IndiaDivine.org

An Omnivore’s Evolution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yep, because I dont consider them racist, you do, and the fact that you always bite encourages me to continue.............you take lots of things far too seriously. If Wales had lost I would have taken it on the chin and laughed it off, and not made a comment like the one you made about England having so many injured players, insinuating that the only way Wales could win was by injuring them on purpose.

Lets recap

I said " oh by the way did I mention that Wales beat England" with a smilie face.

Next thing I know I am being accused of sniping and being racist.

I`m sorry Jo, but whenever I post something you dont like you realy seem to try your hardest to go on the offensive. It happens so often now that I mostly ignore it.

Peter H

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 1:16:41 PM Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

Do you feel as though you should be able to make racist comments without anyone mentioning that you have?Jo@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> And you bite every time.......: )> > Peter H > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 7:36:45 AM> Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > If you remember a few years ago though, I, in my innocence, had never > realised there was any hatred emanating from Wales. If

there is any > bad feeling on my part now, it is because you have told us that the > Welsh dislike the English and you take every opportunity available to > snipe. > > Jo> > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> >> > And to be fair vice versa......> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ ...>> > @gro ups.com> > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:38:25 AM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > >  > > Hi Jo / Peter> > > > So, displaying a fairly standard Welsh attitude toward the English?> > > > BB> > Peter> > ----- Original

Message ----- > > jo > > @gro ups.com > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:41 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > ....but look how many injuries they had to cause to the England > team to win!> > > > Jo> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:20 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > The best team won in the end!> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> > @gro ups.com> >

Saturday, 2 February, 2008 11:18:39 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > Watch it!! Twas a good match - Wales not too good in first half, > England not too good in second.> > > > Jo> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:22 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > I agree.> > Oh by the way, did I mention that Wales beat England at rugby today > on English soil?....... ...:)> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > To:

@gro ups.com> > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 9:18:44 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > Hi Peter> > > > I'd say it's rather lazy thinking. There is a certain validity in > the suggestion that meat from local animals won't have any of > the "travel miles" from exotic fruits. But, at the risk of a terrible > pun, it's comparing apples and pears... if he wanted to be truly > environmentally friendly with his diet, he would compare the impact > of localy farmed meat with the impact of locally farmed veg!> > > > And, as Katy's just pointed out, the feed for the animals on his > local farm almost certainly will have a large number of travel > miles... so, woolly thinking on his part all round.> > > >

BB> > Peter> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:46 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > Dont know what to make of this :> > Thanks to Bryan Welch (â€Å"Why I Farm,� February/March 2007) for > his moving story of farm life. I have been mostly vegan for nearly > three years, primarily to eat lower on the food chain and avoid the > synthetic chemicals, hormones and antibiotics found in most animal > products. I also choose this lifestyle in consideration of animals’ > lives, our planet’s well-being and conservation of resources.> > Recently, however, I’ve begun to re-evaluate my choices for a

> truly sustainable, healthy and environmentally sound diet. I’m > realizing that being vegan in Montana isn’t nearly as sustainable > as eating meat raised in a place like Bryan’s farm. My endive and > fig salad with orange-balsamic vinaigrette, nothing of which comes > from anywhere near Montana, strains the environment more than meat > and potatoes from right down the road.> > Within the past year I’ve reintroduced the occasional meal of > wild game, hunted by some friends on land within miles of my home. > I’ve accepted this meat back in my diet because I know how and > where the animal lived, what it ate and how it was killed.> > My friends hunt with reverence and respect for the life of the > animal and aim to be â€Å"one shot

wonders.â€� They took me hunting > this fall. We didn’t kill an animal that day, but I am still > committed to pursuing this experience. Although I await it with a > sort of existential sadness. I fantasize of someday having a modest, > self-sustaining farm with a fabulous garden, a few chickens and maybe > some sheep or goats for meat, milk and fiber. That would be the last > step in my evolution as an omnivore. I deeply appreciate the humility > and depth of connection Bryan has with his farm and animals. His > respect and reverence for their lives, and his honesty about > confronting the life-death transition, are inspirational and > affirming. I wish all meat-eaters could face the experience of > killing the animals that sustain them with as much grace as Bryan â€" > the world would be better for

it.> > ROSE TOCKE> > Helena, Montana> > The Vegetarian Choice> > http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ Modern-Homestead ing/2007- 04-> 01/Dear- Mother-April- May-2007. aspx> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > >> > > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. >

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

I would never say I was against English rugby team because they conquered Wales without my tongue protruding through my cheek.

As I have said , there is no grudge, it exists in your mind.

So maybe you should get over it, and lets get on with sticking together as vegans regardless of age/nationality/ability or anything else. Our common goal here should be promoting an animal friendly, cruelty free lifestyle.

If ever your in my kneck of the woods I`ll buy you a pint.

Peter H

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 1:15:53 PM Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

The grudge is not confined to rugby - that is just another way of expressing it. You once said you were totally against the English rugby team because the English conquered Wales!!! That is holding a grudge on a grand scale, wouldn't you say?As I've pointed out before, if I held similar views to yours I wouldn't like the Danish, Norwegians or Swedish because the Vikings invaded us in the distant past, and I wouldn't like the Germans and the Italians or the French because they also invaded us sometime in the past.Come on Peter - get over it.JoDenmark, Norway and Sweden@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> Theres no grudge, just a wind up, on a grand scale,culminating in the match last weekend....its taken 20

years!> Shame Scotland lost.> > Peter H > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 7:44:21 AM> Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > Also, once when discussing ruby and Welsh hatred of the English you > said that the television never supported the Welsh team. Well thanks > to you and that discussion I have since become a rugby fan, and watch > it whenever it is on the television. I can tell you without a shadow > of a doubt that the 'English' television thoroughly supports Wales, > Ireland and Scotland exactly the same as it does England. The same >

happens in all other sports too - Andy Murray is an example.> > I think it's about time you stopped holding old grudges about things > that happened centuries ago, and not to you personally.> > Jo> > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> >> > Somehow I find that hard to believe, unfotunately.> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ ...>> > @gro ups.com> > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:04:13 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > >  > > Hi Peter> > > > I dunno - I've not heard any English people have any antagonism > toward the Welsh... except in

retaliation!> > > > BB> > Peter> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Monday, February 04, 2008 8:40 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > And to be fair vice versa......> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > @gro ups.com> > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:38:25 AM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > Hi Jo / Peter> > > > So, displaying a fairly standard Welsh attitude toward the English?> > >

> BB> > Peter> > - > > jo > > @gro ups.com > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:41 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > ....but look how many injuries they had to cause to the England > team to win!> > > > Jo> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:20 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > The best team won in the end!> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > jo <jo.heartwork@

gmail.com>> > @gro ups.com> > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 11:18:39 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > Watch it!! Twas a good match - Wales not too good in first half, > England not too good in second.> > > > Jo> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:22 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > I agree.> > Oh by the way, did I mention that Wales beat England at rugby today > on English soil?....... ...:)> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message

----> > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > @gro ups.com> > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 9:18:44 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > Hi Peter> > > > I'd say it's rather lazy thinking. There is a certain validity in > the suggestion that meat from local animals won't have any of > the "travel miles" from exotic fruits. But, at the risk of a terrible > pun, it's comparing apples and pears... if he wanted to be truly > environmentally friendly with his diet, he would compare the impact > of localy farmed meat with the impact of locally farmed veg!> > > > And, as Katy's just pointed out, the feed for the animals on his > local farm almost certainly will have a large number of travel >

miles... so, woolly thinking on his part all round.> > > > BB> > Peter> > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:46 PM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > Dont know what to make of this :> > Thanks to Bryan Welch (â€Å"Why I Farm,� February/March 2007) for > his moving story of farm life. I have been mostly vegan for nearly > three years, primarily to eat lower on the food chain and avoid the > synthetic chemicals, hormones and antibiotics found in most animal > products. I also choose this lifestyle in consideration of animals’ > lives, our planet’s well-being and conservation of resources.> >

Recently, however, I’ve begun to re-evaluate my choices for a > truly sustainable, healthy and environmentally sound diet. I’m > realizing that being vegan in Montana isn’t nearly as sustainable > as eating meat raised in a place like Bryan’s farm. My endive and > fig salad with orange-balsamic vinaigrette, nothing of which comes > from anywhere near Montana, strains the environment more than meat > and potatoes from right down the road.> > Within the past year I’ve reintroduced the occasional meal of > wild game, hunted by some friends on land within miles of my home. > I’ve accepted this meat back in my diet because I know how and > where the animal lived, what it ate and how it was killed.> > My friends hunt with reverence and respect for the

life of the > animal and aim to be â€Å"one shot wonders.� They took me hunting > this fall. We didn’t kill an animal that day, but I am still > committed to pursuing this experience. Although I await it with a > sort of existential sadness. I fantasize of someday having a modest, > self-sustaining farm with a fabulous garden, a few chickens and maybe > some sheep or goats for meat, milk and fiber. That would be the last > step in my evolution as an omnivore. I deeply appreciate the humility > and depth of connection Bryan has with his farm and animals. His > respect and reverence for their lives, and his honesty about > confronting the life-death transition, are inspirational and > affirming. I wish all meat-eaters could face the experience of > killing the animals that sustain them with as much grace as

Bryan â€" > the world would be better for it.> > ROSE TOCKE> > Helena, Montana> > The Vegetarian Choice> > http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ Modern-Homestead ing/2007- 04-> 01/Dear- Mother-April- May-2007. aspx> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with > for Good > > > > > > > > ____________ _________

_________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. >

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with for Good