IndiaDivine.org

Quiet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?

I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I should

be. I always think January is a dreary month.

We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads of

daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was in

full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?

Jo

sorry....

i was last at work last Friday, and have no internet STILL at home

(word to the wise, avoid Earthlink like the plague.....)

hope everyone had a good NYE er wotever

and, on Tuesday, as we were fuddling and fidgeting with the roof, noticed that plum tree was just beginning t oplum...on the 1st of January....silly tree, considering its going to storm the next three days with high winds...should blow those blows right away...

and talking snow down to the 1000' level in the bay area come sunday....bleh....

fraggle

heartwerk Jan 2, 2008 11:42 PM Quiet

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I should be. I always think January is a dreary month.We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads of daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was in full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?Jo

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius

Hi Fraggle

Plants are being silly in your neck of the woods too then! Presumably the plum will start again later in the year.

We were supposed to have snow today but didn't get any down here, although Peter in Wales may have had some. Apparently there was a little about twenty miles from us. The wind has been very cold though. I hope you don't get the snow - I know you don't like it.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:20 PM

Re: Quiet

sorry....

and, on Tuesday, as we were fuddling and fidgeting with the roof, noticed that plum tree was just beginning t oplum...on the 1st of January....silly tree, considering its going to storm the next three days with high winds...should blow those blows right away...

and talking snow down to the 1000' level in the bay area come sunday....bleh....

fraggle

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I should be. I always think January is a dreary month.We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads of daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was in full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?Jo

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Good advice. I never chose them, but had to use them when a

nonprofit went out of the internet-access biz and dropped us all in

their laps some years ago. It was a real relief to drop them,

and as a bonus spam decreased 95 percent. I found a great local

(Oakland) access provider, which was also one of the most reasonably

priced -- california.com. The only downside was having to change the

e-mail address.

So that's my advice -- find a small regional provider.

At 8:20 AM -0800 1/3/08, fraggle wrote:

well...shouldn't happen here...just up in the hills...if ity snowed down here, everyone would just die, since ppl drive crazy enough already, i'd hate to see em in the snow....

prolly barely hit 50F here on sunday....

jo Jan 3, 2008 10:44 AM Re: Quiet

Hi Fraggle

Plants are being silly in your neck of the woods too then! Presumably the plum will start again later in the year.

We were supposed to have snow today but didn't get any down here, although Peter in Wales may have had some. Apparently there was a little about twenty miles from us. The wind has been very cold though. I hope you don't get the snow - I know you don't like it.

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I should be. I always think January is a dreary month.We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads of daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was in full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?JoReal knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Confucius

we keep having problems with DSL.....

had , which went to AT@T, then a rescue dog ate our phone junction box...and all of sudden dsl never worked again

AT@T never really fixed it correctly....it would work on and off...gave up fer awhile and went to dialup...that worked for, 6 months(???)..it stopped....

went to earthlink, and it NEVER has worked....

we'll just have to see.,.....

yarrow Jan 3, 2008 11:07 AM Re: Quiet

Good advice. I never chose them, but had to use them when a nonprofit went out of the internet-access biz and dropped us all in their laps some years ago. It was a real relief to drop them, and as a bonus spam decreased 95 percent. I found a great local (Oakland) access provider, which was also one of the most reasonably priced -- california.com. The only downside was having to change the e-mail address.

So that's my advice -- find a small regional provider.

At 8:20 AM -0800 1/3/08, fraggle wrote:

Confucius

on sunday, for a high

its a about 57F now, just started raining...supposed to rain til next week...

cross yer fingers, as we went up on roof on tuesday and tried to patch the leaks....

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:13 PM Re: Quiet

50f? its 33 today here, bloody cold it is too with 15 wind

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:09:31 PMRe: Quiet

well...shouldn' t happen here...just up in the hills...if ity snowed down here, everyone would just die, since ppl drive crazy enough already, i'd hate to see em in the snow....

jo Jan 3, 2008 10:44 AM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

and talking snow down to the 1000' level in the bay area come sunday....bleh. ...

fraggle

heartwerk Jan 2, 2008 11:42 PM @gro ups.com Quiet

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I should be. I always think January is a dreary month.We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads of daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was in full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?JoReal knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

Confucius

stop messing about and get a roofer in!

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:17:28 PMRe: Quiet

on sunday, for a high

cross yer fingers, as we went up on roof on tuesday and tried to patch the leaks....

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:13 PM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 3 January, 2008 9:09:31 PMRe: Quiet

well...shouldn' t happen here...just up in the hills...if ity snowed down here, everyone would just die, since ppl drive crazy enough already, i'd hate to see em in the snow....

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

and talking snow down to the 1000' level in the bay area come sunday....bleh. ...

fraggle

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

you got a few thousand lying around you willing to send us?

roofin ain't cheap.....

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:19 PM Re: Quiet

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:17:28 PMRe: Quiet

on sunday, for a high

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 3 January, 2008 9:09:31 PMRe: Quiet

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Confucius

Is it that bad?

Get your landlord to fix it! its his property!

or move to Canada!!!!!

:)

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:24:38 PMRe: Quiet

roofin ain't cheap.....

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 3 January, 2008 9:17:28 PMRe: Quiet

on sunday, for a high

Peter H

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

stop trying to make me freeze!!! no canadia! unless you discover the warm part...

as for the roof...constant leak.....everytime we ask, he sent over one of his "minions"..who did silly things, like track mud all over our haus, pulled sheetrock down on my computer, and tried to fix a leaky roof with caulking....

and, since one of us has to be home to watch said minions..its a disaster

so, we said we'd fix it..and, well, several patch attempts and still nuthin

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:26 PM Re: Quiet

Is it that bad?

or move to Canada!!!!!

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:24:38 PMRe: Quiet

roofin ain't cheap.....

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 3 January, 2008 9:17:28 PMRe: Quiet

on sunday, for a high

Peter H

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Sent from - a smarter inbox. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Confucius

So any damage he does to your poperty comes out of the rent eh? wheras any damage you do to his property goes on top of your rent...........you wont win.

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:30:57 PMRe: Quiet

stop trying to make me freeze!!! no canadia! unless you discover the warm part...

as for the roof...constant leak.....everytime we ask, he sent over one of his "minions"..who did silly things, like track mud all over our haus, pulled sheetrock down on my computer, and tried to fix a leaky roof with caulking....

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:26 PM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Is it that bad?

or move to Canada!!!!!

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 3 January, 2008 9:24:38 PMRe: Quiet

roofin ain't cheap.....

Peter H

on sunday, for a high

Peter H

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Sent from - a smarter inbox. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Have you got warm clothes?

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:09 PM

well...shouldn't happen here...just up in the hills...if ity snowed down here, everyone would just die, since ppl drive crazy enough already, i'd hate to see em in the snow....

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

renters never win....

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:34 PM Re: Quiet

So any damage he does to your poperty comes out of the rent eh? wheras any damage you do to his property goes on top of your rent...........you wont win.

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 3 January, 2008 9:30:57 PMRe: Quiet

Peter VV Jan 3, 2008 1:26 PM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Is it that bad?

or move to Canada!!!!!

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 3 January, 2008 9:24:38 PMRe: Quiet

roofin ain't cheap.....

Peter H

on sunday, for a high

Peter H

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Confucius

no jacket or anything like that...

just hoodies (hooded sweatshirt)

we'll survive....

jo Jan 3, 2008 1:37 PM Re: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

Confucius

You need thick jackets or coats really, and scarves and hats.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, January 04, 2008 5:05 PM

we'll survive....

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

nah...

we'll be fine

doesn't stay cold here long

if it did..we'd all be in deep doo doo here

jo Jan 4, 2008 3:17 PM Re: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

we'll survive....

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

Confucius

That's good. We just heard on the news that you have snow on the higher ground now, and a lot of power lines are down. I hope it doesn't affect you.

I can't imagine living somewhere where you don't need coats, scarves, hats, gloves, boots etc.

Jo

-

fraggle

Saturday, January 05, 2008 1:18 AM

nah...

we'll be fine

Jo

-

fraggle

we'll survive....

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

I would have thought being a bike rider that you would have had a jacket,gloves & boots?

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Sunday, 6 January, 2008 12:00:16 AMRe: Quiet

That's good. We just heard on the news that you have snow on the higher ground now, and a lot of power lines are down. I hope it doesn't affect you.

I can't imagine living somewhere where you don't need coats, scarves, hats, gloves, boots etc.

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

nah...

we'll be fine

jo Jan 4, 2008 3:17 PM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

we'll survive....

jo Jan 3, 2008 1:37 PM @gro ups.com Re: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with for Good

Way back when we had a bike we had non-leather leathers (I think they were oiled something or other) - jackets and trousers, motorcycle gloves and loads of warm clothes for underneath - still froze!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:57 PM

I would have thought being a bike rider that you would have had a jacket,gloves & boots?

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Sunday, 6 January, 2008 12:00:16 AMRe: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

nah...

we'll be fine

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

we'll survive....

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

I used to try to ride a bicycle year-round when I lived in a

snowy climate in the midwest. It was fine except for Jan-March, when

the cold air would hit my eyeballs and freeze, which was painful. So I

settled for Apr-Dec. Keeping my feet dry and my hands and ears warm

was also important, but aside from that, staying warm and dry was

easy.

At 11:34 PM +0000 1/6/08, jo wrote:

?

Way back when we had a bike we had non-leather leathers (I think

they were oiled something or other) - jackets and trousers, motorcycle

gloves and loads of warm clothes for underneath - still froze!

Jo

-

Peter VV

I would have thought being a bike rider that you would have had a

jacket,gloves & boots?

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork

Sunday, 6 January, 2008 12:00:16 AM

?

That's good. We just heard on the news that you have snow

on the higher ground now, and a lot of power lines are down. I

hope it doesn't affect you.

I can't imagine living somewhere where you don't need coats,

scarves, hats, gloves, boots etc.

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro

ups.com

nah...

we'll be fine

jo

Jan 4, 2008 3:17 PM

@gro

ups.com

?

You need thick jackets or coats really, and scarves and

hats.

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro

ups.com

we'll survive....

jo

Jan 3, 2008 1:37 PM

@gro

ups.com

?

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro

ups.com

well...shouldn' t happen here...just up in the hills...if ity

snowed down here, everyone would just die, since ppl drive crazy

enough already, i'd hate to see em in the snow....

jo

Jan 3, 2008 10:44 AM

@gro

ups.com

?

Hi Fraggle

Plants are being silly in your neck of the woods too then!

Presumably the plum will start again later in the year.

We were supposed to have snow today but didn't get any down here,

although Peter in Wales may have had some. Apparently there was

a little about twenty miles from us. The wind has been very cold

though. I hope you don't get the snow - I know you don't like

it.

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro

ups.com

sorry....

i was last at work last Friday, and have no internet STILL at

home

and, on Tuesday, as we were fuddling and fidgeting with

the roof, noticed that plum tree was just beginning t

oplum...on the 1st of January....silly tree, considering its going to

storm the next three days with high winds...should blow those blows

right away...

and talking snow down to the 1000' level in the bay area come

sunday....bleh. ...

fraggle

heartwerk

Jan 2, 2008 11:42 PM

@gro ups.com

Quiet

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to

chat?

I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I

should

be. I always think January is a dreary month.

We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads

of

daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was

in

full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?

Jo

Confucius

Confucius

Confucius

Confucius

Ours was a motorbike, and at the time, our only form of transport.

It was fun, and especially nice in the summer. I shall never forget

how cold your face, hands and knees can get in the cold, frosty

weather.

Jo

, yarrow wrote:

>

> I used to try to ride a bicycle year-round when I lived in a snowy

> climate in the midwest. It was fine except for Jan-March, when the

> cold air would hit my eyeballs and freeze, which was painful. So I

> settled for Apr-Dec. Keeping my feet dry and my hands and ears warm

> was also important, but aside from that, staying warm and dry was

> easy.

>

>

> At 11:34 PM +0000 1/6/08, jo wrote:

> ?

> Way back when we had a bike we had non-leather leathers (I think

they

> were oiled something or other) - jackets and trousers, motorcycle

> gloves and loads of warm clothes for underneath - still froze!

>

> Jo

>

> -

> <swpgh01Peter VV

>

> Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:57 PM

> Re: Quiet

>

> I would have thought being a bike rider that you would have had a

> jacket,gloves & boots?

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> jo <<jo.heartworkjo.heartwork

>

> Sunday, 6 January, 2008 12:00:16 AM

>

> ?

> That's good. We just heard on the news that you have snow on the

> higher ground now, and a lot of power lines are down. I hope it

> doesn't affect you.

>

> I can't imagine living somewhere where you don't need coats,

scarves,

> hats, gloves, boots etc.

>

> Jo

>

>

>

> -

> <EBbrewpunxfraggle

> @gro ups.com

> Saturday, January 05, 2008 1:18 AM

>

> nah...

>

> we'll be fine

>

> doesn't stay cold here long

>

> if it did..we'd all be in deep doo doo here

>

>

> jo

> Jan 4, 2008 3:17 PM

> @gro ups.com

>

> ?

> You need thick jackets or coats really, and scarves and hats.

>

> Jo

>

>

> -

> <EBbrewpunxfraggle

> @gro ups.com

> Friday, January 04, 2008 5:05 PM

>

> no jacket or anything like that...

>

> just hoodies (hooded sweatshirt)

>

> we'll survive....

>

> :)

>

>

> jo

> Jan 3, 2008 1:37 PM

> @gro ups.com

>

> ?

> Have you got warm clothes?

>

> Jo

>

>

> -

> <EBbrewpunxfraggle

> @gro ups.com

> Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:09 PM

>

> well...shouldn' t happen here...just up in the hills...if ity

snowed

> down here, everyone would just die, since ppl drive crazy enough

> already, i'd hate to see em in the snow....

>

> prolly barely hit 50F here on sunday....

>

>

> jo

> Jan 3, 2008 10:44 AM

> @gro ups.com

>

> ?

> Hi Fraggle

>

> Plants are being silly in your neck of the woods too then!

> Presumably the plum will start again later in the year.

>

> We were supposed to have snow today but didn't get any down here,

> although Peter in Wales may have had some. Apparently there was a

> little about twenty miles from us. The wind has been very cold

> though. I hope you don't get the snow - I know you don't like it.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> <EBbrewpunxfraggle

> @gro ups.com

> Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:20 PM

>

> sorry....

>

> i was last at work last Friday, and have no internet STILL at home

>

> (word to the wise, avoid Earthlink like the plague.....)

>

> hope everyone had a good NYE er wotever

>

> and, on Tuesday, as we were fuddling and fidgeting with the roof,

> noticed that plum tree was just beginning t oplum...on the 1st of

> January....silly tree, considering its going to storm the next

three

> days with high winds...should blow those blows right away...

>

> and talking snow down to the 1000' level in the bay area come

> sunday....bleh. ...

>

> fraggle

>

>

> heartwerk

> Jan 2, 2008 11:42 PM

> @gro ups.com

> Quiet

>

> It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?

>

> I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I should

> be. I always think January is a dreary month.

>

> We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads

of

> daffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was in

> full bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?

>

> Jo

>

> Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

> Confucius

>

> Confucius

>

> Confucius

>

> Confucius

>

>

>

>

> Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with

>

<http://us.rd./mailuk/taglines/isp/control/*http://us.rd.yaho

o.com/evt=51947/*http://uk.promotions./forgood/>!

> for Good

>

it snowed on some of the bay area peaks around here, and of course like 10' up in the sierra...

lotsa rain here, thousands without power...

but, the only thing that happened to us was the bouganvillia came down from the side of the house...

i don't think it ever dropped below 40F at our place....

jo Jan 5, 2008 4:00 PM Re: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

nah...

we'll be fine

Jo

-

fraggle

we'll survive....

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry....

fraggle

Confucius

i had a vegan motorcycle jacket, but, it wasn't very warm, and fell apart anyways....

boots..thats all i wear...vegan docs....

Peter VV Jan 6, 2008 10:57 AM Re: Quiet

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Sunday, 6 January, 2008 12:00:16 AMRe: Quiet

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

nah...

we'll be fine

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

we'll survive....

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

Confucius

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the best was when i rode from SF to san diego..in december of 1998.....

nuthin like doing 70 on the freeway when its below freezing in the passes along the coast....

brrrrrrrrrrrrr

i'd get to a rest area, and run inside the nbathroom and try and run hot water over my cramped fingers....

whee fun

yarrow Jan 6, 2008 3:55 PM Re: Quiet

I used to try to ride a bicycle year-round when I lived in a snowy climate in the midwest. It was fine except for Jan-March, when the cold air would hit my eyeballs and freeze, which was painful. So I settled for Apr-Dec. Keeping my feet dry and my hands and ears warm was also important, but aside from that, staying warm and dry was easy.

At 11:34 PM +0000 1/6/08, jo wrote:

?

Way back when we had a bike we had non-leather leathers (I think they were oiled something or other) - jackets and trousers, motorcycle gloves and loads of warm clothes for underneath - still froze!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Peter H

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Sunday, 6 January, 2008 12:00:16 AMRe: Quiet

?

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

nah...

we'll be fine

joJan 4, 2008 3:17 PM@gro ups.comRe: Quiet

?

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

we'll survive....

joJan 3, 2008 1:37 PM@gro ups.comRe: Quiet

?

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

joJan 3, 2008 10:44 AM@gro ups.comRe: Quiet

?

Hi Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

sorry....

fraggle

heartwerkJan 2, 2008 11:42 PM@gro ups.com Quiet

It's very quiet on here lately - is everyone too busy to chat?I'm back at work now :-( and certainly don't feel as though I shouldbe. I always think January is a dreary month.We went to an arboretum a couple of days ago, and there were loads ofdaffodils flowering !! and even more strange, a rhododendrum was infull bloom !!! Has anyone else noticed flowers out early?Jo

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.Confucius

Confucius