Rate this topic

Guest guest

We had our works Christmas lunch the other day. The restaurant that the

department chose could not do a vegan meal, and the veggie option was an

insult to veggies (poached egg on potato rosti with spinach and mushroom

sauce, with starter and dessert for £19.95). Some of us went to a different

restaurant and I had peppers stuffed with butternut squash, sweet potato and

green beans, served on a bed of pasta with garlic sauce, followed by a pecan

tart with strawberries. It was very nice, and with a drink cost £14.10.

Has anyone else had a works lunch yet?

Jo

but, you had to pay for your holiday work lunch?

thats no fun

jo Dec 20, 2007 10:53 AM Work Christmas lunch

We had our works Christmas lunch the other day. The restaurant that thedepartment chose could not do a vegan meal, and the veggie option was aninsult to veggies (poached egg on potato rosti with spinach and mushroomsauce, with starter and dessert for £19.95). Some of us went to a differentrestaurant and I had peppers stuffed with butternut squash, sweet potato andgreen beans, served on a bed of pasta with garlic sauce, followed by a pecantart with strawberries. It was very nice, and with a drink cost £14.10.Has anyone else had a works lunch yet?Jo

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius

We always have to pay for our holiday work lunch. We are allowed our normal lunch hour + one and a half hours that the company pays us for. Unfortunatley it is quite rushed as you have travelled somewhere and eaten a (usually) three course meal and travelled back. The company does do a free buffet but I haven't been for many years because there are only a few items that are vegan, and they are usually lukewarm greasy samosas and spring rolls.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:59 PM

Re: Work Christmas lunch

but, you had to pay for your holiday work lunch?

thats no fun

jo Dec 20, 2007 10:53 AM Work Christmas lunch

We had our works Christmas lunch the other day. The restaurant that thedepartment chose could not do a vegan meal, and the veggie option was aninsult to veggies (poached egg on potato rosti with spinach and mushroomsauce, with starter and dessert for £19.95). Some of us went to a differentrestaurant and I had peppers stuffed with butternut squash, sweet potato andgreen beans, served on a bed of pasta with garlic sauce, followed by a pecantart with strawberries. It was very nice, and with a drink cost £14.10.Has anyone else had a works lunch yet?Jo

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Yeah, mine sucked big time. I decided to go to the Balinese/Malaysian restaurant that we went to last year. Had a great vegan meal there last year, but this year they brought three out of 5 dishes with egg in one form or another, and forgot my rice, only brought out the egg fried that everyone else was having.

When I collared the manager ( whom I booked the meal with, and spent 10 minutes explaining what I could and couldnt eat ), he suddenly forgot how to speak english!, and said I had the 5 vegetarian options, and did I want my rice or not! Couldnt cause a scene and drag everyone else down so shut up, and grinned and bore it..................

wont be going there again......

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 20 December, 2007 6:53:35 PM Work Christmas lunch

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

HI Peter

I'm sorry to hear about the disaster of your meal. I hope you have much better luck next year. What will you be having at home?

Jo

-

Peter VV

Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:46 PM

Yeah, mine sucked big time. I decided to go to the Balinese/Malaysian restaurant that we went to last year. Had a great vegan meal there last year, but this year they brought three out of 5 dishes with egg in one form or another, and forgot my rice, only brought out the egg fried that everyone else was having.

When I collared the manager ( whom I booked the meal with, and spent 10 minutes explaining what I could and couldnt eat ), he suddenly forgot how to speak english!, and said I had the 5 vegetarian options, and did I want my rice or not! Couldnt cause a scene and drag everyone else down so shut up, and grinned and bore it..................

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 20 December, 2007 6:53:35 PM Work Christmas lunch

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

my christmas cracker surprises.

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Monday, 24 December, 2007 1:55:16 PMRe: Work Christmas lunch

HI Peter

I'm sorry to hear about the disaster of your meal. I hope you have much better luck next year. What will you be having at home?

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

When I collared the manager ( whom I booked the meal with, and spent 10 minutes explaining what I could and couldnt eat ), he suddenly forgot how to speak english!, and said I had the 5 vegetarian options, and did I want my rice or not! Couldnt cause a scene and drag everyone else down so shut up, and grinned and bore it.......... ........

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, 20 December, 2007 6:53:35 PM Work Christmas lunch

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

Oh yes- they sounded good.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Monday, December 24, 2007 4:43 PM

my christmas cracker surprises.

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Monday, 24 December, 2007 1:55:16 PMRe: Work Christmas lunch

HI Peter

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

When I collared the manager ( whom I booked the meal with, and spent 10 minutes explaining what I could and couldnt eat ), he suddenly forgot how to speak english!, and said I had the 5 vegetarian options, and did I want my rice or not! Couldnt cause a scene and drag everyone else down so shut up, and grinned and bore it.......... ........

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, 20 December, 2007 6:53:35 PM Work Christmas lunch

Sent from - a smarter inbox.