IndiaDivine.org

En: 2008 Depends on You! VEGAN OUTREACH

Rate this topic

Guest guest

enewsletter escreveu: De: enewsletterAssunto: 2008 Depends on You! Dec 19, 2007 Vegan Outreach e-NewsletterData: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:24:04 -0500 (EST) About VO Support Pamphlets Catalog AAC FAQ Contact Site Map Why Vegan? Health Guide Advocacy E-Newsletter, Dec. 19, 2007 This issues is sponsored by Vegetarian Shoes and Bags Notes from Vegan Outreach 2008 Depends on You Already in 2007, Vegan Outreach has sent out nearly

1.8 million booklets. This is over 50% more than all of 2006. This stunning increase is a tribute to the hardworking members of Vegan Outreach, who, every day, are taking the animals' plight directly to thousands and thousands of new people. Every week, tens of thousands of people receive an illustrated, detailed, and documented description of today's factory farms and industrial slaughterhouses, as well as honest and compelling guidance for making sustainable compassionate choices. But this undeniable fact remains: without the financial support of our generous donors, Vegan Outreach would be unable to print and ship any of these booklets. Indeed, you can clearly see here what your donations accomplish: with the slightest lag, distribution

tracks -- almost exactly -- Vegan Outreach's income. The numbers make it crystal clear that your contributions have a concrete impact. We do our absolute best, every day, to make sure your contributions go as far as possible for the animals. The underlying philosophy and reasoning that motivates and drives our work is laid out in A Meaningful Life, and our vision in One Possible Future. In short: We believe animal liberation is the moral imperative of our time. We believe we can be the generation that bends the arc of justice to include animals. You can be a part of it. Please join us today -- order booklets to distribute in your area, and make an end-of-year, tax-deductible donation to print and distribute more booklets. You can make a special gift securely on-line, or send a check or money order to: Vegan OutreachP.O. Box 30865Tucson, AZ 85751-0865 Together, we have accomplished a great deal. With your help, 2008 will be another record year! -Anne, Jack, Matt & Everyone at Vegan Outreach New Year’s Resolutions – Improve Your Fitness & Raise Money for the Animals! ‘Tis the season of New Year’s Resolutions! Resolve to be a better vegan example, run a half marathon or 10k, and create more vegetarians!! Join Team Vegan on February 2nd, 2008 for 12 weeks of group training and camaraderie, culminating in the run on April 13th in Santa Cruz. Members from New Jersey to San Francisco are taking part. Click here for all the details! More New Year Resolutions! Vegan Outreach is always looking for more volunteers to leaflet as part of Adopt a College -- no school has been completely saturated! Every semester, new people join up and discover how fulfilling this work can be. You don't need

to be a student! Learn more here! Another way to help animals all year long is through an automatic monthly or quarterly recurring donation. With a credit card, you can set it up via the GiveDirect here. Notes from Our Members At the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, lots of people mentioned being veg; one young woman told me that she cried after reading the booklet, and one guy gave me a good pat on the shoulder in solidarity with my work. One nice young woman came up to tell me that she was handed a booklet at the beginning of the school year and went vegan as a result. One woman said that what she saw in the booklet was "astonishing" and that she was seriously considering trying meatless foods after reading this. I talked for a

bit with one man who really seemed to like VO's mission and work, took a GCFE, AML, my business card, and stated that he was seriously interested in joining VO and telling his friends about the organization. -Jon Camp, 12/11/07 Fred Tyler leaflets at University of Wisconsin, Stout; photo by Jon Camp. At San Francisco State, we met numerous vegans and, by and large, a receptive student body despite the very chilly weather. A student spontaneously helped leaflet and another said, "These booklets really work!" Next we leafleted at Lowell High School, where students stood reading and discussing the booklets. As time went on,

students who had previously refused booklets, interest now piqued, asked for their own copies. Earlier, the students were very receptive at the last day of classes at UC Berkeley. We met three people who made the switch after getting VO lit in the past, and couple thinking of changing.-Miranda Robbins & Victor Tsou, 12/10/07 Today was a great day of high school outreach. At River City HS, the second student I gave a leaflet to excitedly told me he was vegan. I gave him a GCFE and an AML. The rest of the students were receptive; I overheard many of them commenting on the booklets as they walked home. Next, at West Campus HS, the very first student I handed a leaflet to told me she was vegetarian. She could barely contain her enthusiasm at my presence at her school and told me that everyone should have to read the information in the EIYLM. The

remainder of the students that received a booklet were courteous and most immediately started reading them as they walked. No students dropped their booklets on the ground and none made any snide remarks. It makes me happy to see so many young people seriously considering the plight of the animals and I am convinced that many of them will become more compassionate consumers. -Brian Grupe, 12/10/07 I brought my last hundred copies of Even If You Like Meat to De Anza College today. After passing out 99, a woman came running up to me to ask if she could have the last one. She ran back and eagerly shared it with a friend. One more reminder that there are college students hungry for this information, if only volunteers take the time to leaflet.-Erik

Marcus, 12/10/07 You can see previous issues of Vegan Outreach's e-newsletter here.To , follow the link at the bottom of this message. Vegan OutreachP.O. Box 30865Tucson, AZ 85751-0865 VO is a 501©(3) non-profit organization; all

donations are tax-deductible.

Abra sua conta no Mail, o único sem limite de espaço para armazenamento!