would have been in that room. Hopefully it did better on Friday and Saturday, and is doing better elsewhere. While Sharkwater repeats itself too often and feels a bit too long, it is involving throughout, and I certainly hope that it is nominated for an Academy Award. It's done well at film festivals, but more people need to become aware of its message. If it's playing near you, this is a documentary that you should see on the big screen now instead of waiting to see on DVD, if for no other reason than to be amazed by the underwater photography. But, more importantly, the sooner the word gets out about sharks as creatures to be respected and protected instead of feared, the better chance we have of raising

the awareness that could save them from being wiped out (for something as stupid as shark fin soup, no less). Check your local papers or online for theaters near you. Sharkwater at MySpace. • Email to a friend • Article Search • Related • • More Recent ArticlesRead my guest blog at PBS.orgJohn Robbins interviewMaggie moved from Alaska to sunny

CaliforniaTotally Not Vegan 11/2/2007Celebrate World Vegan Day Safely now from "An Animal-Friendly Life" or change subscription settings Un from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498 http://www.chooseveg.com/meet-your-meat.asp The world is a dangerous place to

live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. -Albert Einstein